Sign in to follow this  
jaymee

Life Soundtrack: Songs that Evoke Specific Memories

I imagine for most of us that have been into VK (or general j-rock fans) for a decent amount, there are certain songs that when you hear them they take you back to a specific memory, whether it was one made while that song or one evoked by that song's lyrics/music. I figured it would be interesting to see what songs have really resonated with you all over the years, so c'mon, play along and post a song/memory associated with that song.

I'll go first!

The FLARE - "Lyra"

My (now) husband and I were planning on taking our first trip to Osaka and it just so happened that The FLARE was scheduled to play one their final tour shows there in the middle of our trip. There weren't a lot of business/budget hotels in Osaka at the time (there still aren't compared to other bigger cities, though there's more hostels and the like than there used to be lol... ) and everything was booked so we had to stay at this run down love hotel each night. I don't remember much about the live itself (even after watching recordings like this off the DVD for that tour) except that the whole atmosphere of it was like being in a trance. That said, I made the poor decision to wear these cute heels instead of something more comfortable and the whole time my feet were in excruciating pain and it was a hella long to walk in the cold to the venue and back and standing in this stairwell for number call. Anyways, this song reminds me of that trip, being young and carefree in love, and the Cafe de Crie we ate at every morning there, but mostly the painful lesson that when it comes to lives comfort > style.

Sign in to follow this