On 1/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, VkBrutaliaN said:

@Mamolistend to FIXER's "ARBITER" maxi single now and gotta say it was pretty good (as i hoped from the samples) imo cuz they only released boring stuff since they joined starwave that with this new release the are like 80% back to previous form.

Awesome! Glad to hear that you liked it. And  now I'll ask you about the other band I wanted to discuss "SCAPEGOAT" they're far more established and have been going a lot longer than any of the bands that we've mentioned here so far. I think they are truly something special and maybe one of the best "visual kei" bands period of the last decade. They  seem to have been largely inspired by both "girugamesh (ギルガメッシュ)'s"  early sound 2005-2007 example "君を殺して僕も死ぬ(嘘)(Kimi o Koroshite Boku mo Shinu(Uso))":

Spoiler

as well as the sound they were using during 2012-2013 similar to "girugamesh(ギルガメッシュ)'s" 2013 album "Monster". They also seem to have incorporated "Nu metal" elements even when they're doing "electronica". You can hear this type of  sound in this song"「メイド in スパイダー。」 (maid in spider)"

Spoiler

And sometimes elements of sreamo such as in their song  "ハルカ・モノクロ (haruka monokuro)"

Spoiler

I personally think they are they best "brutal kei" band of all time they have the most unique and experimental sound they even use a lot of early 2000's elements you can hear this sound in ゴシック†ナイトメア(gothic†nightmare) an appropriate title for such an old school sounding song

Spoiler

And you can hear the early 2000's vibes even more in this song "君ノ''心臓''ニ恋シテル (Kimi no "Shinzou" ni Koishiteru)"

Spoiler

And my favorite song by them "症状3 模倣犯 (shoujou 3 mohouhan)"  it's just beautiful not heavy at all but one the best songs I've ever heard

Spoiler

Do you know them @VkBrutaliaN @patientZERO @Komorebi  @Jigsaw9  @Axius  @JamesRFuckin' love D.I.D. and put right up there with these guys btw and anyone else?  

Also this:

Edited by Mamo

@Mamoof course i know SCAPEGOAT! i already know them since their release of their very first maxi single many years ago... i also own a few CDs by 'em and i saw 'em live last year when i was in tokyo.

so in fact i enjoy them but they are such a band for me i REALLY have to be in the mood for them and with quite a few songs of theirs i feel like something is lacking for me to full enjoyment which is the reason why i only buy very few of their releases and not every single one...

how dare you forget Aikaryu 

Spoiler

His growls are airy but he has the best deathcore style screams before NB and Deviloof fraud ass. Death thrash For the win followed by The piass.

they don't get the credit they deserve because teru joined flop ass versallies. but juputer has put out some decent melodic death now thanks to teru awesome compositions

Spoiler

This is why "brutal" VK will be nothing but a joke because term users skip the bands with real elements and mention bands that are nullified by the likes of Paradeis and Aicle on their psychotic days :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:. Word to @fitear1590

Spoiler

Someone mentioned Re:dis and yes this song actually counts. It's count you blessing level with nasty grindcore vocals

Spoiler

Honorable mentions 

mejibray - Gaichuu, Apocalypse tsu is the the best at death/slam vocals. 

Spoiler

and the only nu metal that should be mentioned is screw's 

Spoiler

Anyway the brutalist moment in vk belongs to the piass' black=right @4:43 was pure :tw_bawling: deathpunk FTW

Spoiler

how you say Qeddeshet is too american and nothing vk when you listen to devilloof? the hypocrisy is strong. Also replace one so called "brutal" VK band with another and you won't be able to the difference  :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy: +1 for Qeddeshet. 

Edited by blackdoll

34 minutes ago, blackdoll said:

and the only nu metal that should be mentioned is screw's 

If you're going to mention "SCREW"  don't forget their best song:

Spoiler

Also:

Spoiler

Edited by Mamo

31 minutes ago, Mamo said:

If you're going to mention "SCREW"  don't forget their best song:

Hide contents

Also:

Hide contents

those songs are weak. Good songs though 

oh yeah @Peace Heavy mk IIhipped me to these guys that i didnt know

Spoiler

and i forgot this 2 song band, the only vk black metal band i think

Spoiler

Edited by blackdoll

The god's アヲイ (Awoi)'s last song:

Spoiler

Also:

Spoiler

Edited by Mamo

No one has mentioned Yaminade yet? Amateurs.

(EDIT: Spoke too soon, seems like Filth_y knows what's up. Props.)

On a more serious note, I feel like the term is getting so wide in this thread that almost any heavy band could qualify.

In my mind Brutal Kei™ was always simple, hard-hitting, nu metal based VK from the mid-2000s. Since1889s track HERO is the archetypical Brutal Kei™ tune in my mind. At least I don't associate modern Deathcore acts like Nocturnal Bloodlust etc. with the term at all. 

VIRULENT are one of the best:

Spoiler

Also DISGUST:

Spoiler

Edited by Mamo

QEDDESHET who I'm declaring the new kings of "brutal kei" have released 2 new songs:

Spoiler

Omg guys haha, mentioning GREGORY, SINCE1889 and THE MAD SIMPSON brought so much memories. I remember blasting GREGORY in my car after work in 2010 lol. Love the thread! I also checked DictavE yesterday, it's nice (I saw your status). I love Nocturnal Bloodlust ofc, and DEVILOOF, as well as JILUKA. Hearing DEVILOOF's ruin surprised me, hearing a whole song with no clean vocals. Brought me back to my Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Arch enemy days haha. I feel like I will love this thread! Thanks :)

Edited by Alsdead14

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, Mamo said:

QEDDESHET who I'm declaring the new kings of "brutal kei" have released 2 new songs:

Hide contents

Wait were they always this weak? or is that shitty low screaming throwing me off? they seem more vk in those. 

Mejibray has the crown now with their off brand deathmetal have no idea why he didnt use his pig and gutturals though 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, blackdoll said:

Mejibray has the crown now with their off brand deathmetal have no idea why he didnt use his pig and gutturals though 

Baby crossing can also be mentioned, 

Spoiler

Although I wouldn't label 欲槽 or any of Mejibray's songs "death metal"  but Genki/whatever he went by in Mejibray is definitely one of the best at utilizing death vocals and pig squeals and strange guttural. At times they could seem like one of the most brutal but at other times weaker than an anorexic body builder. As far as bands with larger discographies go they were relatively heavy but not enough to warrant calling them more brutal than say Xodiack or Re:dis or even SINCE1889. But if they put more effort into the heavy  side of their sound then maybe. But as far as what they gave us... no absolutely not getting the crown in my book. And QEDDESHET songs including their two latest ones, are far heavier than anything Mejibray ever released imho.

Edited by Mamo

And I don't know why or how the fuck I keep forgetting to mention UnsraW.:arg: One of the greatest of all time.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Mamo said:

And I don't know why or how the fuck I keep forgetting to mention UnsraW.:arg: One of the greatest of all time.

Reveal hidden contents

Gotta love Unsraw <3 I know the singer started Doak then disband then went solo? I miss his voice really. After Unsraw, I heard like maybe 1 or 2 songs from him then nothing...

On another note, I saw someone mentionning -OZ-. gosh I miss them too, they were one of my favorite, I know they don't scream all the time, but still, they were very good and I haven't heard anything about them since then.

Edited by Alsdead14

I feel like the young CodeRebirth marked a turning point in VK when Katsuya and co. made a name for themselves as probably the most metalcore kids in the scene

And further cemented his sound with his solo project

On 09/03/2018 at 8:00 AM, VkBrutaliaN said:

NO Brutal kei without mentioning XALTEA! super amazing band although unfortunately way too short-lived... >.>

loved them, and little known fact - XALTEA's drummer is actually Zyean from JILUKA

21 hours ago, Mamo said:

Baby crossing can also be mentioned, 

Reveal hidden contents

Although I wouldn't label 欲槽 or any of Mejibray's songs "death metal"  but Genki/whatever he went by in Mejibray is definitely one of the best at utilizing death vocals and pig squeals and strange guttural. At times they could seem like one of the most brutal but at other times weaker than an anorexic body builder. As far as bands with larger discographies go they were relatively heavy but not enough to warrant calling them more brutal than say Xodiack or Re:dis or even SINCE1889. But if they put more effort into the heavy  side of their sound then maybe. But as far as what they gave us... no absolutely not getting the crown in my book. And QEDDESHET songs including their two latest ones, are far heavier than anything Mejibray ever released imho.

thats why i said "off brand." Cause they wanted to go  slow deathmetal 

Spoiler

but they chicken out cause that wouldnt be kawaii and would scare their fans off. Probably why he didnt use his pig and gutterals and instead those whisper growls. And i already brought up baby crossing as an honorable mention. but since you said "new" i choose that track. and Meji didn't officially disband.  xodiack had Kiryu to kage and the new holocaust but they werent serious plus it hard to take eros's growls seriously. since1889 was weak but cool. Re:dis  only had one song (the one i posted before) and the rest was typical vk rock or under they kawaii factor. And As for the crown, a king doesnt flex all the time, just need to let his subject know what he can do. 欲槽 has backbone to it's heaviness, shit all of mejibray's ACTUAL heavy moments do. QEDDESHET doesn't it's just hanging up their with the riffage but nothing there to bust something open. 

11 hours ago, blackdoll said:

欲槽 has backbone to it's heaviness, shit all of mejibray's ACTUAL heavy moments do. QEDDESHET doesn't it's just hanging up their with the riffage but nothing there to bust something open. 

I simply can't agree QEDDESHET uses real blast beats and grindcore techniques, as well as pig squeals and insane gutturals. They're legit brutal and Mejibray are only semi-heavy. Also you're sort of being hypocritical because you say

11 hours ago, blackdoll said:

Probably why he didnt use his pig and gutterals and instead those whisper growls.

But in fact  QEDDESHET do actually use these vocal techniques, as well as blast beats and way heavier riffage and by that token they would be far heavier by default even without mentioning all of the other instrumental factors . As I said it's like legit western brutal vs vk semi-brutal on Mejibray's part. imo

Edit: Also I never said Mejibray disbanded, not that it matters lol

Edited by Mamo

On 3/12/2018 at 8:39 AM, helcchi said:

I feel like the young CodeRebirth marked a turning point in VK when Katsuya and co. made a name for themselves as probably the most metalcore kids in the scene

Spoiler

And further cemented his sound with his solo project

Spoiler

loved them, and little known fact - XALTEA's drummer is actually Zyean from JILUKA

When it comes to  metalcore vk bands GHOSE and JILUKA who was already mentioned.

GHOSE

Spoiler

JILUKA

Spoiler

Edited by Mamo

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Mamo said:

1. I simply can't agree QEDDESHET uses real blast beats and grindcore techniques, as well as pig squeals and insane gutturals. They're legit brutal and Mejibray are only semi-heavy.

2. Also you're sort of being hypocritical because you say

3. But in fact  QEDDESHET do actually use these vocal techniques, as well as blast beats and way heavier riffage and by that token they would be far heavier by default even without mentioning all of the other instrumental factors . As I said it's like legit western brutal vs vk semi-brutal on Mejibray's part. imo

4. Edit: Also I never said Mejibray disbanded, not that it matters lol

1. So that's what makes something brutal for you? Wow such high standard.
  2. Ahhh no, i clearly said "riffage." Vocals are irrelevant here
  3. his low screams are weak, and  again his vocal techniques are in relevant ass he is below average. You making it seem like he (Q's vocalist) is her 
    Spoiler

a technique doesn't equal brutal. You have to have power/intent. For the record that is expample of brutal vocals making up for a weak instrumental something that will probably happen in vk or metalcore because the vocalists aren't that good. And Q's blast beat VS Mejibrays heavy ass backboned riffage, Q looses. Q has tech but no power. Maybe if they dropped the guitars more or added more bass or something cause it's basically girugamesh doing another genre.

4. did i say you did? That was just apart of the explanation for "new" and not reposting baby crossing

Anyway im done, i let my new refound harder love for mejibray get me into a debate with a VK.......... 

BtW since your posting Unsraw weak ass. His female vocals > Yuki's crappy growls and scream. The riffage is the same level. Might as well give Glamm Grammar before i leave since they body most of the bands posted here. 

Spoiler

Edited by blackdoll

9 hours ago, blackdoll said:

So that's what makes something brutal for you? Wow such high standard.

A band that sounds more like Job for a cowboy, OCEANO, Behemoth, Vomit Remnants  and less like "Avenged Seven fold" lol I wouldn't call it a high standard Mejibray just aren't brutal. Most vk bands truly aren't  brutal but many come far closer than Mejibray who aren't  even on the spectrum.

By the way your standards are super high too. "Hey Mejibray has that one song where they growl and use heavy guitar riffs. #wow_soooo_br00tal"

The irony that you're calling into question my standards when you're the one defending Mejibray LMAO 

Ahhh no, i clearly said "riffage." Vocals are irrelevant here

No I meant you're being hypocritical  because the same techniques you say Mejibray  could use to be more brutal, are the ones QEDDESHET actually  uses. Get it? And no you actually said

Probably why he didnt use his pig and gutterals and instead those whisper growls.

Which was what I was responding  to and I even had this same quote right there.

his low screams are weak, and  again his vocal techniques are in relevant ass he is below average. You making it seem like he (Q's vocalist) is her 

Still FARRRRRRR superior  to the vocals in Mejibray, harsh that is.

a technique doesn't equal brutal. You have to have power/intent. For the record that is expample of brutal vocals making up for a weak instrumental something that will probably happen in vk or metalcore because the vocalists aren't that good. And Q's blast beat VS Mejibrays heavy ass backboned riffage, Q looses. Q has tech but no power. Maybe if they dropped the guitars more or added more bass or something cause it's basically girugamesh doing another genre

Lol correct a technique  doesn't  equal brutal that's why Mejibray  shouldn't  even be in this conversation because  the majority  of the time they don't  even do metal lol Also QEDDESHET's instrumentals or anything  else aren't  weak but lots of things about Mejibray  are such as singing and playing rock and not deathgrind for starters.

did i say you did? That was just apart of the explanation for "new" and not reposting baby crossing

On 3/12/2018 at 8:05 PM, blackdoll said:

and Meji didn't officially disband

Yeah you did actually and I said it didn't  matter  but since you're calling  me out on it there ya go.

Anyway im done, i let my new refound harder love for mejibray get me into a debate with a VK.......... 

BtW since your posting Unsraw weak ass. His female vocals > Yuki's crappy growls and scream. The riffage is the same level. Might as well give Glamm Grammar before i leave since they body most of the bands posted here. 

Or how about I just mention Meji since their on an even less level of "br00tal" than UnsraW LMAO At least UnsraW was consistently doing METAL.

VK.......... let me finish that for you, vet of the last 10 years. Listening since 2008. And listener of real Brutal music both Western and Japanese since the mid 90s.

I don't  know if you're  serious with this or not but I shouldn't need to remind you that QEDDESHET are consistently heavy and whether you agree or not they are WAY heavier than Mejibray in every way.  I hope you really are done because I  really am lol I'm  beginning  to feel trolled because these bands legit aren't  even comparable  in terms of brutalness.

I'll  do a band battle and put it to a poll on who is more brutal if I have to lol because  this is just silly. 

Edited by Mamo