Traxan

Cyntia go on "indefinite hiatus"

The all-girl power metal band Cyntia announced an "indefinite hiatus," which is basically another way of saying they are breaking up.

https://natalie.mu/music/news/262817

It seems guitarist and band leader Yui has suffered from focal dystonia, a neurological condition, in her arm. That's about the last place a guitarist needs a problem. If she can't recover, then the band is definitely toast.

As it is the band has been largely inactive, mostly due to Yui's condition. Some bad career decisions didn't help. They made a great metal album in 2014, called Limit Break. Then they went total pop in 2015 with Woman, a total misfire. They tried to bounce back last year with Urban Night but the damage appeared to be done. They have yet to replace drummer Kanoko, who left in 2015.

I just can't get over the terrible health of jrockers. So many musicians stepping down from bands due to one health problem or another. Seems we have an announcement every week here.

Well I read it's treatable with botox. It's not painful, just the nerves are firing when they should not. Wiki lists a lot of musicians who had it and recovered.

And it can't be that bad. Yui appeared at NaonYaon this past summer. So cute seeing little Li-Sa X there and getting an encouraging push from Saki at the end.

Edited by Traxan

http://www.jpopasia.com/feed/22754/cynthia-goes-on-indefinite-hiatus-as-guitarist-seeks-treatment-for-dystonia/

The all-female band CYNTHIA is going on indefinite hiatus after its guitarist YUI was diagnosed with focal dystonia in her right arm.

YUI has been experiencing a slow deterioration in her ability to control her right arm. She was diagnosed with focal dystonia about 1 1/2 years ago.

Focal dystonia is a neurological condition that causes involuntary movements to certain parts of one's body. In YUI's case, her dystonia causes her arm, wrist and fingers to stiffen unexpectedly.

Despite her diagnosis, YUI did not want to give up performing. She hid the condition instead in hopes that no one would notice.

"I didn't want anyone in my life to know. I was afraid that of anyone knowing, so I've kept this a secret until today. I wanted to continue living my life and playing the guitar. I won't act so selfishly anymore and will be resting," she said.

When YUI initially talked to her band mates about her condition, she expected to be replaced by a new guitarist. Instead, the band decided to pause its activities while YUI seeks treatment and recovers from the condition. Once she recovers, the band intends to resume its activities.

"I will do my best to make that day come sooner rather than later, and this will all just be a funny story that we look back at. Thank you for you continued and unchanging support! Thank you," she said.

On 12/27/2017 at 7:52 AM, Vercingetorix said:

Terrible news for YUI, but otherwise meh, it was like they went on hiatus after WOMAN anyway. That track on Urban Night which Toki (Aldious) guested on was their only good song in 3 years.

You probably were just excited that Toki guested in that Album. That actually wasn’t one of the band’s best work. Pretty standard but nothing particularly striking. That said, your taste in music, though subjective, sucks. 

URBAN NIGHT was a really good album. 

9 hours ago, Heelandtoe said:

You probably were just excited that Toki guested in that Album. That actually wasn’t one of the band’s best work. Pretty standard but nothing particularly striking. That said, your taste in music, though subjective, sucks. 

Well you're a catty one.

Though I'm probably wasting my breath, seeing as you've already told us both why I actually like it, I mainly liked Bless Of The Fire because it was only track on URBAN NIGHT (besides YUI's criminally short opening intro) which echoed the pre-WOMAN sound.

Ain't subjectivity just a bitch sometimes.

Edited by Vercingetorix

11 hours ago, Heelandtoe said:

Are you really gonna try to act like your taste in music is better than someone else's when you just said yourself it's subjective? I don't know who hurt you but maybe step away from the forum and take a few deep breathes before spreading any more of this negativity. Thanks.

14 hours ago, Heelandtoe said:

Welcome to MH! We're always happy to have new members here, however, we do have rules - one being that we do not insult other members here. So I'd highly recommend taking a look at our forum rules before posting again. Thanks.

On 22/02/2018 at 12:55 AM, Heelandtoe said:

Holy shit someone skipped breakfast!

Seriously though, opinions are opinions, MH is one of the few places I've seen where that's respected, don't ruin that! :)