-NOVA-

DIMLIM Concept Full Album CHE DO A RA

I was salty as fuck at first because of llll-Ligro- disbanding and cancelling Tomurai...then DIMLIM beefed everything up. I'm glad issei left, they really weren't that interesting with him in it, These past three songs have been spectacular and been replayed daily. Didn't think I'd be hyped so soon after being severely disappointed, I hope sho finds a different scream technique so he doesn't ruin his voice in the near future. (like hinata...ily hinata)

Forgot to pre-order, like an idiot. Now my heart is broken, 2-4 weeks until CD Japan can ship it. I hope everyone else was smarter than me!! Excuse me while I go watch the Vanitas MV for the 100th time and cry. Ah, I cannot wait to hear it and to hear people's thoughts on it!!!

Preordered a month ago. Amazon.jp just says “shipping soon” and estimated arrival is August 11-14. This is a problem, because none of that says it’s in my hands right now. 

Were there any previews somewhere? I don't speak japanese, but judging from their site, apparently those are the places it's being sold online (?)

"CD取扱店舗】
・全国ヴィジュアル系専門店
(ZEAL LINK / ライカエジソン / little HEARTS. / ブランドエックス / 自主盤倶楽部など)
・タワーレコード
・HMV
・TSUTAYA
・VILLAGE VANGUARD
・Amazonなど"

I hope one of the song is a long-ass Vinushka/Diabolos-esque song. I'm not really expecting DeG to do one of these anymore but it would be cool to hear Dimlim trying to do a long piece like that.

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Preordered a month ago. Amazon.jp just says “shipping soon” and estimated arrival is August 11-14. This is a problem, because none of that says it’s in my hands right now. 

Same...

Got my copy today from CDJapan.

This album is simply amazing. All the songs are notable, the production is on point and well beyond what is generally expected for VK, and it overall lives up to the hype generated from the three songs we got in preview. I'm sure it will be worth the wait for everyone else whose copy hasn't arrived yet.

And to be honest, I didn't realize there was this much skill in Retsu and Ryuya's guitar playing. Of course, Hiroshi is a much better drummer than Issei ever was, so that probably allows them to demonstrate their skill a lot more now.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:59 AM, Manji 卍 said:

I'm sure there will be a lot of heavy stuff but I want some diversity as well. A good ballad, something like "Avalon" (mejibray) , would be nice

It's pretty heavy overall, but there is diversity in the stylistic choices in the songwriting. There are a couple of ballad-ish songs (Malformation, D.Hymnus), but the final track 「人」と「形」is the most like that. Otherwise Vanitas probably comes closest to that Avalon-like Ballad feel.

I noticed that the 3 preview songs all say the music is by Retsu, but in the lyric booklet every song composition is credited as 02. Retsu is the 2nd member credited in the band members, so... I dunno lol

58 minutes ago, NightFall said:

This album is simply amazing. All the songs are notable, the production is on point and well beyond what is generally expected for VK, and it overall lives up to the hype generated from the three songs we got in preview. 

Any chance of an upload please now that you've awoken my musical boner? :3

1 hour ago, NightFall said:

Are there any songs longer then 7 minutes?

Edit: Just saw from amazon reviews album is 40 minutes long with 12 tracks...

Edited by Tanishi

4 hours ago, NightFall said:

This album is simply amazing. All the songs are notable, the production is on point and well beyond what is generally expected for VK, and it overall lives up to the hype generated from the three songs we got in preview. I'm sure it will be worth the wait for everyone else whose copy hasn't arrived yet.

And to be honest, I didn't realize there was this much skill in Retsu and Ryuya's guitar playing. Of course, Hiroshi is a much better drummer than Issei ever was, so that probably allows them to demonstrate their skill a lot more now.

It's pretty heavy overall, but there is diversity in the stylistic choices in the songwriting. There are a couple of ballad-ish songs (Malformation, D.Hymnus), but the final track 「人」と「形」is the most like that. Otherwise Vanitas probably comes closest to that Avalon-like Ballad feel.

I noticed that the 3 preview songs all say the music is by Retsu, but in the lyric booklet every song composition is credited as 02. Retsu is the 2nd member credited in the band members, so... I dunno lol

02 probably is retsu’s nick name(0 2= rei two)

Wow what a fucking Album. I expected only heavy stuff but I'm so glad the album has some softer songs as well. There's so much variety

Edited by Ozileras10

First thoughts:

best nu track is 2. That fucking Aie riff with the prog elements are the shit. The vocalist really goes all out on this one, and the best stuff he does is usually fairly subtle, like how he alters the tone of the whisper and the incomprehensible screaming from song to song. 

the worst are 7 and 10. The first is almost a nokubura song ( probably intended for lives ) and the 10 just a snoozer 'cause it lacked the cool progressive elements they did before, so it doesn't really surprise at any point, just lulls ahead. 

4 and 8 are so over the top they're good, especially the latter. it shows that they're still not that far gone from their early output, even if it now contains more superior songwriting elements and straight up experimentation with computer efx and all that other shit. 

the tracks that were released before are still awesome, and almost kind of surprisingly I think they're at their strongest with tracks like Vanitas and GROTESQUE where it's not _all that_ stupid heavy without getting rid of the elements and techniques. That long scream in Vanitas is still incredible 

What I think pretty much everyone wanted without getting was that long song, but I think the pre-released tracks and GROTESQUE and the last track are kind of already that, except shorter. None of them is formulaic by any means and have a lot of cool stuff in them that a band like say, DIR EN GREY would never have in a track they'd put out as a single. You know it's probably a matter of time before they churn out that 10 minute epic, it's just a matter of them disbanding before that 'cause one of the members impregnated a member of the royal family or something. 

this album is serving para:noir/d.i.d. worship act even harder than w/e they recorded with issei tbh.

they have such a weird penchant for over-elongated intros given the average to short track length they went with.

the sreeching thing overuses his baby voice gimmick on too many songs.

their SE work is just lame.

I liked grotesque and d. hymnus, but this album made me miss akane even harder, they barely filled his niche in the scene.

I need to say this, but I'm disappointed...
I loved VARIOUS and THE SILENT SONG [all four songs were amazing <3].

Issei compositions made this band unique, and I was worried how they will sound without him.
vanitas is probably the best, but not as good like アハレワタor 「初潮」(songs with PV's).

Unfortunately for me this album has two boring intros and so many average songs...

I'm sorry.

33 minutes ago, Disposable said:

it's just a matter of them disbanding before that 'cause one of the members impregnated a member of the royal family or something.

can you like not curse them so soon

the album is pretty amazing, but i wish they didn't drop aizou ni tsuki bc that was the best track on the album n i just compared everything else to it (ofc nothing came close)