suji

己龍 (kiryu) new maxi-single, "春時雨" (harushigure) release

I really love the new look tbh,  but the new song sounds like it'd be 3 different song randomly mixed. Sometimes I feel like they should rest more between 2 single.  Needless to say, they're gods, just this is a bit weak now. It happens. 

Edited by NekoHime

The look is ok as always,but I just felt like I was listening to amaterasu or gekka bijin. I really wanted to appreciate it, however their music is just stale.they should take a break or go to a side project and come with something really interesting. 

(Sorry below,I had Wi-Fi problems and the reply was sended repeated times lol)

Edited by Manji 卍

Song sounds REALLY ehhhh, 

and I had to look twice to see if they were actually wearing any makeup.. which scares me. Minimal makeup, and a song that sounds "mainstream" (gah that sounds so hipsterish to say). 

It seems far fetched, but there is  a possibility they're slowly abandoning VisualKei. Which I really hope doesn't happen, since we pretty much have only them and Orochi left doing the traditional Japanese mixed with vkei thing (at least that I can think of off the top of my head). But idk.

I'm hoping the B-Sides convince me otherwise. Kiryu's B-Sides never really fail to impress

1 hour ago, AimiGen7 said:

It seems far fetched, but there is  a possibility they're slowly abandoning VisualKei.

Only because they wear a little makeup this time...? Maybe this just goes well with clothes they have chosen for this single?

And I don't get why you call that song mainstream, vocal parts are really demanding and the guitars sound amazing.

In my opinion it is gonna be way way better than the last single, since it sounds reallyy unique

1 minute ago, Reikatsumi said:

Only because they wear a little makeup this time...? Maybe this just goes well with clothes they have chosen for this single?

And I don't get why you call that song mainstream, vocal parts are really demanding and the guitars sound amazing.

In my opinion it is gonna be way way better than the last single, since it sounds reallyy unique

IDK, I guess my standards are kinda really high for Kiryu, and having seen other bands go the route of "little to no makeup with regular sounding music" (An example would be Pierrot), part of me gets sorta worried when other bands seem to even sound like they're going that route. Obviously, not every band that gets really popular does that. The GazettE and Dir en Grey are examples. (and is probably the reason they managed to stay around so long).  Also, I'm too used to Kiryu's darker stuff, their experimental stuff, or their stuff that has influences from early 2000's vkei.

To put it simply, I'm just picky, and paranoid. But that's just me and my weird opinions, which you don't have to like or agree with. 

1 hour ago, AimiGen7 said:

"little to no makeup with regular sounding music"

I guess you focused on Mahiro looking like 13 years old, but Takemasa, Hiyorin and Junji has lot of makeup. Especially Takemasa... as always.

I don't understand why u don't like it, I think Mahiro with the vocal is just awsome in a natural and smooth way, I missed his beautiful voice for a while, so now i'm happier than ever:D<3 the guitar and the orchestration are made with a very amazing taste.  I think for the past few years (of course there were exceptions, but mostly) the songs and the style was too strained with a lot of pain, I like that style, but I missed this kind of smooth feelings from them. I didn't like the new look, but in the pv, with the lights and pastel-colors looks also great and relaxing. That spot was enough to bring me up from a deep depressed period, so I'm really thankful!:tw_heart:

[CD tracklist]

01. 春時雨 (Harushigure)

02. 鏖 (Minagoroshi)

03. 贄ノ筵 (Nie no Mushiro) [TYPE C only]

03. 自惚レテ愛玩 (Jihorete Aigan) [TYPE D only]

04. 春時雨 (inst) [TYPE C & D only]

05. 鏖 (Minagoroshi) (inst) [TYPE C & D only]

06. 贄ノ筵 (Nie no Mushiro) (inst) [TYPE C only]

06. 自惚レテ愛玩 (Jihorete Aigan) (inst) [TYPE D only]

a278__web.jpg

b279__web.jpg

c280__web.jpg

d281__web.jpg

30 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

There's not too much going on for once, that's nice. The guitar solo is a bit disappointing, other than that it's an ok song imo 

THAT HD BRO!

ok.

-I like the song but I feel its chorus doesn't fit at all.

-the guys with katana reminds me Etsu to utsu. they weren't necessary on the mv  

-why that bass solo was so short? it was great but why! 

- I'm gonna miss so much Hiyori's girly style! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

6 hours ago, Spectralion said:

Mahiro said Hanasigure so many times it  sounds like new pokémon's name 

Wasn't it Harushigure? 

the single is boring in deed,not bcuz they can't make good music,but it feels like you already heard it

due to the fact that they release a new single like every week.

they should take a break with the releases for like one year.

Edited by Manji 卍

5 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

they should take a break with the releases for like one year.

As if their label would allow them to do such a thing. Ha. I'll rant about BP Records some other time, though...

Judging by the previews, the song is not good enough to be a single and the b-sides are bland. It's not so much that the compositions bore me, or that I don't like the idea of the traditional synth, but they just drown all their music in synth nowadays, it's overkill! They need to go light on the background synth stuff and focus on the instruments that they claim to actually play. They did a much better job achieving a balancing of actual music and synth until a few years ago.

Maybe I'll grow to really like 春時雨 when it surfaces on an album, but in the mean time, I'm skipping it. Let's just see what コドモドラゴン and Royz have to offer this month...

Kiryu "Harushigure" debut at 4th place in the oricon major chart

Singles:

01 Keyakizaka46 (Glass wo Ware!) - 638,802 + 94,839 = 733,641

02 Johnny's WEST (Principal no Kimi e / Dragon Dog) - 89,850 + 30,690 = 120,540

03 A3ders! (Shunkashuto☆Blooming!) - x + 7,892 = 7,892 + x

04 Kiryu (Harushigure)

05 UNISON SQUARE GARDEN (Haru ga Kite Bokura)

06 Various Artists (THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER Illusionista!)

07 Nishikawa Takanori (Bright Burning Shout)

08 Hoshino Gen (Doraemon) - 2,521 + x + x = 2,521 + 2x

09 Nakashima Mika (KISS OF DEATH -Produced by HYDE-)

10 BREAKERZ (D×D×D / GREAT AMBITIOUS -Single Version-)

Took me a while to watch the PV.

I have to admit that although I love Kiryu, that song in particular isn't very memorable. It lacks the distinct rhythm that other songs of its kind, like Etsu to Utsu, have had. So to me it just sounds like chaotic pop-rock and that just doesn't work.

Also:

Hiyori is so not kawaii anymore.

Y'all, Hiyori hasn't been girly since like 2016, I think? I miss it too tbh.

As much as I enjoy Kiryu, I'm not feeling this. Jou no Ka  and Watashi wa Kairai were loads better.