Delkmiroph

Plastic Tree new album「doorAdore」release

One of my copies should be arriving today -- can't wait to give it a listen

On 1/30/2018 at 4:49 AM, Pretsy said:

Correct transliteration would be "Existentialisme", which is Existentialism in French. Yes, Existentialism is エグジステンシャリズム but knowing Plastic Tree, they opted the classical variant of that word.

^ For that matter, are we sure that Pura, being Pura, weren't going for a portmanteau of the words "Ecstasy" and "Existentialism"? Just my first thought when seeing the title. A glance at the lyrics might help. God only knows how you'd have to romanize that, though.

30 minutes ago, SakuraFox512 said:

are we sure that Pura, being Pura, weren't going for a portmanteau of the words "Ecstasy" and "Existentialism"? Just my first thought when seeing the title. A glance at the lyrics might help. God only knows how you'd have to romanize that, though.

Ecstastentialism? Ecsistentialism?

11 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

Ecstastentialism? Ecsistentialism?

D'oh. That should've been easy enough to think through. That's what I get for being awake 40+ hours I guess.

On a more general note for anybody who's gotten to listen to the album yet, does it seem like they pulled a Träumerei and changed the single songs a bit without bothering to list them as album versions, or is that just my ears playing tricks?

And, while this isn't particularly important, does anybody know if there's a video of Pura mentioning "遠国", or maybe a broadcast where the title was mentioned anywhere? Written sources from the English-speaking side of things don't seem to settle on whether the reading is "Ongoku" or "Engoku"

Edited by SakuraFox512

2 hours ago, SakuraFox512 said:

And, while this isn't particularly important, does anybody know if there's a video of Pura mentioning "遠国", or maybe a broadcast where the title was mentioned anywhere? Written sources from the English-speaking side of things don't seem to settle on whether the reading is "Ongoku" or "Engoku"

Booklet romanised 遠国 as ENGOKU, and also romanised エクジステンシャリズム as Existentialisme (but I went with Ecsistentialism anyway).

I wouldn't say they pulled a Träumerei with the singles, since they didn't re-record them or re-arrange them in a different key, but there are some changes:

・雨中遊泳 was remixed: it's muddier, giving it a more 'rainy' atmosphere, and there's the sound of rain sample in the beginning

・Silent Noise has some studio noise in the beginning

・念力 has some extra fade-in sound effects in the beginning

・静かの海's drum intro is compressed

6 hours ago, Saishu said:

Oh. 

It’s on iTunes. 

It's also apparently available on several other sites for a high res. release:

【Plastic Tree】本日リリースNew Album「doorAdore」、ハイレゾでの配信もスタート!

下記サイトにてハイレゾ配信中!

■レコチョク

http://recochoku.jp/album/A1009582691/

■mora

http://mora.jp/package/43000005/VICL-64964_F/

■groovers

http://www.groovers.co.jp/mqs/album/detail/LOT6PVi

■e-onkyo

http://www.e-onkyo.com/music/album/veahd11845/

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Those are all Japanese sites. Only reason I pointed it out is because this is the only Plastic Tree release on US iTunes. 

Ah, pardon me, then.

News to me that this album was the only thing up. Could've sworn Nenriki and some other release were floating on there, but I guess I must be mixing things up with someplace else.

Edited by SakuraFox512

I usually dislike the fact that Plastic Tree likes to release many versions of any of their releases, and the same here, they should just release a 2 DVD box set with the 2 concerts together and the album separately, this would be smarter and people will definitely buy both, but expecting the fans to buy the same album twice just for a different DVD and a different photobook doesn't sound too smart in my opinion  xD  anyway, regardless of that, the album is AWESOME, much better than the previous album, and I'm glad I ordered type A that includes the entire Puppet show setlist and couple more of classics, just with Circus in concert i'm satisfied xD

5 hours ago, deedlitmurata said:

I usually dislike the fact that Plastic Tree likes to release many versions of any of their releases, and the same here, they should just release a 2 DVD box set with the 2 concerts together and the album separately, this would be smarter and people will definitely buy both, but expecting the fans to buy the same album twice just for a different DVD and a different photobook doesn't sound too smart in my opinion  xD  anyway, regardless of that, the album is AWESOME, much better than the previous album, and I'm glad I ordered type A that includes the entire Puppet show setlist and couple more of classics, just with Circus in concert i'm satisfied xD

I'm with you on this, but it'll never happen as long as they're signed to Victor Entertainment. (Frankly, at this point, I'm just hoping the fandom doesn't get a replay of the BS with Ink's limited edition release and the Tent 3 DVD/Blu-ray). But then, they've jumped record labels a lot, so maybe they'll eventually hop to one that makes different business decisions.

While I didn't hate Hakusei, personally, I have to say I like this album more also. A bit of a surprise when I checked the songwriting credits on some of the songs too (would never have guessed Ryutaro composed "Irotsuki")! The DVDs are pretty solid. Puppet Show is one of, if not my favorite album of theirs, so the setlist for that one is killer. "monophobia" and "Sangatsu Itsu-ka." in particular were big highlights, so just with those, I could be content.

The other type that has the Nega to Posi setlist was unexpectedly the concert I liked more overall, though -- "Sabbath" was wicked, "egg" had a great thing going in energy with the crowd, "Kuroi Kasa"'s atmosphere was lovely, "Makka na Ito" had its best performance, and "Kioku Yuki" made for such a close.

I think my main complaint is that Ryutaro's voice kind of had a tendency to get drowned out/hard to hear in the lives. Mainly with the Nega to Posi set for whatever reason, unfortunately.

(Also I learned that "Nukegara" is a song utterly beyond his chords' capabilities anymore. While that song was always sort of dicey, he sounds so strangled on the choruses for it now. Roughest performance among both the concerts, hands-down.)

On 4/1/2018 at 8:16 AM, SakuraFox512 said:

I'm with you on this, but it'll never happen as long as they're signed to Victor Entertainment. (Frankly, at this point, I'm just hoping the fandom doesn't get a replay of the BS with Ink's limited edition release and the Tent 3 DVD/Blu-ray). But then, they've jumped record labels a lot, so maybe they'll eventually hop to one that makes different business decisions.

While I didn't hate Hakusei, personally, I have to say I like this album more also. A bit of a surprise when I checked the songwriting credits on some of the songs too (would never have guessed Ryutaro composed "Irotsuki")! The DVDs are pretty solid. Puppet Show is one of, if not my favorite album of theirs, so the setlist for that one is killer. "monophobia" and "Sangatsu Itsu-ka." in particular were big highlights, so just with those, I could be content.

The other type that has the Nega to Posi setlist was unexpectedly the concert I liked more overall, though -- "Sabbath" was wicked, "egg" had a great thing going in energy with the crowd, "Kuroi Kasa"'s atmosphere was lovely, "Makka na Ito" had its best performance, and "Kioku Yuki" made for such a close.

I think my main complaint is that Ryutaro's voice kind of had a tendency to get drowned out/hard to hear in the lives. Mainly with the Nega to Posi set for whatever reason, unfortunately.

(Also I learned that "Nukegara" is a song utterly beyond his chords' capabilities anymore. While that song was always sort of dicey, he sounds so strangled on the choruses for it now. Roughest performance among both the concerts, hands-down.)

Hello, yeah I think this is a tendency of Victor Entertainment releases... lol

About the composition, actually what surprised me the most is that "Irotsuki" was the only composition done by Ryutaro this time?!  he got lazy suddenly? xD  this was basically a Tadashi album, being the majority of the songs, I'd like Ryutaro to make more songs like Replay for example, and that song Irotsuki was one of my favorites. I like the fact that Kenken keeps composing.

I remember Ryutaro said once that he never took proper singing classes, and that he was not interested in it either because he thought only feeling was important for singing... <-- I think this is the consequences of that now, that he forces his voice too much in the concerts.. by the end of the concerts.. the songs sound a bit different.. but regardless of this.. it's painful , but I still love his voice no matter what.

I agree Makka na ito was probably the best on the second set, together with Replay and Andrometamorphose for me, very epic whenever they perform it. ^^

On 4/4/2018 at 11:58 PM, deedlitmurata said:

Hello, yeah I think this is a tendency of Victor Entertainment releases... lol

About the composition, actually what surprised me the most is that "Irotsuki" was the only composition done by Ryutaro this time?!  he got lazy suddenly? xD  this was basically a Tadashi album, being the majority of the songs, I'd like Ryutaro to make more songs like Replay for example, and that song Irotsuki was one of my favorites. I like the fact that Kenken keeps composing.

I remember Ryutaro said once that he never took proper singing classes, and that he was not interested in it either because he thought only feeling was important for singing... <-- I think this is the consequences of that now, that he forces his voice too much in the concerts.. by the end of the concerts.. the songs sound a bit different.. but regardless of this.. it's painful , but I still love his voice no matter what.

I agree Makka na ito was probably the best on the second set, together with Replay and Andrometamorphose for me, very epic whenever they perform it. ^^

Hmm...Ryutaro also composed "Nocturne" as well, didn't he? (though that only brings the total up to two).
Akira and Ken-Ken took on two each also...so that means Tadashi ultimately did the other half.
Pretty sure it's the songs originally from the singles that tipped the scales for Tadashi, since he often composes their lead singles...if we were to count only the new songs, I guess Tadashi only did two as well! I suppose they couldn't have been more even-handed without leaving out the singles.

Oh yeah, that makes sense about his voice. Combined with his smoking, polyp removals, and add aging too, and I suppose it's not unexpected either.

On that last part, I have to say it was nice seeing Replay again after its long absence on setlists in recent times. ^^

And I agree wholeheartedly that I still love Ryutaro's voice too. I think he's starting to try to wind himself down though, (albeit slowly), and I'm finding the whole situation pretty sad. I know that in a recent interview [or was it a live?] that happened sometime in the past couple of years, he stated that he knows he won't be able to continue on forever as a musician. Not because of any lack of interest, but simply because of the state of his throat and he mentioned trying his best with it and still wanting to do as much as he can while still able.

And then just last month, there was him saying the band was moving into their final act following the release of this album.

So I'm very honestly starting to think that the band's next album will also be their last. And quite possibly for Ryutaro's work as a vocalist as a whole, too. With any luck, they'll get to usher in their 25th [major-label] anniversary, but I'm increasingly unconvinced they'll last beyond that threshold, much as I hate to say it.

Edited by SakuraFox512

On 4/5/2018 at 7:06 AM, SakuraFox512 said:

Hmm...Ryutaro also composed "Nocturne" as well, didn't he? (though that only brings the total up to two).
Akira and Ken-Ken took on two each also...so that means Tadashi ultimately did the other half.
Pretty sure it's the songs originally from the singles that tipped the scales for Tadashi, since he often composes their lead singles...if we were to count only the new songs, I guess Tadashi only did two as well! I suppose they couldn't have been more even-handed without leaving out the singles.

Oh yeah, that makes sense about his voice. Combined with his smoking, polyp removals, and add aging too, and I suppose it's not unexpected either.

On that last part, I have to say it was nice seeing Replay again after its long absence on setlists in recent times. ^^

And I agree wholeheartedly that I still love Ryutaro's voice too. I think he's starting to try to wind himself down though, (albeit slowly), and I'm finding the whole situation pretty sad. I know that in a recent interview [or was it a live?] that happened sometime in the past couple of years, he stated that he knows he won't be able to continue on forever as a musician. Not because of any lack of interest, but simply because of the state of his throat and he mentioned trying his best with it and still wanting to do as much as he can while still able.

And then just last month, there was him saying the band was moving into their final act following the release of this album.

So I'm very honestly starting to think that the band's next album will also be their last. And quite possibly for Ryutaro's work as a vocalist as a whole, too. With any luck, they'll get to usher in their 25th [major-label] anniversary, but I'm increasingly unconvinced they'll last beyond that threshold, much as I hate to say it.

Ohh you are right, I totally forgot about Nocturne XD I think I overlooked it, but yes, that only makes the count up to 2.. which is not many at all compared to the ratio of composition he was doing in some previous albums.

Is Ryutaro still smoking?!  I thought he had stopped at some point.. after having polyps removed many time (how many has it been, like 4 i guess?) I thought he would have chose to stop doing it, maybe this way he could last a bit more.

It also makes me very sad that Ryutaro will have to retire at some point soon maybe.. his voice is not what it used to be, even if we still love it, I'm sure it must be very hard for him, I know some other vocalists that have been forced to retire for the same reason, it's either that, or lose your voice completely or just live in constant pain which is not fair for him either, and the quality of the voice wont be the same, so I am sure he wants to do his best. I wonder how the rest of the members feel about it?  I am sure Kenken could probably go on, since he's younger than the others, find some other band.. I guess.. I hate to think about it. I hope they can complete the next album.. the Japanese music scene will be very lonely for me without Plastic Tree T_T

On 4/9/2018 at 2:01 AM, deedlitmurata said:

Ohh you are right, I totally forgot about Nocturne XD I think I overlooked it, but yes, that only makes the count up to 2.. which is not many at all compared to the ratio of composition he was doing in some previous albums.

Is Ryutaro still smoking?!  I thought he had stopped at some point.. after having polyps removed many time (how many has it been, like 4 i guess?) I thought he would have chose to stop doing it, maybe this way he could last a bit more.

It also makes me very sad that Ryutaro will have to retire at some point soon maybe.. his voice is not what it used to be, even if we still love it, I'm sure it must be very hard for him, I know some other vocalists that have been forced to retire for the same reason, it's either that, or lose your voice completely or just live in constant pain which is not fair for him either, and the quality of the voice wont be the same, so I am sure he wants to do his best. I wonder how the rest of the members feel about it?  I am sure Kenken could probably go on, since he's younger than the others, find some other band.. I guess.. I hate to think about it. I hope they can complete the next album.. the Japanese music scene will be very lonely for me without Plastic Tree T_T

Well...he started using e-cigarettes a few years back, probably to help his voice. (Whether that means he stopped using real cigarettes altogether or not is another matter). But regardless of what his current situation is regarding smoking, I just brought it up because I figured all the years that he definitely spent smoking normal cigarettes have probably played their part in present troubles.

But yikes! He's had polyps removed 4 times? I only knew of two. :x

That's pretty rough.

And yeah, I don't envy the situation. Problems like this have got to be among the worst to be gazing down the barrel of as a vocalist. I remember some of the worries and fears he mentioned going through back when he had gotten diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome and can't help but wonder how he's feeling about now. I hope that whenever the time comes that he has to bow out, he can at least be content with all that he's done over the course of Pura's existence.

As for the other band members...I wonder about that too. I guess Akira has COALTAR OF THE DEEPERS to fall back on? It's not really the same though...

Either way, the vk scene is gonna feel real weird for me without the ol'  'Tree that never withers'. =/

EDIT: This occurred to me a while ago and it's been driving me nuts since, but I wonder why Pura don't just take a hiatus, rather than disbanding, They've been going pretty constantly since they first formed...maybe taking a year or two off would benefit Ryutaro. Surely going full-steam ahead with tours and double performances (like what they did with the same-day Puppet Show/Nega to Posi concerts) and whatnot will just burn his voice out faster...?

On 4/9/2018 at 1:08 PM, GreatNorthernVK said:

Looks like I better get on that trip to Japan. I should really see Plastic Tree before they finally go.

You and me both. Hoping I can save up enough dough and get my health in check so that I can see them even once.

Edited by SakuraFox512

On 4/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, SakuraFox512 said:

Well...he started using e-cigarettes a few years back, probably to help his voice. (Whether that means he stopped using real cigarettes altogether or not is another matter). But regardless of what his current situation is regarding smoking, I just brought it up because I figured all the years that he definitely spent smoking normal cigarettes have probably played their part in present troubles.

But yikes! He's had polyps removed 4 times? I only knew of two. :x

That's pretty rough.

And yeah, I don't envy the situation. Problems like this have got to be among the worst to be gazing down the barrel of as a vocalist. I remember some of the worries and fears he mentioned going through back when he had gotten diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome and can't help but wonder how he's feeling about now. I hope that whenever the time comes that he has to bow out, he can at least be content with all that he's done over the course of Pura's existence.

As for the other band members...I wonder about that too. I guess Akira has COALTAR OF THE DEEPERS to fall back on? It's not really the same though...

Either way, the vk scene is gonna feel real weird for me without the ol'  'Tree that never withers'. =/

EDIT: This occurred to me a while ago and it's been driving me nuts since, but I wonder why Pura don't just take a hiatus, rather than disbanding, They've been going pretty constantly since they first formed...maybe taking a year or two off would benefit Ryutaro. Surely going full-steam ahead with tours and double performances (like what they did with the same-day Puppet Show/Nega to Posi concerts) and whatnot will just burn his voice out faster...?

You and me both. Hoping I can save up enough dough and get my health in check so that I can see them even once.

Ohh I didn't know that he was using e-cigarrettes now, but I agree that won't change the damage done by the real cigarrettes he has used over the year.. and yes, it has definitely been more than 2 polyps, his voice is very damaged by now.. it makes my heart break, and the same goes with the guillain barre syndrome, I am very sure he is preparing mentally for having to stop being a vocalist someday.

I agree they should take a hiatus so he can recover, but at the same there are two things, the first is that maybe the company doesn't let them, I've heard victor entertainment is very tough to be in, and second, maybe he doesn't want to stop and wants to do all he can while he still can... I can relate that maybe he believes free time would mean that he won't probably be able to go back?  there are a lot of possibilities

As for Akira, maybe he has coaltar of the deepers, and maybe kenken can join any band, he's a great drummer and young, so I don't think he'll have any issues. But Tadashi... he and Ryutaro and like the heart of Plastic Tree, so it will be very uncomfortable when the time comes.. but I do hope this tree never withers.. :)

On 4/10/2018 at 10:46 PM, SakuraFox512 said:

Is COTD even active anymore at this point though? I remember Narasaki teasing the release of an EP what feels like almost a fucking decade ago at this point, as far as I know he's been doing stuff w/ Tokusatsu now that they're back again... If PT should come to disband, Akira could join up with CQ or something, that'd be neat