Sign in to follow this  
plastic_rainbow

Drummer Takada will depart MONO

Why is that shocking? Band members comes and band members goes. Normal.

Don't think this will cause any problems at all. They'll probably get a new drummer and continue on as if nothing happened, and no one will notice a single difference.

Good luck to him. Hope it's nothing bad that makes him leave.

sure band members leave all the time, but this came as rather shocking to me too. they've been going on strong with the same four members for a long time...

hope they'll find a replacement soon.

On 09/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, Bear said:

Why is that shocking? Band members comes and band members goes. Normal.

Err, sure, in most cases, I'd agree, but this band's been the same four people for 17 years solid.

For fans, this is like Bill Berry quitting R.E.M. or, uh, Zayn quitting One Direction.

Fans, like, eh, me, you mean? But nah, I don't think this will have a lot to say unless they decide to disband because of it. If they decide they'll find a new drummer the show will go on and no one will care about the change.

Or it's compareable to when Shinichi left Sigh after 22 years in the band or when Temis Osmond left Sabbat after 15 years. Don't quote me on this, but as far as I've gathered from interviews with all the bands both Shinichi and Temis Osmond had a lot more to say about their band's sound than Yasunori Takada ever has had.

So yeah, I don't believe this will change anything at all, unless they of course decides to disband or continue without a drummer. The latter I don't think will happen. And if they continue they'll sounds like the same Mono we all love.

24 minutes ago, Bear said:

Fans, like, eh, me, you mean? But nah, I don't think this will have a lot to say unless they decide to disband because of it. If they decide they'll find a new drummer the show will go on and no one will care about the change.

Heh. Wasn't sure if you were just an onlooker desensitized by the revolving door of visual kei, so touché on that one. But yeah, I don't expect this to change a damned thing either - certainly didn't stop R.E.M. or 1D (unfortunately). Still. I understand the sense of shock, especially with lack of a statement or anything. Knowing how invested some post-rock fanboys/girls are in these groups, it's gonna feel a bit like being dumped by text.

Edited by Vercingetorix

Sign in to follow this