Nagisa

SE Discussion

Anyone think that the recent GazettE SEs have improved? In particular, I think they have gotten better at getting them to either flow into the next track or continue from the previous track. Maybe they weren't trying to do that in earlier albums, but I noticed that in BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY, both the intro and outro had pretty seamless transitions, and it seemed to be the same with DOGMA's intro. I also think the more recent SEs sound better but that's just my opinion. For example, even though DIM is my favorite album, I thought most of the SEs on it were pretty lackluster compared to, say, CODA (not really a fair comparison, I know). 

I definitely think they've improved a lot, but I think the style of SEs have changed as well. They used to kinda just be snippets of cool little beats at the start and end of an album, but since DIM they seem to be trying to make SEs that fit with some sort of theme with the album. I think DIM was an earnest attempt, but I agree that they feel pretty lacklustre now - especially compared to the recent albums' SEs. I also think the songwriting on DIM is really high level, and the SEs thus feel sorta slapped together at the last minute.

I actually was curious one day cuz i never listened to their first album before and downloaded it.

I agree the Ruki's vocals over time has improved and can be seen in the stacked rubbish album which led me to the band anyway.

Dont know if his been drinking more or smoking more which led his voice to be more deeper and more captivating these last few years. 

But anyway cant continue to be excited to see what Gazette has instore for us :D

Edited by kiixx