-NOVA-

DIMLIM Concept Full Album CHE DO A RA

HOLY SHIT. That is by far the best song i've heard in a long time coming from a vk band. That is some god tier DIR EN GREY level they've climbed up to here.

Fantastic. If the rest of the album matches the quality of the three songs released so far, this could be top 10 vk albums of the decade. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

tumblr_o15y2jiJrT1s00daco1_400.gif

When shit like Nokubura and Jiluka makes you think that all metalcore vk can ever aspire to be is shoe-in melodic choruses and rapping verses, there comes out stuff like DIMLIM's last three songs that are a mix of artkei™ guitar shit, Dir en grey influence ( the good parts ) and their completely overblown early style and the technical finesse with it. I love it. Album of the year coming up 

Jesus Christ ! After losing 2 members early on, they come back stronger than ever.

Just 1 more week Im hyped AF

@Yukimoto We need to go see them live again this is so good !!!!

I got moved to tears from 04:07. what are those beautiful guitar sounds???? I'm just screaming so hard. Help.  

Huge fan of DIR EN GREY but they are literally kicking DIR EN GREY's balls. lmao. Here is no Vkei band who could sound that good and be compared to DIR EN GREY.  

i'm so fucking confused about how this band seemingly just out of the blue became good for this album tho, what happened, where have they been hiding these chops all this time? and how long will it be before they sign a major deal and go full dezert on us

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

i'm so fucking confused about how this band seemingly just out of the blue became good for this album tho, what happened, where have they been hiding these chops all this time? and how long will it be before they sign a major deal and go full dezert on us

So glad they kick that issei out and let retsu to take full creative control, now their song compositions are way more creative and interesting.

Hopefully the Japanese fanbase does not drop the ball with DIMLIM. If they keep this level up, they deserve to be right up there with the bigger bands in terms of popularity. Really excited for this album.

They're having an instore at Tower Records Shibuya (talk + CD jacket signing) and a oneman at Chelsea Hotel on September 24th.

The oneman is free to those who bring a copy of the album. Tickets will be shuffled and distributed  in front of the venue on the day of.

They had a free instore at Shibuya Zeal Link on Saturday as well. I think they're taking good steps to promote themselves.

Haven't been this hyped for a release in a really long while. It's downright ridiculous how much they evolved in such a short timespan. Specially Sho, his early vocals were cringy af but now he's definitely one of the best vocalists from the current j-scene (I'm still not really a fan of all that inhaling since it's a quick trip to a wrecked voice but I can't deny he does it pretty well). As instrumentist they all had the technical chops since the beginning but good god the songwriting was laughable (though I'm aware Issei was their main composer before he left the band). It's pretty cool how they went from "this is so bad it's good" in Aharewata to "this is actually pretty cool" in Vanitas to "OMFG THIS IS AMAZING" in Shigarami. I still haven't really absorbed Aijou no Tsuki really well but that doesn't diminish my enthusiasm for the upcoming album.