cvltic

Akinori returns to lynch.

7 hours ago, nekkichi said:

until yusuke ragequits and goes on something better/more creative tbh

i will say if anything ever fucks this bands up eventually it will absolutely be a division between hazuki and the guys who drink his kool-aid (reo and AK) and yusuke. reo might be the leader but love hzk as i do, he's a high functioning megalomaniac and reo toes his line.

also i can see why individuals would be pissed/think this is kind of a shitshow because it undermines the statement their label put out to a hilarious degree...
but on a macro level it makes sense, imo. emmny said it best about the (highly successful) PR it gave them even thru a mediocre release in SINNERS, and AK is beloved in the industry including by other bandmen because he is an extremely affable dipshit, an effect amplified by him being the protege of reo/hzk/a well-connected band with a good reputation. being the only one with charisma other than hzk, AK was responsible for a lot of their charm/public face and he's very good at what he does on that level as well. yusuke and AK were inseparable prior to this anyway so it doesn't surprise me at all he caved with or without pressure from hzk & co.

1 hour ago, doombox said:

It's kinda blowing my mind this is happening when Umebo from HNIB was axed for similar and is now basically blacklisted from the scene.... 

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. 

I mean... they replaced Umebo pretty fast which is a bummer considering the outcome in the situation. But I think he's in another band actually. 

I still wonder if their busts are linked... I wouldn't doubt it which makes it even more unfair. 

Anyway kinda goes to show how different certain scenes handle things. 

SINNERS is now a mediocre release? Lol ok. These last two releases have been their best in a while.

Happy they accepted him into the band again. He deserved punishment obviously.... Have to respect the law there. But, to think that his career would be over from possessing marijuana is stupid. Serve the punishment. Shame. Whatever. But your career shouldn't be over something so stupid.

The band took the hits too. I believe they cancelled some tour dates and had to reschedule the Hazuki solo show? Sure it was inconvenience to everyone. So they took their lumps and it's time to move on.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

bloodthirsty was fine but i much prefer avantgarde/d.a.r.k. over anything on sinners; trigger is maybe the worst title track they've put out ever for me (it's that or ballad) but there's no accounting for taste, it sold pretty well despite what i think

also for bonus hints-we-all-missed points, the original, 4 member edition of the trailer that now shows all five of them was aired at their aug 11th show and was filmed early aug/late july.
hazuki posted the storyboard he drew for the trailer (legendary artiste) on IG and it clearly shows the crawling scene drawn for AK.
just something for the timeline. i'm genuinely surprised king rec reneged on their earlier zero tolerance-esque statement that quickly lmfao

5 hours ago, togz said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. 

I mean... they replaced Umebo pretty fast which is a bummer considering the outcome in the situation. But I think he's in another band actually. 

I still wonder if their busts are linked... I wouldn't doubt it which makes it even more unfair. 

Anyway kinda goes to show how different certain scenes handle things. 

I thought they were linked too. 2 friends with similar busts one right after the other? Had to be.

He is in another band, but they're having a hard time booking any gigs

Edited by doombox

Us on the outside will never know the severity or the details behind Akinori or Umebo's arrests. Their cases could be completely different (say the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony), so I think it's difficult to compare the two without knowing these details. Let's just be happy that Akinori is back and leave it at that.

The link posted above has a great quote from Umebo's new band's vocalist regarding his return to the scene:

"[...] look, he ain’t no murderer nor an idol on TV commercials. He’s just a badly behaved death metal musician who might have stepped just a bit across the red line. And for that, he’d been socially punished and brought to justice. So, if you still want him to receive punishment, I say you do that personally."

10 hours ago, doombox said:

I thought they were linked too. 2 friends with similar busts one right after the other? Had to be.

He is in another band, but they're having a hard time booking any gigs

Woah, I was wondering why I hadn't seen them in line-ups or anything yet. But people are gonna be chill with working with Akinori? What is this noise xD

Thanks for that news source btw I hadn't seen it until now.

Umebo should join a VK based band, they seem to not care as much lol

Edited by togz

18 minutes ago, togz said:

Woah, I was wondering why I hadn't seen them in line-ups or anything yet. But people are gonna be chill with working with Akinori? What is this noise xD

Thanks for that news source btw I hadn't seen it until now.

Umebo should join a VK based band, they seem to not care as much lol

I hope they are. Maybe it's in the way the bands handled it too. HNIB seemed quick to distance themselves where Lynch seemed a bit more regretful about the situation? 

Np. I didn't see it initially either, a friend passed it along so I'm just spreading the word.

That's really not a bad idea at all tbh. XD

Edited by doombox

34 minutes ago, doombox said:

I hope they are. Maybe it's in the way the bands handled it too. HNIB seemed quick to distance themselves where Lynch seemed a bit more regretful about the situation? 

Np. I didn't see it initially either, a friend passed it along so I'm just spreading the word.

That's really not a bad idea at all tbh. XD

That's what's crazy. All the members even cut off association with him... but... isn't Akinori not an original member? 

I don't know what label lynch is on.... but maybe it's Warner.

#MusicIndustryStillSketchy2k18

55 minutes ago, togz said:

That's what's crazy. All the members even cut off association with him... but... isn't Akinori not an original member? 

I don't know what label lynch is on.... but maybe it's Warner.

#MusicIndustryStillSketchy2k18

Akinori was possibly their only legit official bassist? All the other dudes before him on the wiki are listed as support only. But I'm hardly an expert on early Lynch. so maybe someone else in here can better comment on that.

AK wasn't an original member but he joined when lynch. went major so maybe as far as the label is concerned that's good enough?
they're on King Records (more specifically a subdivision called Bellwood)
if this was Danger Crue or something AK would be fully blacklisted probably, idk why King flipped on this except maybe that lynch. had an impressive sales year

i'm a little shocked to see Umebo is having such a hard time, idk why but i assumed there would be less stigma in the metalcore/hardcore field that HNIB worked in? i'm sure their arrests are linked too, but i don't know why their treatment is so different since they both seemed to have the same arrested > suspended sentence OR nonprosecution thing happen (Umebo was active on FB within a month of his arrest).

Oh how did I miss this news?!?

This is fucking badass. Just in time to start the new year fresh.

The other band members must be happy as fuck to have him back haha.

I don't know man, I was so happy for them and literally made my whole day better. What a great way to start 2018 ;A; !

Surely they know better what's best for their band and their music.

I don't think it's the fact of him just having Marijuana but more the fact that all everyone in Asia, not just Japan, knows where these things get you and how it affects others. I mean if they want to take him back that is totally up to them, I mean I don't know how it will affect them in the future but Yuusuke I'm sure was mad because it hurt him that Aki would do something like that to begin with and they were doing so well so I think he was hurt overall. I would be too if I struggled to get somewhere and someone was about to ruin that for me, especially if it was a friend and someone I thought I could trust but I guess that's to each their own. I do love Lynch though so I do hope this doesn't cause a rift between members .-.  

5 hours ago, cvltic said:

AK wasn't an original member but he joined when lynch. went major so maybe as far as the label is concerned that's good enough?
they're on King Records (more specifically a subdivision called Bellwood)
if this was Danger Crue or something AK would be fully blacklisted probably, idk why King flipped on this except maybe that lynch. had an impressive sales year

i'm a little shocked to see Umebo is having such a hard time, idk why but i assumed there would be less stigma in the metalcore/hardcore field that HNIB worked in? i'm sure their arrests are linked too, but i don't know why their treatment is so different since they both seemed to have the same arrested > suspended sentence OR nonprosecution thing happen (Umebo was active on FB within a month of his arrest).

I would have thought the metalcore/punk scene would more forgiving about it too. There's bands like SiM who openly sing about smoking it too so I really don't know what to make of things at this point. 

The only other thing I can think of is it seems like Akinori made a public apology and Umebo didn't? 

Edited by doombox

i bet your tits tanuki nostradamus has the answers to all the questions in this thread lets dox HA and investigate

Edited by emmny

I was convinced that Akinori was done and Lynch. would just revert back to having only session bassists. When i seen this thread title I had to do a double take because of how harsh Japan is when it comes to drugs in general and past incidents (IE the former drummer of L'arc en ciel). For the first time ever (?) on here I can actually see both sides of feels expressed here.  This was a fairly big deal and a huge blow to long time fans, only to have dude come back a year later. Also on the flip side, facts is facts. No matter how you feel about Lynch's musical direction, AK is that missing piece that they needed for so long. He's a pretty kick ass bassist and on top of that, his personality and stage presence just blends well with the rest of the members. I also remember reading on here (i think @cvlticmentioned it) that having him around was great for fans as well. This whole situation is a nice lil testament to show that these guys are more than just band members and are willing to stick their necks out as a unit for one of their own. 

On 1/1/2018 at 6:35 AM, sixblacknine said:

idek how I feel about this, it can't be that hard to find another bassist they connect with but I guess they really like him

I am reminded why Yusuke has always been my favorite though. . idk why they all weren't more angry  but ok 

Turn your location on, bro. You sound like you need a long over due hug, lemme give it to you. This literally says "It sucks that they're no longer mad at this dude and the situation is resolved."

12 hours ago, doombox said:

The only other thing I can think of is it seems like Akinori made a public apology and Umebo didn't? 

I don't think even if Umebo had apologized the situation would be the same for him, in Asia it is expected that "talent" (singers/actors/show hosts/etc.) should be role models for society at large. 

Even if HNIB is not the most popular rock band in Japan they are sign under a major label so it's take time for can pay "his debt to society", even if that can be unfair the way who the music industry blacklisted him it's something totally normaly in Japan.

When a artist is arrested for a drug scandal the artist's management agency, record label(s), and any and all companies contracting that person to do work or appearances will immediately drop them from their rosters, stores will remove their music, merchandise, and other media bearing their name from their shelves.

It's take time for a artist and the band can "wash theirs names" after a scandal like this for example Buck-Tick and did a forced break of 9 months (April to December 89) after Imai was arrested on charge of drugs possession.

@cvlticwill can correct me if I'm wrong but since the day one Hakuzi don't give  up on Akinori and tried to found some solutions like be back in indies