suji

☆2018 Predictions☆

Whew! 2017 just about flew by~!

There were a lot of hiccups, a buttload of disbandment announcements, and even fewer bands that actually left their own impact this year. I admit this year wasn't as impressive for jrock as a whole, but that doesn't mean the cool stuff should be left out either! I mean, Sui (ex-Megaromania~Lin) making an epic return as a solo artist? MUCC's release frenzy? Marco going all out?! Virge actually being awesome? Yass!

What do you think 2018 will have in store for visual kei? Some memorable newcomers? Veterans coming back stronger than ever? Even more shocking disbandments?! (well that's a given) Or maybe, some better luck musicwise???

Get out your shiny crystal balls ;3 and voice your predictions below!

my predictions

-new single(s) or another EP from marco - preferably a full album 🙏🙏🙏

-new singles from merry with gara continuing to serve THOTful lewks ✨

-new singles or maybe an EP from david??? ;O

-megaromania full-blown comeback, produced by sui himself (if the rumors about a new single are true???)

-sui basically slaying 2018 with both david & megaromania wrapped around his finger

-moar poorly produced singles from labaiser, largely thanks to starwave, and hopefully another awesome EP to make up for it

-definitely gonna go broke for these bitches especially after i graduate

-kisaki actually manages to revive mirage for about 2-3 yrs before everyone turns 60 (at least)...

-insanity injection finally puts themselves out of their misery & disbands

-danger gang goes on hiatus/disbands???

-🙏🙏still praying for exist trace to flop out of existence already🙏🙏

-moi dix mois finally squeezes out their hastily-done album from their anal orifices

-z probably makes another flop band cuz fuck art cube i guess

-deviloof continues to snatch cockturnal buttlust's brutal-kei crown 👑

1 hour ago, suji said:

-deviloof continues to snatch cockturnal buttlust's brutal-kei crown 👑

this, and

- i can't see initial'L doing much more with their basic ass looks and lamestream pop music... so, disbandment? or a VERY slow year... tbh, i'd like to see satoshi in a solo project or in another band

- the gazette's new album will leave me dead in a ditch because it'll hopefully be around as heavy/good as dogma was

- more brootal-kei qeddeshit copies will start popping up? we have DELUCIDE now, let's see how they fare in 2018...

I'm interested in the label BLOOM at the moment. DiSPINA seems like a good band, and XIII-Destructive Agent of Jap is awesome as hell. I think we'll get some good releases from DiSPINA, but IDK about XIII, since they seem to be slow on stuff. 

Kuroyuri will sadly go.. and Kuro is probably going to retire his ass. (Hopefully K and Mei will go on. Especially Mei, we need him)

RANDS finally does something. 

Some bandman dies

GossiP will eventually disband. And well.. yeah AINS will have only one band by then, unless Yukika manages to get some bands. 

- the GazettE's new album will KILL ME

- DIR EN GREY will announce a new album, and maybe a single to go with it

- Royz, 己龍, and コドモドラゴン will all release new albums, one week apart from each other; the コドモドラゴン album will be pretty awesome, the Royz one will be br00tal but also boyband-ish, the 己龍 one will kind of suck and be obnoxious with the synthesised bullshit; there will be a formula to these albums

- More on BP Records, their sound engineers will take the loudness war and The Art of Garbage Production Quality to a whole new level; they will not be fired for the atrocities they have been committing since ~2015

- THE NOVEMBERS new album/mini-album because they have to

- New lynch. album because they have to

- New 凛として時雨 album; Miyoko and Pierre will not shine enough on this album, TK will wrongfully hog the spotlight

- Plastic Tree will release something, they might announce an album

- Think NoGoD can't get worse? Think again! They can, and will

The Japanese government finally outlaws br00tal kei entirely, thereby saving the entire music scene

because they still didnt fucking do it this year like i hoped they would lmao

Edited by Tokage

- DIR EN GREY announces a new studio album, its time!

- new singles or maybe an EP from ORCALADE

- The GazettE's new Album will be a beast

- new stuff from Yuuki (ex-Unsraw/DOAK)

baboo will be the biggest  selling  band  ever this year!

another yoshiki latte  bullshit  project will occur

Reign will get better thanks to "possessed by the spirit of keith moon" new drummer

Mejibray will disband

r-shitei will collect mass panties for malice mizer to reunite

Jun (Gotcharocka), Jui (Gotcharocka)  ,Miku (An  Cafe) and Teruki (An Cafe) will continue to not look like they're damn near 40.

- MUCC will drop a new release two days after they go back from hiatus and go on a European tour

- Kizu will release an album and it's gonna be great but not extraordinary 

- Xaa Xaa disbandment/hiatus (I hope not but they've had their share of struggles this year)

- or just release some very mediocre singles before getting their shit together?

- Some DEZERT-related drama - seems like the industry is expecting a lot of them these days

- or they'll just release a half-assed album

- or the best album in the history of vkei lol

- Yoshiki will step up his social media celebrity game and start a vlogging channel 

Edited by qotka

- Yoshiki will make some lame excuse to not release the album... again.

- Hyde will release a bunch of stuff solo and will tour with Vamps' members.

- The GazettE's new release will slay everyone.

- Kisaki will be caught in yet another fraud or drama.

- Mejibray will disband and Tsuzuku will be found dead somewhere. (Not wishful thinking at all, just a hunch.)

- Xaa Xaa will continue their series of hit-miss releases.

- Jiluka will kill me again, but the cause of death better be a full album.

- Morrigan will release yet another mini album sounding just like everything else and we will love it just like everything else.

- Amabo and ZigZag will still not drop a regular release we can actually get our hands on.

- Gossip will disband. So will Dimlim.

- JaY will still not make it as an official Matenrou Opera member.

- Yusai members will form another band. Won't make it till the end of the year.

- KEEL's new release will be really good and they'll leave us wanting for more while Ryo keeps singing for Kozi's lame-ass project.
- D will continue to slay with remembrances of old releases.

- Kizu will release an EP or a full album and it will be mediocre. Much like Lin Tosite Shigure's last outputs.
- 0.1 no Gosan will be involved in some serious drama with their gya. 
- Diealo calls it quits. Naru starts another band.
- Lix. returns yet are barely noticed.
- Half the bands formed this year will disband.
- Sui will attempt to gain fame and will fall into oblivion.
- Yukika will file for bankrupcy after losing most of their bands.
- La'Veil Mizeria will keep teasing with short releases.

- Malice Mizer's revival will either be a fiasco or cancelled.

Edited by Komorebi

I second @qotkare: XAA-XAA disbanding. I don't want them to but I  see it happening in the second half of the year, unfortunately. 

Also:
- If XAA-XAA doesn't disband before September: XAA-XAA/DADAROMA twoman tour #3.
- Whenever XAA-XAA disbands: Kazuki and Reiya will form a new band.

- DEZERT will continue to suck MUCC dick and release crap.
- Kizu will have a oneman either at Akasaka Blitz or Tsutaya O-EAST.

- JILUKA will have their 6th official oneman become their 11th or 12th actual oneman.

- DADAROMA will continue to pump out releases of varying quality in short intervals.

- There will be some sort of drama related to 0.1g no Gosan. 

- Mejibray will be done for good as of the 22nd.  Maybe not next year but in 2019 Tsuzuku and Koichi will form a new band.
- Some ex-bandman will open a cat cafe.

5 hours ago, Takato said:

new stuff from Yuuki (ex-Unsraw/DOAK)

already there...there're samples in the news section

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

- Gossip will disband. So will Dimlim.

tenor.gif

- the GazettE's new album will divide the fan base, as usual.

- RAZOR will release a full album at last, or at least record all the songs they've been playing for months already.

- MEIDARA will find a new bassist and continue to make awesome music, or disband, which would suck.

- L from T3B/BALALAIKA will make another unsuccessful band.

- ex-Grieva members will return to the scene in some form or other.

- dadaism#4.

- Kizu will continue to release singles with split tracks rather than just making an EP/album.

- DELUHI will have a one-off revival live. (Juri and Aggy's project vanished without any releases, and FED's new single B-side is called 'farewell'...?)

- GACKT will release one single to remind everyone that he still does music.

- ex-CodeRebirth Katsuya will find a vocalist and his new band will slay.

- llll-Ligro- will quietly release a phenomenal album that no-one listens to.

- ONE OK ROCK will release another album all in English. (Or surprise hiatus since two of their members got married this year/are starting families).

- LOVEBITES will tour Europe. (They already played two shows in London last month).

More predictions:

. Either Dir en grey, the Gazette or some other long-lasting band will get a tribute album absolutely nobody asked for, and according to the unofficial rules of VK tribute albums, most of the covers will be horrible.

. cali gari release 14 (and hopefully it's on par with 13). Either that, or - against all odds - LAB. THE BASEMENT unexpectedly releases something new

. Mako graduates from making cameo appearances at his friends' lives to actually releasing new studio material in some form.

. Kuroyuri To Kaisan.

. DEZERT continues their rapid decline into mediocrity.

. The Gallo come back to life and release at least like a mini-album or something.

. Liphlich release like 5 albums in one year and still nobody on here will bother to check them out.

. Ains inevitably shuts down due to lack of signed artists.

. The FLOPPY boys hopefully get off their asses and release something together again, it's been like three years or something....

. Sioux disbands.

. Temari comes back with an actual 'proper' full-time band.

. Miyavi ends up as a judge on some talent show

. Mamireta, Tensai and other new buzz bands will probably be gone by the time 2018's over

-Pentagon move closer to becoming a visual idol group, eventually dropping all ties with the scene in general 

-Versailles members focus on their respective solo projects and then decide to release something later on in the year after they remember it's been over 15 months since their Budokan hype

-Related, Teru releases a solo single

-Erina releases another solo single that no one will buy / remember he even made solo music

-Satsuki keeps trying to be a visionary

-Another vkei app of some sort (dating sim / paint-by-number game / A button that goes straight to PSC's gofundme page)

-Shimizuya closes

-Some sort of Scarlet Club-releated one-time event  happens and I'm mad about it because I couldn't be there

-Crucifixion joins Starwave

-A string of bands that start emulating early 2000's vkei spring up (Mucc / Kagerou / Kaggrra, / D'espa / Merry homage-kei)

-Oshare-kei begins to make a comeback

-A new mad wink. band

-Someone in a proto-vkei band (D'erlanger, zi:kill, color, silver~rose, Dead end, etc) dies

~MEJIBRAY official break-up

~MiA releases a solo single/mini 

~pentagon becomes an idol group OR make a full come back to spooky-kei. But I'm betting more on them going the idol/oshare route.

~ DEZERT causes mass disappointment, goes quiet for most of the year.

~ Drama with Chiaki.

~Gazette album splits the fandom

~xaa-xaa disbands

~Drama with 0.1g gosan 

~Purple Stone disband

~The Gallo releases something fresh and goes into hibernation again

~Single from sukekiyo

~ Yumeleep singer goes away

~ Akinori gets involved with another weed-related 'scandal'

~ POIDOL barely gets any popularity. They will break up by 2019.

~Mamireta disbands :cry:

~Orcalade disbands or come back with a KILLER release

~No sight of that x-japan album

~Yoshiki will collab with either Miyavi or Kanye West

- DEVIZE members will start a new band

- Merry Badend will break up (But not before JUNE, they  will play at Kansai summer rocket. lol)

- MEJIBRAY official breakup

- Yumeleep will break up 

- Merry Badend and Yumeleep members will form a new band.

- Rizu will turn into a formal band

- DEZERT will (finally) break up

- XAA-XAA disbandment

- DEVILOOF will release another album

- KIZU will going major

- Lix. return will be a failure, in the end nobody will care.

- DAV will hit up the vkei of now days with real good music. which others will follow.

Edited by BrenGun

3 hours ago, platy said:

~MiA releases a solo single/mini 

Please yes, I need this!!

3 hours ago, platy said:

~Gazette album splits the fandom

LOL of course it will xD

- DADAROMA's mini-album will also split the fandom

- DIMLIM will either struggle with finding new members and slowly fade into abyss, or get some kickass new members and make some of the best tracks of the year

If xaa-xaa disband this year, I will not be okay. Shimizuya closing would be nice; they murdered Lycaon and AvelCain.

Kizu better be working on an album right now. I wanna hype those guys but I need fuel