koutetsuhime

Old fan returning after some years!

Hey everyone. I'm koutetsuhime, or kou for short. I've also gone by awakenthesadist/medicalshower in the past on LJ and batsu (ohh boy blast from the past). I also ran a few communities over on Livejournal, so if you recognise me from there or batsu, heeey. It's really quite strange to come back to a fandom you used to know so well and feel so lost, so I thought I'd join this community and try to get settled back in.

So apparently I made this account way back in 2012 and never introduced myself, oops. Seems like a little while after Versailles went on hiatus, I kinda lost interest in VK, and now I'm trying to return to being somewhat involved in the VK fandom. I got super into the metal fandom for a while there, even doing concert photography and shit, but I was getting a little bored of it and somehow ended up coming back to VK. Embarrasingly enough, I think it was that terrible Finebros 'people react to VK' vid that sparked my interest again. Of all things.

I don't have many newer bands I like, but I've been obsessing over DADAROMA like crazy! And that last lynch. release was pretty awesome. (I'm totally open to band suggestions.) I'll forever continue to love Aikaryu, but I also still quite enjoy Phantasmagoria, Unsraw, Deluhi, older Versailles, really old Dir en grey, and some others. I also listen to various metal bands, BAND-MAID, aaaand... Babymetal. I really need to get back into my listening game, honestly.

A bit rambly, but yeah, that's me.

よろしく☆

Welcome back! It's always nice to see old fans return to the fandom! Just like you I returned to the fandom a couple years ago as well. (LJ and batsu sure were some good times xD) I'm sure you'll fit right in here~ Hope you enjoy your stay! ^^

22 minutes ago, Mamo said:

Welcome back! I'm sure you'll like it here.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

Welcome back! It's always nice to see old fans return to the fandom! Just like you I returned to the fandom a couple years ago as well. (LJ and batsu sure were some good times xD) I'm sure you'll fit right in here~ Hope you enjoy your stay! ^^

Ah, how cool! I agree, it's great to see others returning too. Makes me feel less awkward about it for sure xD Thank you and I hope I will too! ^^

Welcome!

Pretty obsessed with Dadaroma myself so I hope to see you over on their artist thread! :D

8 hours ago, koutetsuhime said:

Embarrasingly enough, I think it was that terrible Finebros 'people react to VK' vid that sparked my interest again.

Haha, I can relate to this actually xD