TheZigzagoon

What have you got your special someone for Valentines Day?

Thought this might be a fun topic to have around! I'll start!

My girlfriend was telling me how when she was a kid she'd go to her friends house and spend hours playing Super Monkey Ball and Scooby Doo with her on PS2, and how she wishes she could play the games again for the nostalgic effect. So, for Valentines Day (and without her knowledge of it) I've bought her a limited edition slim PS2 in pink, an extra pink controller, 2 128MB memory cards, a PS2 to HDMI cable extension, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, Super Monkey Ball Adventure, Scooby Doo, and Okami since she really likes Okami too :)

What will you give to your special someone, or what do you have in mind? :)

We don't usually give presents on valentine's because any time is a good time to give something nice. We either go out to a restaurant or one of us will cook dinner. This year since we're both working a lot before and after the date, I think we'll just be going out to eat (And that for me is the best gift ever lol) 

2 hours ago, platy said:

We don't usually give presents on valentine's because any time is a good time to give something nice. We either go out to a restaurant or one of us will cook dinner. This year since we're both working a lot before and after the date, I think we'll just be going out to eat (And that for me is the best gift ever lol) 

That sounds really nice! I hope you both enjoy! :)

I have to deal with us living half a country apart temporarily, but I'm currently working on having flowers/cupcakes delivered.

Such a romantic they say lol.

I just hope the delivery service doesn't screw me over since I have no way of verifying until the day of.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

I have to deal with us living half a country apart temporarily, but I'm currently working on having flowers/cupcakes delivered.

I just hope the delivery service doesn't screw me over since I have no way of verifying until the day of.

That's super cute! I do hope that the postal service don't mess that up for you!

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

I'm in a similar (yet much bigger) boat, where my girlfriend lives on the other side of the world. So now I have to figure out what's shippable to another country and won't get destroyed. I think I'm going to make my own chocolates and I've got a batch of pumpkin cookies with her name on them (not literally ... I'm not that talented and who wants to eat their own name?).

38 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

I'm in a similar (yet much bigger) boat, where my girlfriend lives on the other side of the world. So now I have to figure out what's shippable to another country and won't get destroyed. I think I'm going to make my own chocolates and I've got a batch of pumpkin cookies with her name on them (not literally ... I'm not that talented and who wants to eat their own name?).

This might sound dumb, but trust me when I say: have more than one option.

Make your chocolates and cookies, and then have a backup set ordered at a shop where she is, that is, if you can manage to find a place nearby where she currently resides. It will help in the event that your gift doesn't make it on time, or at all lol. Having too many gifts is better than none at all right?

Shipping will kill us no shit, but I think its a small price to pay as we don't have that many options to begin with hehe.

Unless you are broke then nvm lol

15 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

I'm saving money to see her in march

Don't remind me haha I gotta fly over to see them 3 times this year.

My poor wallet :tw_cry:.

30 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Shipping will kill us no shit

This. I think it's smarter to try to order something from a shop close to her place and have it delivered.

Also, if you are shipping food abroad, research first and make sure customs will let it go through.

9 minutes ago, Biopanda said:

My hand and I are going to enjoy some fancy wine and chocolates :tw_heart::tw_heart::tw_heart:

Ohh yes, fancy wine, why didn't I think of that.

That's my new plan too.

Edited by Komorebi

4 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

This might sound dumb, but trust me when I say: have more than one option.

Make your chocolates and cookies, and then have a backup set ordered at a shop where she is, that is, if you can manage to find a place nearby where she currently resides. It will help in the event that your gift doesn't make it on time, or at all lol. Having too many gifts is better than none at all right?

Shipping will kill us no shit, but I think its a small price to pay as we don't have that many options to begin with hehe.

Unless you are broke then nvm lol

I am super broke as I just lost my job recently AND she lives in a country where I don't speak the language, so I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope it all arrives fine because I think I'd royally screw up ordering anything and shipping it to her from her native country.

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

This. I think it's smarter to try to order something from a shop close to her place and have it delivered.

Also, if you are shipping food abroad, research first and make sure customs will let it go through.

She sent me a giant box full of goodies from her country before christmas and it arrived fine, but none of it was home-made (not that it should matter?) So I think I might be in the clear, but I honestly have no clue.

On 22/01/2018 at 6:00 AM, The Moon said:

tide pods

On 22/01/2018 at 6:15 PM, Biopanda said:

My hand and I are going to enjoy some fancy wine and chocolates :tw_heart::tw_heart::tw_heart:

You two have just given me a plan for the valentine's day.