JimHarper

Good evening everyone :)

Hello all!

My name is Jim Harper. I'm in the UK right now but will be relocating to Japan later this year. I've been a fan of various visual kei bands for a while now. My 'gateway drug' was actually Zilch; I knew an English bass player who told me he'd recorded a great album with a fantastic Japanese guitarist and said I should check it out. I did, and I loved it, so I checked out hide's 'day job' and discovered I liked X-Japan too, and it all went from there. If I had to list a top ten VK bands, it would consist of (no particular order): X-Japan (plus hide solo and Zilch), Buck-Tick, D'erlanger, Dead End, The Gazette, D'espairsRay, Girugamesh, LM.C, Mucc and Vamps. I've been able to see six of them live, which has been a wonderful experience (just got X-Japan, Dead End, D'erlanger and The Gazette to go!). There's also a lot of Japanese goth/industrial etc that I love too. Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all and discovering some new music!

All the best,

Jim.

Thank you! And I share your sadness over the death of Chu Ishikawa. Losing both Ishikawa and Ken Morioka in 18 months was a very hard blow.