Sign in to follow this  
VESSMIER

ENCYCLOPÆDIA OBSCURA

Hey guys,

I'd really love your thoughts on this one!

Something like 12 or 13 years ago, I started to really dive into vkei and obsessively collect and listen to any band from that scene/"genre" I could get my hands on. At the time it felt so foreign, so different, nothing like anything I've ever listened to (or seen) before and that's very appealing to a teenager who's looking for his own little niche, a place to build some sort of identity from. You guys know what I'm saying, right? When you're 14, 15, 16, maybe younger, maybe older, you start assessing your place in the world by selectively adopting or rejecting certain speech, behavior, social groups, music, music scenes as communities and so forth - the individual configuration of which becomes part of your identity.

Anyway, all that's supposed to express, how important and dear to my heart vkei is, esp. that glam metal x postpunk x gothrock x poprock fusion from the late 80s to the early 00s. And since all those bands I'm talking about are really obscure to begin with and a complete enigma to the vast majority of Western Europeans, I thought it could be fun to indulge in some nostalgia and spread the love for that type of music. I live in Germany and most of my friends are pretty active in the local DIY punk scene (organizing concerts etc.), so my thought was that these people for example could actually be interested in our treasured japanese underground music scene - not only because punkrock is often a musical influence in vkei but also because I think that the general ethos is quite similar.

(TLDR;)

To make a long story short, I thought that it could be cool to create an instagram account where I would upload snippets which I consider emotionally exciting or stimulating (jeez, that sounds weird) from songs that I love.

What do you think about that idea? Would you actually be interested in something like that? I know there's plenty of youtube channels offering a shitload of full length songs but this thing could be regarded as a more dense version of that. Plus some personal thoughts from time to time. Let me know what you think!

Here's what I'm talking about: https://www.instagram.com/netherwave/

Edited by VESSMIER

Sign in to follow this