Sign in to follow this  
mikazukichan

Why Hello There!

Well, it's been a while since I was active in the jrock and VK community (has it really been over 5 years?), so I'm not sure if anyone remembers me from previous communities like this, but I've been feeling the need to reconnect with the music I love and the other people who love it just as much.

Let's start with what brought me to Monochrome Heaven: youtube auto play introduced me to a bunch of new bands I hadn't heard of! Of course, I was basically living in the VK world of 5-8 years ago, so rather easy not to hear of new bands that would be of interest. Particular bands that stood out were Aiolin (violin melded beautifully with guitar? Yes please), Yusai, and Wagakki Band (not exactly VK, but somewhat in the vein of Enka-rock that Tsukasa has been playing with the last few years). There are a few others that were of interest, but I only heard one song, so not sure if I'm actually interested in them yet or not.

As for my favourite artists over the years, my introduction to VK was Dir en Grey back in 2004. I think my first song by them was Yokan (which continues to be a favourite to this day), then Raison D'etre, followed by Garden. Around the same time I was also introduced to Gackt and Malice Mizer. Yes, my experience is probably very similar to many that found VK in the late 90's to early 2000's. I moved quickly into other artists as well, including Due'le Quartz, Miyavi, Kagrra,, D, D'espairs Ray, Phantasmagoria, and Rentrer en Soi. I also listened to many other bands with varying degrees of love (sometimes a single song, sometimes whole discographies).

For my previous involvement in the VK community, I used to be very active when there was a large community on LiveJournal, which is where most people will know me from, if they know me at all. I was always happy to share music, pictures, and a good discussion on a great band. I'm hoping that in joining Monochrome Heaven, I can recapture some of the feeling from back then and contribute anew to the community as a whole.

Douzo yoroshiku onegai shimasu~ どうぞよろしくお願いします~

Sign in to follow this