suji

chariots will disband

chariots will disband after their last live on April 22.

From what I can understand, they've been looking for a new permanent member and have not been able to find one, even after repeated meetings with various guitarists. :/

DS7TDX6VAAAkEHx.jpg

I have many opinions on this. 

First of all, I think something other than Kaz’s hospitalization was happening to this Band. When they reformed their music was top notch, to me anyway. Their Shinku ni Yurameku EP was... stellar. Out of this world. And then they come with Succubus which was produced well but not a great song. And then Revenir?! It sounded like it was recorded underwater and the re-recorded tracks were worse than the originals. 

I was hoping they would take an extended break to figure out what the hell is wrong here and come back, but maybe this is for the best so Riku can try something else. 

oh...no 

I hope they all land into great new bands than.

I don't think there's a shortage of available guitarists in the scene at the moment, unless everyone they seriously considered already has arranged units for 2018 that would be announced further down the line.

3 hours ago, ShanethVarosa said:

I have many opinions on this. 

First of all, I think something other than Kaz’s hospitalization was happening to this Band. When they reformed their music was top notch, to me anyway. Their Shinku ni Yurameku EP was... stellar. Out of this world. And then they come with Succubus which was produced well but not a great song. And then Revenir?! It sounded like it was recorded underwater and the re-recorded tracks were worse than the originals. 

I was hoping they would take an extended break to figure out what the hell is wrong here and come back, but maybe this is for the best so Riku can try something else. 

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

oh...no 

I hope they all land into great new bands than.

I don't think there's a shortage of available guitarists in the scene at the moment, unless everyone they seriously considered already has arranged units for 2018 that would be announced further down the line.

• Recording quality takes a nosedive in the span of one release?
  • Possible money problems
  • No free-agent guitarist wanted to join an already semi-well-known and established band?
  • Band has a history of being inconsistent and disappearing/disbanding on a whim.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but something associated with chariots stinks to high hell. Name is stigmatic at this point. They'd be better off doing the visual thing and "disbanding", then turning around and reforming a new band with a new concept.

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

No free-agent guitarist wanted to join an already semi-well-known and established band?

they had a duel jewel guitarist playing with them for a second I mean... 

I'm fairly sure they're just fed up with each other, and see no opportunity to progress under this name, even shifting members around.

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Possible money problems

I think so too. I don't think they were doing better than, let's say, the black swan, who were on vkdb's list of top-10 most searched bands last year, and still disbanded bc. of shitty live attendance.

I'm p. sure they would've disbanded in 2018 anyway even if Kaz had no health issues.

Edited by nekkichi

kinda sad. I listened to them some months ago, after kinda forgetting about them for like, seven years, and they were good. That Revenir single, though, is really weird production-wise.

20 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

my crystal ball is kind of fuzzy, but Riku's now free and Kisaki is making a comeback, so I wonder what could possible hap-

Oh hell yeah, didn't even think about that.

Sad for the band, they had a few pretty good releases. I'm more concerned about Kaz, though. It's rare for bandmen to do this. I wonder if the band was screwing him over somehow. He does not strike me as someone who would just disapear like this.

3 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

my crystal ball is kind of fuzzy, but Riku's now free and Kisaki is making a comeback, so I wonder what could possibly hap-

Didn't they hate eachother now ?

18 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

my crystal ball is kind of fuzzy, but Riku's now free and Kisaki is making a comeback, so I wonder what could possibly hap-

we're long overdue for another Phantasmagoria best of compilation!

Although there are songs from this band that I like I always found the band lacked an identity of its own or a style that defined them musically if I can put it that way. I only like their old stuff.

Edited by seikun