xriko

What about DIR EN GREY - CONCEIVED SORROW(DEMO Ver.)

Hello everybody

I've just heard for the first time this version of CONCEIVED SORROW by Dir en grey.

demo/プリプロ (pre-prod)

Does anyone have some information about it ?

Where does it come from, date ?

Thanks.

@Seelentau  i tagged you since you seem informed about DEG

I remember sometime before the album came out, roughly late 2006 I would say, that there had been a of leak of 4-5 songs in pre-production quality through some form of security breach in their internal servers. Apparently only a small handful of people got their hands on it though, and I never did, so I can't say for certain and it was over ten years ago, but those are my recollections of what I heard at the time. I know that @Furik was around at Batsu at the same time so maybe he remembers something about it too? 

30 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

I remember sometime before the album came out, roughly late 2006 I would say, that there had been a of leak of 4-5 songs in pre-production quality through some form of security breach in their internal servers. Apparently only a small handful of people got their hands on it though, and I never did, so I can't say for certain and it was over ten years ago, but those are my recollections of what I heard at the time. I know that @Furik was around at Batsu at the same time so maybe he remembers something about it too? 

Wow this is cool come on help us out @Furik and lj vets.

This was around the time when Agitated Screams of Maggots was going around under just MAGGOTS, right? I vaguely recall The Fatal Believer being a part of this stuff as well, but I may be wrong

Yup, allegedly, the full working titles list is this:

• nemuri no mayoi
  • CLEVER SLEAZOID
  • MAGGOT
  • THE FATAL BELIEVER
  • bodaijyu
  • DOPING ZONE
  • ryoujoku no ame
  • GOVERNMENT PIG
  • LI DE RA
  • NEVER DIE
  • SPIRAL SPIRIT
  • TO THE END OF SCREAM

But I never found any confirmation. :/

Edited by Seelentau

33 minutes ago, Seelentau said:
  • 眠リノ迷イ
  • CLEVER SLEAZOID
  • MAGGOT
  • THE FATAL BELIEVER
  • 菩提樹
  • DOPING ZONE
  • 凌辱の雨
  • GOVERNMENT PIG
  • LI DE RA
  • NEVER DIE
  • SPIRAL SPIRIT
  • TO THE END OF SCREAM

I recognise TO THE END OF SCREAM, IIRC that was also on a false DSS tracklist before the official one was revealed.

but omg... DOPING ZONE and GOVERNMENT PIG, and LI DE RA what the fuck 🤦‍♂️

Those titles popped up on 2ch around the time those aforementioned leaks were in talks (August 2006)

http://mimizun.com/log/2ch/visualb/1155087647/

You could guess already some final titles there since parts of those titles can be found or somehow deducted from their final lyrics. I am quite surprised that they still insisted on starting out with Conceived Sorrow. "Bodaijyu" (meaning "Linden" in Japanese) on the other hand could relate to Namamekashiki's demo version with Shinya's poetry instead of Kyo's rendition, and so on.

By reading some of those comments back then, I might as well believe those are legit.

The YouTube video is legit. Several songs still in their demo forms leaked around the same time the band was touring the US and Hot Topic was selling the zombie pirate t-shirt and their Warcon albums in 2006. Conceived Sorrow and The Fatal Believer were two that I remember leaked. 

I have a backup thumbdrive somewhere that has all the demos. 

I also have a backup CD that has Vulgar demos too. 

I’ve moved so many times that I’ve probably lost them somewhere. HOWEVER Im pretty sure I posted about TMOAB demos and rumors on my LJ. 

Im going to log in and see what all I can find and I’ll post back. 

I have some of the aformentioned songs above leaked in 2006, but they sound more like bootleg. I'll have to go check them when I get home. Probably they're not the demos you guys are talking about.

7 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I need this so badly.

The title DOPING ZONE kinda sounds like DOZING GREEN.

Edit: VULGAR demos? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFJWANHbFJKFJNfFDM<FMAALCNs⌂L5@54◘4ã8ÞF¼J«↔¨////

This is quite legit considering that Dozing Green's Before construction version was timed around the time TMOAB was on its way. It would be naive to buy into DG being a full product of another post-TMOAB session. They already had a song to work and to improve on when they got back to (re)record it.

Are these VULGAR demos related to some of those snippets we've heard on Diru's Masters of Rock (?) special w/ VULGAR recordings? There's a YT video where they demoed a few things and showed how Sajou no Uta for instance was composed.

4 hours ago, nostalgia said:

I have some of the aformentioned songs above leaked in 2006, but they sound more like bootleg. I'll have to go check them when I get home. Probably they're not the demos you guys are talking about.

there were live recordings of conceived sorrow, the fatal believer and stuck man (or was it red soil? I don't remember now) shared well ahead of album release, but the demo here sounds like something else (unless a deranged stan took the live record and plastered a logic pro drum machine on top of it.)

Oh right. I don't have any of the demos.

Spoiler

Dir en grey - 24個シリンダー (Live)
Dir en grey - 304号室、白死の桜 (Live)
DIR EN GREY - BUGABOO (A Capella)
Dir en grey - Cage
Dir en grey - GARDEN (Hi-SPEED Version)
DIR EN GREY - GLASS SKIN (Instrumental)
Dir en grey - MAGGOT
Dir en grey - raison detre
Dir en grey - Sea of retards
Dir en grey - THE FATAL BELIEVER
Dir en grey - umbrella (Live)
Dir en grey - Unknown…Despair…a Lost (Live)
Dir en grey - ネヴァーダイ
Dir en grey - みかんのうた (SEX MACHINEGUNSカバー)
Dir en grey - 予感 (Instrumental)
Dir en grey - 予感 (Music Box)
Dir en grey - 刹那
Dir en grey - 残‐ZAN‐
Dir en grey - 眠りの迷い
Dir en grey - 菩提樹
Dir en grey - 藍紫色
Dir en grey - 鬼眼-kigan- (Live)

7 hours ago, Alroy said:

Are these VULGAR demos related to some of those snippets we've heard on Diru's Masters of Rock (?) special w/ VULGAR recordings? There's a YT video where they demoed a few things and showed how Sajou no Uta for instance was composed.

I don’t think they were televised like on the special when they were mastering Sanjou no Uta. 

These demos were from a radio program that I think one of the members was a guest on and played some of the unfinished tracks. 

Ill see if I can find them later this weekend when I’m not at work. 

1 hour ago, Furik said:

I don’t think they were televised like on the special when they were mastering Sanjou no Uta. 

These demos were from a radio program that I think one of the members was a guest on and played some of the unfinished tracks. 

Ill see if I can find them later this weekend when I’m not at work. 

This is the video set I referred to. Sajou prototype riff is being played near the end of the first video.

Edited by Alroy

Apparently, some of those names are from the family values tour website. I can't find that website, though

Apparently, DISABLED COMPLEXES was called 三号機め at some point...?

And, from a Western forum...:

Spoiler

NiwTtg9.png

yeah sure, through email...

So basically, some working titles leaked from the FVT website and were reused for fake UROBOROS and DSS tracklists... huh.

Edited by Seelentau

On 1/19/2018 at 11:30 AM, nostalgia said:

Oh right. I don't have any of the demos.

Reveal hidden contents

Dir en grey - 24個シリンダー (Live)
Dir en grey - 304号室、白死の桜 (Live)
DIR EN GREY - BUGABOO (A Capella)
Dir en grey - Cage
Dir en grey - GARDEN (Hi-SPEED Version)
DIR EN GREY - GLASS SKIN (Instrumental)
Dir en grey - MAGGOT
Dir en grey - raison detre
Dir en grey - Sea of retards
Dir en grey - THE FATAL BELIEVER
Dir en grey - umbrella (Live)
Dir en grey - Unknown…Despair…a Lost (Live)
Dir en grey - ネヴァーダイ
Dir en grey - みかんのうた (SEX MACHINEGUNSカバー)
Dir en grey - 予感 (Instrumental)
Dir en grey - 予感 (Music Box)
Dir en grey - 刹那
Dir en grey - 残‐ZAN‐
Dir en grey - 眠りの迷い
Dir en grey - 菩提樹
Dir en grey - 藍紫色
Dir en grey - 鬼眼-kigan- (Live)

I finally got around to double-checking this, so for those who care:

MAGGOT, 眠りの迷い, THE FATAL BELIEVER, 菩提樹, ネヴァーダイ are from the August 1, 2006 concert.

刹那 and 残‐ZAN‐ are from the May 31, 1997 concert. I think they're from the cassette rip, as opposed to the more common rip you can find on YouTube.

藍紫色 is from the October 28, 1997 concert.
raison detre and Unknown... are from the October 30, 1997 concert, the latter was actually still called 刹那 at that time.
No clue where exactly Cage is from, but it's a live arrange version that was performed on the tour 2000>>20001 macabre.

As for the rest, some are fake tracks, the others are live tracks from official releases, I think.