frayed

Morrigan Gt. Pitty has departed

Bloody hell, can good bands please stop having missing member drama, kthx? First Codomo Dragon with Kanagate, now this. (And, yeah, if Pitty was the main songwriter, they’re done, which would suck to the extreme.)

Not sure about MORRIGAN, but I know that PITTTY was the main composer for XIBALBA (he has a composition credit for each song in their collection album) when he was URAKEN (for what it's worth). He and Aryu co-wrote DesiregardeN. I don't know if any of that can indicate what's ahead, composition wise.

20 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

Not sure about MORRIGAN, but I know that PITTTY was the main composer for XIBALBA (he has a composition credit for each song in their collection album) when he was URAKEN (for what it's worth). He and Aryu co-wrote DesiregardeN. I don't know if any of that can indicate what's ahead, composition wise.

That's worrisome, but also an oportunity for them to develop as a band. To be fair, there are few acts so derivative as Morringan nowadays, their songs all sound the same, but they generally are good, so that's not a real issue. If Pitty is indeed the main/solo composer, they'll have to get their shit together and expand their writing (the good option) or try to mimic Pitty's style (the lame option)

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

That's worrisome, but also an oportunity for them to develop as a band. To be fair, there are few acts so derivative as Morringan nowadays, their songs all sound the same, but they generally are good, so that's not a real issue. If Pitty is indeed the main/solo composer, they'll have to get their shit together and expand their writing (the good option) or try to mimic Pitty's style (the lame option)

All true, they are reasonably experienced as a band by now, from XIBALBA to present so I hope they aren't incapable of pulling it together 

14 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

Nihit as support omg <3 i miss him 

Same this is actually a very cool and fitting situation!