The Piass

Schwartz:Mist will disband

And there I was talking with someone about this band, saying that I am expecting a lot from these guys. Oh well... too bad... 

MAN and i was hyped as shit when they formed, it feels like yesterday. can't believe they're disbanding so soon

Edited by itsukoii

1 hour ago, tetsu_sama69 said:

O0adam.gif

Come on dudes, I know this is how vk is but can the promising bands at least try to keep their shit together for a little bit?

Unfortunately it seems they can't help it.

@Zeus quoting Ryuusei (ex-暁月 (Kyogetsu))

Everyone is upset that various bands are stopping activities but I want them to realize that one of the reasons behind this is that bangya don't really go to lives and spend money

This hit a raw nerve with a lot of fans because it came on the heels of several unexpected disbandments. But this was just the tip of the iceberg. On his blog, Ryuusei went into detail about several aspects of the scene which up to now were just rumors and which come together to make life difficult for him and his band. A few of the things he mentioned (while also explicitly noting that he didn't know everything) were:

Ticket quotas as fees for live performances. Ryuusei does the math on how many tickets they need to sell to cover for the fees, which is dependent on how many fans show up to see them and that's before the band members split the money five ways.

Poor return on investment for popular vk standbys such as cheki.

Name drops the GazettE in a section about how well popular bands with a "pretty bassist" do financially. This got Reita's attention with a fiery response of his own.

Low wages paid from the indie labels.

How difficult it is for bands to recover once they are "in the red" and how close 暁月 (Kyogetsu) is to reaching that point after three years.

Asks fans to spend more money at shows, less at host clubs, and to tell him more information about salaries of other band men.

Edited by Mamo

It always feels like vk bands promote backwards. They start to book gigs as soon as they have enough songs for a set and then hope to generate enough interest in their band while slowly going broke (we all know vk ain't cheap) instead of slowly building interest in their band THEN booking shows. You see a lot of the J-metal and indie bands doing this, where they're together 3-5 years before they even put out a real album, but vk just throws everything at the wall and prays that it sticks. I really don't understand the thought process sometimes. 

Edited by doombox

On 1/6/2018 at 7:14 AM, doombox said:

It always feels like vk bands promote backwards. They start to book gigsas soon as they have enough songs for a set and then hope to generate enough interest in their band while slowly going broke (we all know vk ain't cheap) instead of slowly building interest in their band THEN booking shows. You see a lot of the J-metal and indie bands doing this, where they're together 3-5 years before they even put out a real album, but vk just throws everything at the wall and prays that it sticks. I really don't understand the thought process sometimes. 

I honestly agree with you. If you gonna have a band that sticks when it comes to the visual kei genera you need either a sht ton of money or just simply be patient but then again sometimes i don't think that's the bands fault 100% of the time sometimes they just might be under a crappy label.

Edited by doomsoul136

8 hours ago, doomsoul136 said:

I honestly agree with you. If you gonna have a band that sticks when it comes to the visual kei genera you need either a sht ton of money or just simply be patient but then again sometimes i don't think that's the bands fault 100% of the time sometimes they just might be under a crappy label.

Very true, the label pressure and demands exacerbate this whole issue.

Nya, it doesn't matter if you release songs already, (live limited own pressed releases can't be that expensive to release isn't?~ also bands earn a shitload from Cheki)
I mostly guess bands don't have the patient to gain fans. They give up way too fast. 
I even do follow non vkei bands who only have also around 10-20 fans each gig and they are around for 10+ years. 

But was this band under a label then? 

usually bands with a crappy label still do live a bit longer.