cvltic

Setsuna (ex. THE EGOIST) Arrested

55 minutes ago, platy said:

If it was a double suicide why would he do that? If she decided to end it herself that would make sense why there's so many intimate pics/vids leaked on her twitter ( a last 'fuck you').  But then... Too many questions.

In this case I guess it may be one of these situations:

- he was a dick and she got angry at him and killed herself, but for some reason he takes the blame, or made him angry and he choked her after losing control

- she was a psycho fan, who manipulated him into something evil and maybe into choking him, too

- they were going to commit a double suicide, but he freaked out and ended up not killing himself after choking her

...and before I clicked the topic I thought it was another bandguy, who fucked a minor. Now, why didn't he just say they were doing breath play bdsm and an accident happened? hahaha

1 hour ago, Nyasagi said:

In this case I guess it may be one of these situations:

- he was a dick and she got angry at him and killed herself, but for some reason he takes the blame, or made him angry and he choked her after losing control

- she was a psycho fan, who manipulated him into something evil and maybe into choking him, too

- they were going to commit a double suicide, but he freaked out and ended up not killing himself after choking her

...and before I clicked the topic I thought it was another bandguy, who fucked a minor. Now, why didn't he just say they were doing breath play bdsm and an accident happened? hahaha

I'm not sure how serious your post is, but I hope you're aware of that you're not allowed to kill someone just because you're into bdsm... 

This makes me so uncomfortable. I know weirdos can be anywhere and all but I’ve seen Egoist, I’ve got cheki of this guy. Just. Ugh.

7 hours ago, Nyasagi said:

i know her twitter was recently locked but there was plenty of evidence they were in a relationship and he was clearly fixated on her (despite his marriage). he'd even tweeted that while he'd been with other women, Uran was the only one he cared for. i honestly don't know how you could conjure up a situation where she manipulated him in this case...

anyway, the person who'd updated her twitter after her death said she was certain they were serious about the double suicide, because the message she received at 3 pm on the day of from Uran explicitly stated the plan (the police showed up at 9 because of this poster's tip and Uran was already dead). there's no reason not to trust the person who posted on Uran's account after her death, the details are consistent and another friend of hers posted a convo where Uran apologized after an earlier suicide scare on Dec 3rd. the tipster also said "the only way to know why Uran is the only one who is dead is to ask [Setsuna] himself", so him being unable to carry out his part of their plan seems the most likely.

I think they were both fixated on each other which makes for an unhealthy relationship in the first place. Throw in some suicidal tendencies for whatever reason (I'm curious about that too)  and you got a deadly mix. 

I don't think pinning it on breath play is good idea at all. It still won't excuse him from murder and the bdsm community doesn't need any more bullshit from mainstream media lol

Article 202. (Inducing or Aiding Suicide; Homicide with Consent) 

A person who induces or aids another to commit suicide, or kills another at the other's request or with other's consent, shall be punished by imprisonment with or without work for not less than 6 months but not more than 7 years.

aka even if she consented, he can face up to 7 years in prison.

big ups to jpopasia for conveniently farming a bunch of information from here for their article: http://www.jpopasia.com/feed/22632/ex-the-egoists-setsuna-admits-to-strangling-20-year-old-woman/

you listed your sources as NHK and sankei, didn't even include all the info from the sankei article, and none of them mention his identity as a bandman or the relationship between the two, his marriage. the only tweets you mention from the now locked twitter are the ones mentioned here.

>Details on the relationship between him and Uran were revealed by her friend who called the police. She posted photos of LINE conversations and more between Setsuna and Uran via Uran's twitter account for which she has the login data.

this isn't even correct, Uran herself posted all this stuff before she died, but because you were too slow to pick up the story before the acc was locked you don't even know that! eat me tbh.

now let me add the new info from sankei:
An autopsy was ordered. She was found on her futon, her room was locked, there were no signs anyone had been through her belongings, there was a handwritten suicide note and some unused charcoal briquettes.
www.sankei.com/region/news/171212/rgn1712120019-n1.html

41 minutes ago, suji said:

jpoopasia is such a fucking farce, almost as bad as shattered tranquility and all these other overseas "news sites"

why won't we create a real news site then, beside MH? o.o

But yeah what all happened, just leave it up to the police. and maybe we will even know the truth later on too, if not, so be it.

love stories can have a sad bad end. 

Edited by BrenGun

According to the tweets that were posted on Uran's twitter after her death, despite his marriage Setsuna and Uran were in a relationship and had planned to commit double suicide. In Japan there's even a special word for double suicide out of love. Some people consider it as romantic since they leave the world together and might be able to be together in their next life.

journalism

1 hour ago, cvltic said:

now let me add the new info from sankei:
An autopsy was ordered. She was found on her futon, her room was locked, there were no signs anyone had been through her belongings, there was a handwritten suicide note and some unused charcoal briquettes.
www.sankei.com/region/news/171212/rgn1712120019-n1.html

If her room was locked, does that mean she choked herself? Didn't Keisuke already confess? What's the relevance of the charcoal briquettes? So many questions.

I find it very disturbing that things like burning charcoal briquettes have been used for suicide.

Just read this entire thread. Had no idea this was top news in the VK scene.

Props to @cvlticfor looking into this.

I believe this has to do with low car ownership in Hong Kong, where this method originates from; in the west they'd fire up a car engine and put an exhaust pipe extension into the car, shutting the windows tight.

will visual kei appropriate a hongkonese app that locates rental apartments with history of inhabitant suicides, including the abovementioned method? is akasaka blitz haunted by the hopes of Dir en grey fans who perished while waiting for good releases?

does the ghost of Akira (ex-Baroque) relevancy spook drunk bangyas who loiter in the streets late?

this is soooo last year but Setsuna went on trial a year after his arrest and he only got...3 1/2 years in prison, plus hard labor.

tl;dr Setsuna testified that Uran asked him to help her commit suicide, and since that statement couldn't be verified as truthful or not, the court accepted that he killed her upon request and sentenced him to that short amount of time instead of the recommended 13 years in prison.

https://www.jpopasia.com/feed/25678/egoists-setsuna/