urumomo

MEJIBRAY members post-hiatus activities

He's coming in June so there's a little time to prepare something  really cool and new for us and then announce it . Better be a new band (with tzk) ,because the MEJIBRAY name seems propriety of meto and MiA,idk...

And stay tuned for the next episode of MEJIDRAMA !! oh yes

Edited by Manji 卍

11 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

Holy crap, I didn't spot one grammar mistake in his back

Yeah I was like “who the hell did you get to proof read this?!” Haha.

Come what may in June, we know at least Tsuzuku will be there. They’ve made that abundantly clear. We just have to see who else is involved. I wonder if it is a band is they’ll have revolving members like Mejibray was supposed to back in the beginning? Guess only time will tell!

After all this I've definitely realized who my favourite Meji members were lol

Here's hoping for a new band with koichi and tzk xD

Still love MiA though and would like to see him around the scene in one way or another

7 hours ago, NightFall said:

After all this I've definitely realized who my favourite Meji members were lol

Here's hoping for a new band with koichi and tzk xD

Still love MiA though and would like to see him around the scene in one way or another

I don't like MiA,but considering his skills , can't imagine a better guitarrist for Tsuzuku (to keep the same MEJIBRAY composition quality) 

10 minutes ago, Alroy said:

Did MiA write each and every Mejibray song though? Are there any songwriting credits available?

There are; it was mostly him and Tsuzuku writing the music I think. 

I'm just here being surprised that there is no ANY information about how was Meto in live singing like WTF really?? I'm REALLY curious if it was good at all or literally anything.  There wasn't a single fan who'd tell information to the world??  

Anyway tried to get infos about the live myself lol. I don't want to tell stupid things, because I can't understand the language well..but. The live itself was quite good it seems,  and Meto seemed really happy about it. Also he want to use the name Yuutarou from now on and not Meto because it belongs just to Mejibray. Also he said it's his real name. It doesn't seems like that he's planning to make / join another band, but singing sometimes again. Looks like some random sessions in the future (?).   Also here is a setlist from the concert:

2018.01.17 由太郎(メト)Birthday セトリ

HONEY
Blurry Eyes
-MC-
Driver's High
Shout at the Devil
-MC-
ホライゾン
HORIZON
Glamorous Sky
-MC-
ダメ人間 (Dame ningen) 
READY STEADY GO
HELLO

En コエガキコエルマデ (Koe ga kieru made) 

So there was some Laruku too along with Diaura and Arlequin. Just one Mejibray song. Surprised.  Also he said that he can't really sing Nokubura song, so that's why he had to skip it. 

From all of these I think he has a kind of higher voice maybe. Still hope to hear it once somehow. 

These infos are from twit reports. 

Edited by NekoHime

Whoops I meant to post this report early but forgot…

Sorry in advance for any ignorance on my part, I’m not actual a fan of Mejibray’s and just went mostly for curiosities sake. (Like, I think I can name two Mejibray songs…)

That being said, I still felt really moved by the performance.

There were nine songs for the main set and one for the encore. Most of them were L’arc-en-Ciel/Hyde songs.

I thought the encore with コエガキエルマデ  was really poetic considering the lyrics.

I would say about half of the show was actual performance and the other was talking and MCs. And it went for about two and a half hours.

As far as singing abilities go…well he seemed like he was having a lot of fun, and that’s what’s most important, right?

Part of it was that he was reeeealllly nervous so I thought his singing improved a little as the show went on and he got a little more confidence.

After the first two songs he actually started talking, and the best way that I could describe his voice was a man in his thirties who smoked…a lot. It was kind of deeper than I expected but I could hear sooooo much tobacco…

Summary of the many MCs

He explained that while Mejibray is on hiatus and he did solo stuff, he’d be using the name Yuutaro and if Mejibrary ever performed again, he’d go back to Meto. He also said that the reason he wanted to speak finally was so that he could express his own feelings and also say thank you to the fans. There was a fair amount of tears from Yuutaro too. He really loves the fans and Mejibray.

Especially in the beginning, every other sentence he said was about him being really nervous or it being really scary singing on stage and how his hands were shaking a lot!

But he usually followed that up with how he was having a lot of fun.

There were also a lot of stories that the other session members shared and they were all very encouraging to Yuutaro talking. And there were also promises of a five-way marriage between everyone on stage.

In the end, he alluded to planning on doing more solo performances, so hopefully there will be more in the future.

Also during the encore, Yuutaro opened presents which went on for about half an hour because there were so many of them! I can’t really even remember everything thing but almost every time before he opened a present he would say “It’s a Nintendo Switch right?”

And unfortunately, he didn’t get a Switch and the presents were just a whole lot of random crap from Donki. But he looked pretty happy about the Doraemon stuff he got.

Edited by utaulatias

I guess meto...opps,Yuutarou isn't planning on becoming a professional Singer and form a brand new band, right? It would be so good,his new band plus koichi and tzk with another project, keeping MEJIBRAY as their main place,of course.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:20 PM, JukaForever said:

Holy crap, I didn't spot one grammar mistake in his back

He must have hired a professional translator or something.