Spike760

D

The new album is surprisingly fun. Despite the offensive (steampunk x alice in wonderland) aesthetic, I found that the only tracks I didn't enjoy were the last two tracks and UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY.

On 27/01/2011 at 0:18 PM, VaL said:

D is my favorite bands so i hope someone decides to bring them to southamerica

europe fans enjoy the concert of your life!

You mean "bring them again" right? They came to South America in 2012 and it was fantastic. Second best day of my life ♡

On 24/02/2011 at 6:08 PM, JustIronic said:

The Snow White singles are so beautiful. You will never understand how beautiful they are unless you have the physical CDs in hand. Seriously.

Totally agree. I don't own Snow White singles myself, but the other releases are absolutely beautiful as well. Type B for 7th Rose, Tafel Anatomie limited ed. and Ouka saki some ni keri limited ed. are good examples.

On 12/12/2016 at 6:26 AM, Usagi said:

Type B for 7th Rose, Tafel Anatomie limited ed. and Ouka saki some ni keri limited ed. are good examples.

Don't forget limited editions for The name of the Rose. I wonder what happened to their jacket designer.

On 02/01/2017 at 7:38 PM, Komorebi said:

Don't forget limited editions for The name of the Rose. I wonder what happened to their jacket designer.

Those too, of course. I think their staff and crew changed when they went major. Some things had much better quality in the indies era.

3 hours ago, Usagi said:

Those too, of course. I think their staff and crew changed when they went major. Some things had much better quality in the indies era.

Yeah... Some XD The cover for the first press of New Blood wasn't that great either hahaha

I have been a fan of D since their start, though a few months after I attended their live show in Dallas, TX I began to gradually stop listening to them due to some personal events in my life which caused me to step away from all things Jrock. I recently downloaded everything that was released after 2012 until just before their most recent release, and it was a very emotional few days for me as I listened through what I had kept away from myself and was reminded of how deeply I loved this band,

12 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

@Mephistopheleswelcome back :D
What are your thoughts on their latest albums?

Ah, thank you! I have not yet listened to Wonderland Savior,  Master Key or Happy Unbirthday. The last I listened to was Dandelion and it had a very different mood to it than what I am accustomed to. In The Name of Justice was the last tour I had dedicated myself to listening to before I stopped indulging, and I felt like there was a much deeper note of melancholy in Asagi's voice back then than there is now. That is not to say I enjoy it any less, I just feel as if the music is lighter from the sound of his voice and the accompaniment as well. 

Edited by Mephistopheles

Dandelion was their goodbye song before the hiatus and it was about the end of the war Justice and the four knights have been fighting during the whole Vampire Saga story. It's a song about going home after the battle and starting anew, if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Dandelion was their goodbye song before the hiatus and it was about the end of the war Justice and the four knights have been fighting during the whole Vampire Saga story. It's a song about going home after the battle and starting anew, if I remember correctly.

Whoa they went on a hiatus? I literally have no idea what transpired with the band after 2012, so that is very shocking to me. How long was their hiatus?

6 minutes ago, Mephistopheles said:

Whoa they went on a hiatus? I literally have no idea what transpired with the band after 2012, so that is very shocking to me. How long was their hiatus?

It wasn't very long, Asagi just had to recover from vocal troubles.

1 hour ago, Mephistopheles said:

Asagi was diagnosed with temporomandibular joint disorder 9 years ago. It's a chronic desease that makes it very painful to speak and sing at all. Asagi, being the workaholic he is, he pushed his own limits until by the end of 2014 he couldn't sing anymore due to the pain on his jaw. They went on hiatus from november 2014 until around september 2015. It should have been a longer hiatus, but I'm pretty sure Asagi pushed himself again so he could go back to singing.

For anyone who cares about this piece of information, the whole Alice in Wonderland theme is either over or momentarily paused, or at least that's what D is leading us to believe with the latest announcements on twitter.

16 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Asagi was diagnosed with temporomandibular joint disorder 9 years ago. It's a chronic desease that makes it very painful to speak and sing at all. Asagi, being the workaholic he is, he pushed his own limits until by the end of 2014 he couldn't sing anymore due to the pain on his jaw. They went on hiatus from november 2014 until around september 2015. It should have been a longer hiatus, but I'm pretty sure Asagi pushed himself again so he could go back to singing.

For anyone who cares about this piece of information, the whole Alice in Wonderland theme is either over or momentarily paused, or at least that's what D is leading us to believe with the latest announcements on twitter.

I knew of his temporomandibular joint disorder, and I always wondered if it would end his career but he kept on pushing himself. I am glad he did rest a little, even though I agree with you that he should have allowed himself quite a bit more time to recover. I thank you for your detailed information about the Alice in Wonderland theme, I did wonder about its longevity though. 

1 hour ago, Mephistopheles said:

I knew of his temporomandibular joint disorder, and I always wondered if it would end his career but he kept on pushing himself. I am glad he did rest a little, even though I agree with you that he should have allowed himself quite a bit more time to recover. I thank you for your detailed information about the Alice in Wonderland theme, I did wonder about its longevity though. 

Thankfully, it's the type of problem that doesn't directly affect the vocal chords.
I think he went through at least two surgeries to accelerate treatment :/

Just now, Komorebi said:

Thankfully, it's the type of problem that doesn't directly affect the vocal chords.
I think he went through at least two surgeries to accelerate treatment :/

Indeed, but unfortunately it is very painful and I do hope he has good physicians who work with pain management for him because if he is taking prescription pain medication for the discomfort for a long period of time, his liver and kidneys will deteriorate as a result. It is a double edged sword. 

10 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Fans said that by the end of that tour he seemed drunk-ish at lives, probably because of all the painkillers he took before performing :/

Ah that breaks my heart.

I used to love D more than anything and they're still important band to me. Lately I just haven't found their music too special (I've been listening them since 2008) and haven't been following their actions so actively. The Alice in Wonderland sure is interesting... but  in smaller portions.  Now it has continued too long for my liking. I wish that they would return to vampire theme soon - it's much more original for them.

I actually quite enjoyed the new album and found it pretty fun overall. People not too enamored with the newer style they took won't like it, but I thought it was well done enough. I found it more appealing that Kingdom at least (which I still like).

I recently went through their more or less entire discog (excluding live-distributed singles, if they have any), and their albums are typically not good at all, save for 7th rose

however once in every 5 or 6 years they are delivering with either singles or b-sides;

so far, birth and 妖奇譚 (oh god oh god oh god) got me stanninggggggg again.

Well I agree that 7th Rose is good at least. Actually, that's probably my second favorite album from them; the title track is ridiculously awesome.

No love for Neo Culture though? I though everyone liked that album.