Jigsaw9

石川忠 (Chu Ishikawa) has passed away

Metal percussionist / industrial musician / soundtrack composer 石川忠 (Chu Ishikawa) has passed away on 2017/12/21 after battling a lengthy illness, with a funeral held shortly afterwards among close relatives. He was 51 years old.

He was the founding member of short-lived '80s industrial unit ZEITLICH VERGELTER and founding member of industrial / metal percussion band DER EISENROST with whom he remained active until recently. What he was more famous for was his soundtrack work, having provided the music to most of Shinya Tsukamoto's movies in particular, like the cult hit "Tetsuo: The Iron Man". He was working on new music which he planned to unveil in 2018.

1MnLOjc.jpg

(source)

May he R.I.P. Goddamn, I'm devastated, he seemed like a really cool guy and all his stuff is amazing. Gonna blast this big boy today for sure.

I was heartbroken by this news. Ishikawa was one of the most talented and original industrial artists of his generation, and his soundstracks have been on constant heavy rotation with me. A great loss.