urumomo

MEJIBRAY members post-hiatus activities

4 hours ago, LIDL said:

sksksksksks inb4 Meto is becoming the Ai (DEATHGAZE, DARRELL) of MEJIBRAY with this vocalist gig and recruit MiA back and revive the band, while those two other members who's out gonna form their version of lynch.

koichi and tzk were the only talented members anyway...also why lynch. destroyed deathgaze #TalentWon

13 hours ago, emmny said:

i don't get why people arent literally shocked at this mejidrama like i know their popularity died in foreign fandom but this drama is literally WILD i have never seen management fuck over a band so hard, especially because it was literally tsuzuku's brainchild

I mean, what can you do about it? It's not like you can control it: in fact if something shady happened management wise there's literally nothing you, as a fan, can do about it. Both management AND band members have acted incredibly unprofessional since the hiatus announcement, and while you can only speculate through rumors about what the management has done, the super nasty unprofessional bullcrap the members pulled in their various lives lately is in everyone's eyes.

Therefore I certainly am NOT into the drama mawma, I usually follow bands for their music and once they decide they're done, well, they're done... Especially this time around.  Can't we just move on and remember the band for the good things it has done instead of tarnishing its name with stupid drama?

3 hours ago, emmny said:

koichi and tzk were the only talented members anyway...also why lynch. destroyed deathgaze #TalentWon

my points exactly sksksks

MiA and Asagi should form their own fairy tale visual Kei unit IT'S LITERALLY A PERFECT MATCH it's what visual Kei needs. Let's bring back some of the magic that vk has lost in the past years. 

The only thing I want is: meto as the vocalist of MEJIBRAY (if he's really good and tzk don't come back). And koichi and Tzk with a new project at the right time. 

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

The only thing I want is: meto as the vocalist of MEJIBRAY (if he's really good and tzk don't come back). And koichi and Tzk with a new project at the right time. 

I’m a little afraid that this is what’s going to happen and I really don’t want it. I’m fine with the members moving on if that’s what they want to do and I’d support them, but I can’t be okay with them using “Mejibray” without Tsuzuku. Just do something new.

Also, MiA is a great guitarist. However you like or don’t like him as a person, no denying his skill. 

Just now, frayed said:

but I can’t be okay with them using “Mejibray” without Tsuzuku. Just do something new.

Also, MiA is a great guitarist. 

I agree perfectly.

But I'm feeling like meto and MiA are going to use the MEJIBRAY name even without Tzk and koichi. Well I really don't know how all of this drama will end up...indeed, MEJIBRAY without tzk isn't MEJIBRAY (just got excited with the fact of meto singing)

Edited by Manji 卍

MiA is beyond average y'all, he sat for 5+ years of his life watching deluhi DVDs trying to replicate leda's sweep runs and thrashy riffs and non-guitar players somehow think he's a god. he's not awful, he's probably well capable but by no means amazing--for christ's sake he reuses the same chord progression on a lot of mejibray choruses.

also people, talent =/= fame in vk in case y'all forgot; MiA got those spots in sessions because he had some success with meji and networked well within that time, leading to him being well-liked among bandmen (at least major men). a lot of people in all parts of the scene know of mia, it's actually kind of weird how he's literally everywhere.

if talent led to fame...screw should've disbanded after a year, not ending up going major :tw_bawling:

11 hours ago, Wakarimashita said:

I mean, what can you do about it? It's not like you can control it: in fact if something shady happened management wise there's literally nothing you, as a fan, can do about it. Both management AND band members have acted incredibly unprofessional since the hiatus announcement, and while you can only speculate through rumors about what the management has done, the super nasty unprofessional bullcrap the members pulled in their various lives lately is in everyone's eyes.

Therefore I certainly am NOT into the drama mawma, I usually follow bands for their music and once they decide they're done, well, they're done... Especially this time around.  Can't we just move on and remember the band for the good things it has done instead of tarnishing its name with stupid drama?

not really a fan but stating my opinion even though none of us can do anything about it, thats what this forum is about

its rumours, but considering how much tsuzuku claimed to love mejibray and live for mejibray, its a little sad to see the "mejibray" name being misappropriated to sell and push mia and meto just because they signed their souls away to forum. Im guessing ko and tzk signed up for that, but its just sad to see shady business practices, which i think people on this thread are trying to draw attention to, but we all have different opinions and thats okay.

as frayed said, they should proceed activities as solo artists, not using the mejibray name, as is done with most other bands in that case. so mejibray has been tarnished, especially for those of us biased toward tzk/koichi.

Edited by emmny

In my opinion, I don't find MiA average. I admit to being biased, but I'm usually pretty good at saying when my faves aren't actually that awesome. 

However, I do want to see him in more situations that challenge what he's capable of as a guitarist and to switch things up a little. He went to a high school specifically for guitar, he composed most of Mejibray's music, and from watching him - not to negate his showmanship, because he's always really fun to watch, but he makes his solos look so easy I feel like he could play them asleep at this point. I'll never be happy about this hiatus, but I'd like to see him do something exciting and different. (Not to say networking isn't a factor at all, boy networks his ass off lol.)

Also, re: shady business practices, SO MUCH THIS.

On 01/01/2018 at 4:05 PM, emmny said:

i don't get why people arent literally shocked at this mejidrama like i know their popularity died in foreign fandom but this drama is literally WILD i have never seen management fuck over a band so hard, especially because it was literally tsuzuku's brainchild

On 01/01/2018 at 5:37 PM, frayed said:

So much this. I feel like it’s because it’s Tsuzuku that people are just kind of laughing it off. But honestly it’s fucked all around.

I just don’t get what Forum is trying to accomplish here. Like this seems like a massive PR nightmare no matter how you swing it.

I think I'm out of the loop. Anyone kind enough to enlighten me?

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

I think I'm out of the loop. Anyone kind enough to enlighten me?

I’m going to try and cliff note this and if anyone else wants to chime in feel free.

I think it was in April (???) that Mejibray’s Youtube channel’s name was changed to Forum Official. Another band was added that no one gave a shit about it. People assumed or hoped that was the reason why.

Then in May, after the first show on the Hangman tour which was completely normal, they posted that announcement on the homepage and all about the hiatus. After that, there were no more encores. Moreover, there were no more MCs. Tsuzuku didn’t talk to audiences at all (bar shouting the name of the city and maybe “Mejibray”).  A lot of fans are of the mind that he was essentially gagged by the label and prohibited from speaking. No way to know this for sure, but it felt like it. Also worth noting is the instores switched from talks to 2shots before any of this. Also no way to know for sure this is related. 

Most of their one-mans ended with BI”name”JIKA. Sometimes Decadance.

Mobile member content was really sporadic from there. Even the staff blog hasn’t had images added since the beginning of the last tour.

Fast forward to the tour final at Shinkiba Studio Coast. Tsuzuku and Koichi emerged painted black. They’d each done this once previously this year. The live was 14 songs instead of 15. This may or may not have been deliberate as Tsuzuku had collapsed and stayed down at the last song, seemingly overwhelmed. Koichi went to him and checked on him before stepping in front of him and seemingly flipping off the staff at the back and then holding up three fingers to the audience. The curtain finally closed.

Koichi’s birthday was a lot more fun. During the breaks between songs at one point, rather than facing the drums, Tsuzuku faced outwards, staring at the audience. He still didn’t speak; it was Koichi that spoke at the end, remarking on the challenges of the year and said we’d meet again next year. Everyone was crying, but the general air was optimistic after the live.

Then when the end of December hit, an announcement was posted on Mejibray’s OHP declaring that Tsuzuku’s and Koichi’s contracts had expired and to wish them the best in the future. Koichi’s Twitter and Instagram have been wiped clean. Meto’s birthday live where he will be providing vocals under a different name was announced. Mia is busy as fuck all spring with various projects and sessions.

So it’s basically been a massive clusterfuck. _(:3」z)_

Woah, I haven't heard about part of that, it sounds  bad. I wonder why it was only Koichi and Tsuzuku that was kicked off the label not the whole band :?:

That's really strange case.

Hope that Koichi will keep his promise.

19 minutes ago, Reikatsumi said:

Woah, I haven't heard about part of that, it sounds  bad. I wonder why it was only Koichi and Tsuzuku that was kicked off the label not the whole band :?:

That's really strange case.

Hope that Koichi will keep his promise.

I don't think they were kicked off the label, I think they both chose not to renew their contract. Also, MiA and Meto apparently have contracts more adhered to modelling/magazine work as well as musical activities whereas Tsuzuku and Koichi was solely for musical activities 

I loved everything I did but I followed them because I look toward vocals on any group so pretty much if Tsuzuku is gone I don't I would be around if they came back unless their new vocalist was just as epic or that much more.

Until then I'll wait for Tsuzuku to come back but I am really sad that the band struggled so much and found a name for themselves finally just too have it hi-jacked by management ;-;. Come back soon please.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:01 AM, frayed said:

I’m going to try and cliff note this and if anyone else wants to chime in feel free.

I think it was in April (???) that Mejibray’s Youtube channel’s name was changed to Forum Official. Another band was added that no one gave a shit about it. People assumed or hoped that was the reason why.

Then in May, after the first show on the Hangman tour which was completely normal, they posted that announcement on the homepage and all about the hiatus. After that, there were no more encores. Moreover, there were no more MCs. Tsuzuku didn’t talk to audiences at all (bar shouting the name of the city and maybe “Mejibray”).  A lot of fans are of the mind that he was essentially gagged by the label and prohibited from speaking. No way to know this for sure, but it felt like it. Also worth noting is the instores switched from talks to 2shots before any of this. Also no way to know for sure this is related. 

Most of their one-mans ended with BI”name”JIKA. Sometimes Decadance.

Mobile member content was really sporadic from there. Even the staff blog hasn’t had images added since the beginning of the last tour.

Fast forward to the tour final at Shinkiba Studio Coast. Tsuzuku and Koichi emerged painted black. They’d each done this once previously this year. The live was 14 songs instead of 15. This may or may not have been deliberate as Tsuzuku had collapsed and stayed down at the last song, seemingly overwhelmed. Koichi went to him and checked on him before stepping in front of him and seemingly flipping off the staff at the back and then holding up three fingers to the audience. The curtain finally closed.

Koichi’s birthday was a lot more fun. During the breaks between songs at one point, rather than facing the drums, Tsuzuku faced outwards, staring at the audience. He still didn’t speak; it was Koichi that spoke at the end, remarking on the challenges of the year and said we’d meet again next year. Everyone was crying, but the general air was optimistic after the live.

Then when the end of December hit, an announcement was posted on Mejibray’s OHP declaring that Tsuzuku’s and Koichi’s contracts had expired and to wish them the best in the future. Koichi’s Twitter and Instagram have been wiped clean. Meto’s birthday live where he will be providing vocals under a different name was announced. Mia is busy as fuck all spring with various projects and sessions.

So it’s basically been a massive clusterfuck. _(:3」z)_

Could you share the setlist for the Koichi birthday live? Ever since the announcement of the hiatus, the japanese fanbase seemed to stop updating their setlists on their blogs or public platforms like dailysetlist and I found it damn weird.

1 hour ago, sads123 said:

Could you share the setlist for the Koichi birthday live? Ever since the announcement of the hiatus, the japanese fanbase seemed to stop updating their setlists on their blogs or public platforms like dailysetlist and I found it damn weird.

1、DIE KUSSE
2、Black baccarat
3、CRAZED BRAIN
4、VICTIM(ism)
5、マダリ
6、【worms】
7、Invisible Tower maker
8、hatred × tangle red × hunger red
9、KILLING ME
10、サバト
11、VIOLET
12、DISTANCE.exe
13、蜈蚣
14、原罪の林檎
15、嘘と愚行-それもまた人間らしいって神様は笑ってるの-
16、枷と知能 -それってとても人間らしいって神様は笑ってるの-
17、DECADANCE - Counting Goats … if I can't be yours -

Have u recognized that, the guy who is cutting his hair is Tsuzuku??  ( Just look at the tattoos.) Oh yes just keep going and work together please.

Also huge respect for Koichi. This message is strong and beautiful af. This is it,  what an artist is called. I'd totally stand up for this guy forever. Again...HUGE RESPECT. 

Ps.: Oh and the date.  2017.dec.22. So it was decided a long before. Ok it's obvious but... 

Edited by NekoHime