They've been mentioned here in passing, but gonna link this here anyway: vastly underrated and terribly short-lived, r.i.p.

Spoiler

This is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

edit: Oh lord, their OHP is still up. What a blast from the past. :'D

Edited by Jigsaw9

Im sorry no one mentioned born??? I think they count

As well as dio distraught overlord

Edited by Axius

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

They've been mentioned here in passing, but gonna link this here anyway: vastly underrated and terribly short-lived, r.i.p.

Hide contents

This is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

edit: Oh lord, their OHP is still up. What a blast from the past. :'D

DAMN back when i found out about GREGORY they were absolutely phenomenal in terms of heaviness! 8D

@Jigsaw9 The vocalist was really good but the rest of the band was rather mediocre. I wish the vocalist would have continued though.

On 1/19/2018 at 4:45 PM, Alroy said:

How could you guys...

I think they're pretty good actually and they're the only vk BAND I know of on "Metallum" https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Qeddeshet/3540431115

Also their latest EP "COCYTUS" is on Spotify:  

Edited by Mamo

to keep this topic rolling what are some styles you would love seeing brutal kei bands starting to incorporate within their music?

like black metal/doom metal/grindcore or whatever?

since i am a huge sucker for everything "...core" i'd love to see some bands using some downtempo/beatdown elements within their music... there are only a very few rare occasions with bands using such elements but like for example the beginning of DEVILOOF's song "M.F.JAP" is total beatdown gloriousness...

although in case there would be more bands using downtempo/beatdown elements i don't even wanna think about all those cute dressed up girls doing hardoce/slamdancing just in case.

its already total ridiculous within none Vk...

@VkBrutaliaN Check out the above band. An to answer your question, I would like to see some "black metal" and more  "Dark ambient" stuff. I think I once heard mention of a vk band doing "noisecore"?

Edited by Mamo

when i heard of the band QEDDESHET forming and there band concept even before they released the first listenable sample i was pretty excited but the excitement faded away pretty fast...

imo they sound totall uninspired and boring... 

also one very big gripe i have with them is that nothing about their sound says "Vk" to me...

take american band X and replace them with QEDDESHET and you won't hear/notice any difference...

18 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

take american band X and replace them with QEDDESHET and you won't hear/notice any difference...

These guys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(American_band) you being sarcastic?

Anyway I like them alright but I don't think they're the greatest thing ever or anything. They sound more like a real western "death metal" band.

Edited by Mamo

^ according to what they claim themself (and also from what it sounds to me) they play "deathgrind"...

also if you like them thats cool - no offense!^^ there's nothing being more diverse than musical tastes!

and with american band "X" ~ WTF!? i just meant X in sense of a place holder and not knowing that there is an american band actually called simply X for real... XD

9 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

^ according to what they claim themself (and also from what it sounds to me) they play "deathgrind"...

also if you like them thats cool - no offense!^^ there's nothing being more diverse than musical tastes!

and with american band "X" ~ WTF!? i just meant X in sense of a place holder and not knowing that there is an american band actually called simply X for real... XD

Perhaps you could classify their sound as "deathgrind" lol And sorry I thought you literally meant "X" the band lol  And yeah no problem to each their own I'm not offend if don't like them.

@Mamowell to keep it very short the best bands imo *cuz i just love them to death* are DictavE, DIMLIM and DEVILOOF of course.

gotta love the "D's" hehe

Edited by VkBrutaliaN

10 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

@Mamowell to keep it very short the best bands imo *cuz i just love them to death* are DictavE, DIMLIM and DEVILOOF of course.

gotta love the "D's" hehe

I agree but I would also add FIXER and DiSPiИA to that list as well.

there would be tons of bands to add to the list ;D

but yeah DiSPiИA definitely about FIXER haven't heard their latest single yet since no one uploaded it to youtube so i can't tell yet if their new maxi single is again a brutal kei worthy release ~XD

36 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

there would be tons of bands to add to the list ;D

but yeah DiSPiИA definitely about FIXER haven't heard their latest single yet since no one uploaded it to youtube so i can't tell yet if their new maxi single is again a brutal kei worthy release ~XD

Yeah actually it was uploaded to YouTube by FIXER themselves none the less lol In fact I already shared that with you here in an earlier post:

Edit: Anyway I'll just go ahead and post the playlist for the "Fixer-topic" on yt for everyone on this topic to hear  too.

@VkBrutaliaN Please let me know your thoughts on the single once you've listened, and same to everyone else

Edit 2: And I have another awesome band I want to discuss next if you're familiar with them. I'll save that for another time though:

Edited by Mamo

21 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

when i try to watch the FIXER videos it just says "the video isn't available..." so can't listen to it unfortunately...

Oh sorry it must not be available in your country.

It would be a shame not to mention SAVAGE a.k.a. DEPAIN ! These guys are insane live! I wish more of people would know about them! It's difficult to feel them if you haven't seen them live.  I didn't liked their music that much before but when i saw them performing i sold myself to them. lol

Spoiler

16 hours ago, appl- said:

It would be a shame not to mention SAVAGE a.k.a. DEPAIN ! These guys are insane live! I wish more of people would know about them! It's difficult to feel them if you haven't seen them live.  I didn't liked their music that much before but when i saw them performing i sold myself to them. lol

Reveal hidden contents

I love them myself I voted 冷血な子守唄 (Reiketsu na Komori Uta) (罰盤 (Batsu-ban)) & (罪盤 (Tsumi-ban)) for best single on the MH Jrock Awards.

16 hours ago, appl- said:

Reveal hidden contents

Same. They are really good live!

@Mamolistend to FIXER's "ARBITER" maxi single now and gotta say it was pretty good (as i hoped from the samples) imo cuz they only released boring stuff since they joined starwave that with this new release the are like 80% back to previous form.

It looks like the "Nu-Metal Apocalypse Revival" is in full swing on the VK scene... I mean, how many nu-metal VK bands rose to prominence in the last 5-6 years? DEZERT, Kuroyuri To Kage, DAMY, Piglow in Gloomy, Mamireta, Bless This Mess, Savage,  even NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST adopted some pretty strong influences. Funny thing is those bands' material is better than most of the drivel shoveled out by Western bands like Coal Chamber and some other third-string acts...

Anyways, enough off-topic! imo D.I.D. are the kings of brutal kei: Agressive but technical riffs, some of the harshest vocals in the scene and killer bass lines and drums

Edited by JamesR
do you even grammar, bro?