Sign in to follow this  
saishuu

NoGoD bassist 華凛 (Karin) is leaving the band

NoGoD_art201710_fit_320x320.jpg

For those interested, and by that I mean the only fan they have left (me), bassist 華凛 (Karin) is leaving NoGoD after their live on April 6th at 新宿ReNY. From what I recall, he's been with the band since the beginning, making it 13 years in 2018.

From what I could gather from Google Translator lmao, he's having some physical issues and wants to do other things individually.

Source

and now I'm sad. :(

Edited by saishuu

I honestly can't imagine the band without him, although I think they'll manage. They've found a groove which works for them and they can find a suitable replacement.

9 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I honestly can't imagine the band without him, although I think they'll manage. They've found a groove which works for them and they can find a suitable replacement.

It's heartbreaking. ): I can't imagine the band without him as well. I wish them luck finding a new bassist; Karin is a beast and will definitely be missed.

I kinda feel this is it for them tbh. He might not seem as important as a vocalist but you know, some Japanese bands are really into this "bros who ride together die together" stuffs. That they won't use the band name when one of them departing and regrouped with different name instead or disband altogether.

I will see how this thing progress. This is a sad day tbh.

This sucks, generally. I hope they do continue on without him, but totally understand if they decide to not do it without him. I just hope Danchou doesn’t quit music next. 

This is a shame, I don't keep up with many bands anymore but I've always liked NoGoD

I really hope they don't decide to call it quits after this, but since he's been there since the start it wouldn't surprise me :c

57 minutes ago, Chi said:

you could say now... they are truly........NoGOD...

*waiting for Rom's incoming BLOCK*

reported

11 hours ago, LIDL said:

I kinda feel this is it for them tbh. He might not seem as important as a vocalist but you know, some Japanese bands are really into this "bros who ride together die together" stuffs. That they won't use the band name when one of them departing and regrouped with different name instead or disband altogether.

I will see how this thing progress. This is a sad day tbh.

They have a major label deal and a relatively steady career. I don't see them disbanding just to regroup with another name and start from scratch. Although it's not the same, it's not like this is the first member they lose anyway.

Edited by saishuu

Guest bassist schedule:

4/22(日) リウ(メトローム (Metronome))
5/01(火) SHINGO☆(SEX MACHINEGUNS)
5/03(木.祝) KOUSUKE(Unveil Raze)
5/04(金.祝) KOUSUKE(Unveil Raze)
5/05(土) SHINGO☆(SEX MACHINEGUNS)
5/12(土) リウ(メトローム (Metronome))
5/13(日) リウ(メトローム (Metronome))
5/14(月) リウ(メトローム (Metronome))
5/19(土) 結良(Kra)
5/20(日) 結良(Kra)
6/01(金) 結良(Kra)

o1080060714165471917.jpg?caw=800

Nice guests! :D I hope his last live was fun. And btw, you're not the only fan left on here :) I still enjoy NoGod a lot. I just didn't listen a lot to Vampire and the other releases after. But I bought their indies best selection double cds back in the days, and I still enjoy those cds :) 

7 hours ago, Alsdead14 said:

Nice guests! :D I hope his last live was fun. And btw, you're not the only fan left on here :) I still enjoy NoGod a lot. I just didn't listen a lot to Vampire and the other releases after. But I bought their indies best selection double cds back in the days, and I still enjoy those cds :) 

Heh, I bought that same indies collection too! The packaging was really good, as was the photobook.

15 hours ago, saishuu said:

Heh, I bought that same indies collection too! The packaging was really good, as was the photobook.

Yeah, the songs are so good too :) The packaging is so huge haha, it takes a lot of place compared to my other vk cds. And yeah, the photobook is awesome! Cheers :)

Sign in to follow this