suji

☆2018 Predictions☆

I actually predict Rey (ex-Avanchick) will be part of a new band, atm he's part of a band doing mediocre Gazette covers, but who knows.

NOAH (ex Avanchick, NOAH PROJECT) will do okay with his new solo work but past drama will hold him back.

Gazette album will be a mediocre Dogma 2.0 with extra toxic era bleep bloops (I'm counting on it)

Arlequin will continue slaying as per usual, it'd be wishful thinking if I said they'd go major, but I'd love to see that.

MIZTAVLA recruit a new drummer, I wonder if Greiva's drummer will fill in after Fumiya's passing (R.I.P) as he supported them the other night I believe.

TAKE NO BREAK disband after incredibly poor reception, YOMI actually takes a break, or revives Igaguri Chiba to make another Golden Bomber parody single

Crucifixion joins Starwave Records.

Liki (Synk;yet) back in a new band w/ Rin (ex. Misaruka), Sawah (ex. Misaruka) (maybe azami)

Hiro (Visage, Varyl) back in continual sessions.

D new limited single w/ poor concept.

BIDOH (ex. ELYSION) new band + joins on Resonance under SUI hands.

Kisaki several "revival events" 

Yuuki (ex. DOAK) new band (october/november 2018) +1st release on December.

MerryBadend disband.

Misaruka "one-day revival"

I have been so out of the loop that the only prediction I can make is more of a hope, but;

-Mako will make more solo appearances at various concerts.

On 18/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, madygrain said:

There will be anime in 2018 and FLOW will make songs for it.

Edit: we get rewards for being right, right?

Ok let's do something a bit more interesting

• LSN will release a full 12 new  tracks album.
  • Jakigan Meister will release 1 single, then one album, 9 new substantial no intro/SE tracks.
  • DAV will release 2 singles. They won't blow anyone away.
  • Metronome will release a new single.
  • Neither Penicillin or Stereo CK will release anything this year.
  • Take no Break will not disband and will release 1 more single before the end of 2018.
  • BAROQUE will release an album in the second half of the year.
  • Ex.Megamasso Ryohei will have a new band.
  • Ex. boogieman gu. Akira will confirm he has completely left the scene by remaining silent.
  • Kiryu will go on hiatus.
  • Morrie wil have a new album.
  • Jupiter won't get a new vo., it will just fade away.
  • Megaromania will come back.
Edited by madygrain

They have been doing well for a long long time. That's why precisely they will want to branch off and get some rest. It's a gut feeling more than a well reasoned prediction.

Edited by madygrain

• DEZERT and XAA-XAA don't disband
  • Another year where former Kagrra, members don't return to music
  • LUNA SEA remains the best visual kei band to have ever existed
  • A new art-kei™ supergroup is formed
  • La'cryma Christi returns in some form
  • MUCC releases a couple of singles; as always, they suck
  • The HeaRt revival never goes anywhere
  • heidi. finally gives up and kaisans
  • Janne Da Arc remain dead
  • One of aie's projects disbands
  • More disbands; Sugar reforms
  • YOSHIKI will continue to give interviews saying "every time I'm on stage, I might die"
  • VK remains mostly garbage

On 31/12/2017 at 11:19 PM, platy said:

Yoshiki will collab with either Miyavi or Kanye West

I like how these are the only two options.

On 01/01/2018 at 7:44 PM, madygrain said:

Kiryu will go on hiatus.

No they won't, unless someone gets hurt. Which would be my prediction.

• Someone in Kiryu will be injured, possibly in a music-related way (carpal tunnel, voice cords getting wrecked etc.) forcing them to have a hiatus
  • We will continue to hear absolute fuck nothing from HIKARU (Kameleo), Rame (Black Gene), Shun (Vidoll) and CO- (FUTURISM BOYZ)
  • KISAKI will try to be relevant again in some scammy ass way

PS Company will finally give up any pretense of being anything other than GazettE’s management. They will change their name to BlackMoral Enterprises and their remaining non-Gaze acts (Rave and Kra at this point, I think) will quietly be shuttled off elsewhere within Free Will.

Mejibray’s disbandment will become official. Tzu and Koichi will be silent all year. Meto will join an all-star band one-off project. MiA will do a lot of fashion shoots and appear as a session guitarist with a couple of acts.

Codomo Dragon will leave BP Records as a direct result of Kanagate. BP goes into panic mode since Kiryu’s future rests on the state of Mahiro’s vision issues and Royz nearly disbanded at least once. They will sign a neo-oshare act and force them to release even more material than their established bands.

Sakito will do another nude/semi-nude layout to promote his latest Jakigan Meister release and look hotter than most J-rockers a decade-plus younger than him.

A band with a substantial international following (possibly DIAURA) will sign with a major label and unleash a torrent of discourse about whether they’re going to be “ruined.” 

Edited by Boots

28 minutes ago, Boots said:

BPR goes into panic mode since Kiryu’s future rests on the state of Mahiro’s vision issues

Whaaat? Did he even wrote about anything vision issues?  I read every tweet and he didn't mention anything like thaat

18 minutes ago, Reikatsumi said:

Whaaat? Did he even wrote about anything vision issues?  I read every tweet and he didn't mention anything like thaat

I don’t recall a specific tweet, but the band did release a statement when they raised their cheki prices saying it was because Mahiro has a retina degeneration disease and his eyes are super-sensitive to light, therefore he could take fewer pictures.

On 12/31/2017 at 11:19 PM, platy said:

~MEJIBRAY official break-up

~MiA releases a solo single/mini 

~pentagon becomes an idol group OR make a full come back to spooky-kei. But I'm betting more on them going the idol/oshare route.

~ DEZERT causes mass disappointment, goes quiet for most of the year.

~ Drama with Chiaki.

~Gazette album splits the fandom

~xaa-xaa disbands

~Drama with 0.1g gosan 

~Purple Stone disband

~The Gallo releases something fresh and goes into hibernation again

~Single from sukekiyo

~ Yumeleep singer goes away

~ Akinori gets involved with another weed-related 'scandal'

~ POIDOL barely gets any popularity. They will break up by 2019.

~Mamireta disbands :cry:

~Orcalade disbands or come back with a KILLER release

~No sight of that x-japan album

~Yoshiki will collab with either Miyavi or Kanye West

What else can I tick off by the end of the year?

On 12/17/2017 at 9:07 PM, suji said:

my predictions

-new single(s) or another EP from marco - preferably a full album 🙏🙏🙏

-new singles from merry with gara continuing to serve THOTful lewks

-new singles or maybe an EP from david??? ;O

-megaromania full-blown comeback, produced by sui himself (if the rumors about a new single are true???)

-sui basically slaying 2018 with both david & megaromania wrapped around his finger

-moar poorly produced singles from labaiser, largely thanks to starwave, and hopefully another awesome EP to make up for it

-definitely gonna go broke for these bitches especially after i graduate

-kisaki actually manages to revive mirage for about 2-3 yrs before everyone turns 60 (at least)...

-insanity injection finally puts themselves out of their misery & disbands

-danger gang goes on hiatus/disbands???

-🙏🙏still praying for exist trace to flop out of existence already🙏🙏

-moi dix mois finally squeezes out their hastily-done album from their anal orifices

-z probably makes another flop band project cuz fuck art cube i guess

-deviloof continues to snatch cockturnal buttlust's brutal-kei crown 👑

:OOO

On 10/3/2018 at 5:45 PM, platy said:

What else can I tick off by the end of the year?

Unfortunately, Purple Stone disband

Fortunately, sukekiyo single. 

On 12/18/2017 at 11:45 PM, Duwang said:

- XAA-XAA disbands  They've proven to be too stubborn to break up. When I wrote this they were in bad shape, though. Glad they proved me wrong.
- If XAA-XAA doesn't disband before September: XAA-XAA/DADAROMA twoman tour #3.  They did a twoman tour with Neverland instead because DADAROMA went on hiatus.
- Whenever XAA-XAA disbands: Kazuki and Reiya will form a new band.  xax is still going strong

- DEZERT will continue to suck MUCC dick and release crap.  Nailed it.
- Kizu will have a oneman either at Akasaka Blitz or Tsutaya O-EAST.  They did Zepp which is even bigger.

- JILUKA will have their 6th official oneman become their 11th or 12th actual oneman.  

- DADAROMA will continue to pump out releases of varying quality in short intervals.  

- There will be some sort of drama related to 0.1g no Gosan.  No surprise there.

- Mejibray will be done for good as of the 22nd.  Maybe not next year but in 2019 Tsuzuku and Koichi will form a new band.  They made a new band earlier than I estimated though.
- Some ex-bandman will open a cat cafe. ??? (There's still time)

These Nightmare-related predictions were really on point or close though, lol. 

• LSN will release a full 12 new  tracks album --> We actually get a 6 song mini album
  • Jakigan Meister will release 1 single, then one album --> On point. We get one mini album and one more single before the year ends.
  • Take no Break will not disband and will release 1 more single before the end of 2018 --> On point.
  • Sakito will do another nude/semi-nude layout to promote his latest Jakigan Meister release and look hotter than most J-rockers a decade-plus younger than him --> Not nude, but definitely suggestive. I think that's his norm now. He still looks great.

As far as Take No Break/Yomi goes, Oremind was actually good, imo. And so was the ROUGE song he did for that video game. I thought they might get better now, but Dirty_white was unimpressive again. He really should take that break though, his vocals still sound awful. 

On 1/1/2018 at 6:01 PM, saishuu said:
  • YOSHIKI will continue to give interviews saying "every time I'm on stage, I might die"
  • VK remains mostly garbage

Sadly, this is the best summary of 2018 for vk so far.

On 1/1/2018 at 6:01 PM, saishuu said:
  • A new art-kei™ supergroup is formed

Still wanting this to happen someday. VK started progressively to lose any artistic value in the last 10 years (if it could be said it still had any).

On 12/29/2017 at 2:13 PM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

-Pentagon move closer to becoming a visual idol group, eventually dropping all ties with the scene in general 🦑

-Versailles members focus on their respective solo projects and then decide to release something later on in the year after they remember it's been over 15 months since their Budokan hype 🦑

-Related, Teru releases a solo single 🦑 (No single, but he did have solo performances)

-Erina releases another solo single that no one will buy / remember he even made solo music  (unless David counts)

-Satsuki keeps trying to be a visionary 

-Another vkei app of some sort (dating sim / paint-by-number game / A button that goes straight to PSC's gofundme page) 

-Shimizuya closes 

-Some sort of Scarlet Club-releated one-time event  happens and I'm mad about it because I couldn't be there

-Crucifixion joins Starwave 

-A string of bands that start emulating early 2000's vkei spring up (Mucc / Kagerou / Kaggrra, / D'espa / Merry homage-kei) 🦑

-Oshare-kei begins to make a comeback 🦑

-A new mad wink. band  (We just lost the last one instead)

-Someone in a proto-vkei band (D'erlanger, zi:kill, color, silver~rose, Dead end, etc) dies 🦑 (LBR, they're all one foot in)

It's still early, yet! But here's how close I was so far.

= nailed it

= nope

🦑= Close!!!

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

16 hours ago, thom35 said:

XA-VAT will announce hiatus/disband

this already happened at dog vs galaxies lol they're on hiatus now