Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Charisma.com to go on indefinite hiatus, DJ Gonchi to quit

Charisma.com have announced that they will enter indefinite hiatus on January 27th after their one-man live at Zepp TOKYO, and at time DJ Gonchi will withdraw from band activities and retire from music. Her stated reason is to take over the family business. 

They will release the best album "Charisma.BEST" on January 10th, and will hold a one-man live at Osaka · BIGCAT on January 12th and at Zepp Tokyo on January 27th. Tickets for both shows are now on sale.

https://natalie.mu/music/news/260166

so being in a major pop band doesn't pay shit either these days?

get money, business-minded queen

I'm very sad and from here I'm only hoping they won't replace her with a cishet boi and call it a ~new era~ or smth

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

I'm very sad and from here I'm only hoping they won't replace her with a cishet boi and call it a ~new era~ or smth

If anything itsuka might continue meliyas

I'm not feeling this subway station BGM in the spot, and idk where to look for this (jpopsuki?), but itsuka's other creative collabs are v. suspect judging by what youtube has around:

charisma lucked out on music producers while they lastedT

--

oh I found itsuka's samples

https://www.amazon.co.jp/MAJO-EP-メリヤス♀/dp/B008KZ04T4/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_2

she can keep iT.

Edited by nekkichi

That's awful, I hope you guys that like them to get the best album and/or that the girls find new projects to be in.

It looks like Zepp Tokyo is being the disband/hiatus standing from a lot recently.

Once they went major, I knew it was bound to happen. Even their last album Not Not Me didn't have that Charisma sound and it felt like Gonchi had like little to no part in the DJ/music aspect of it. Really sad tho, all their stuff was bangerz and I'm so upset to lose them and the creative influence they had on j-pop

12 hours ago, nekkichi said:

Doesn't sound like the motive is 100% fiscal - the whole "family business" aspect suggests Confucian obligation.

16 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

Doesn't sound like the motive is 100% fiscal - the whole "family business" aspect suggests Confucian obligation.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but idt confucianism prohibits appointing a manager while she's occupied with a music career, I still think it's $$$.

4 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I'm not sure what you mean here, but idt confucianism prohibits appointing a manager while she's occupied with a music career, I still think it's $$$.

(Yeah, sorry, that first reply was a tad first-year Lit student)
Basically, I reckon she's been pressured by the obsession with 'keeping things in the family' many Japanese businesses have to ditch the music career. Wouldn't surprise me if her family saw her music career as an extended 'gap year' between graduating and joining the family firm.

Edited by Vercingetorix

Sign in to follow this