p0pp3r

VK Fans In Canada?? ヽ(゜∇゜ヽ)

Hi everyone! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
I'm just wondering if there are other VK fans in Canada? (well, Vancouver to be precise)
The sad thing is, even though I got a bunch of online Vk  buddies on facebook/twitter, literally everyone is either in the Europe area or in the States...absolutely noone remotely close to me or even in the same country.  Ofcourse, the Vk page on facebook are filled with users far away as well smh.
It'd be great if I had some fellow fans living nearby to chat or get together once in a while so I'm just taking a chance and asking here~ (>.<)

Yes I do see the odd goth/punk style folk here who "might"like VK as well but I do not have the balls to start a convo with a stranger on the street LOL. 

On a similar note, do you guys have trouble finding VK friends nearby or am I just in an unlucky area?  

I'm from Canada, but I live in Toronto. I know there are a lot of Canadians on this forum, but not sure how many are in the western provinces. 

I've met quite a few Japanese music fans around here, although not that many specifically into VK. Japanese language classes are the easiest place to find them, in my experience. I'm too shy to initiate conversations at concerts, so it was helpful that I had to talk to the people in my class to pass. XD

I live in Alberta, and I like to think I pretty much know everyone here who likes VK that's over 20 (and there's not that many of us lol) Whether I actually like them or not, that's an entirely different story ; )

I have a group of about 6 friends that's into VK about as much as I am (mostly older bands, around the ten year mark) and have been for at least a decade, but it's hard to meet anyone new with the same interests in cowboy land, so I feel ya.

i'm canadian too, but i'm in northern ontario. it's lonely here lmao

5 hours ago, violetchain said:

I'm from Canada, but I live in Toronto. I know there are a lot of Canadians on this forum, but not sure how many are in the western provinces. 

I've met quite a few Japanese music fans around here, although not that many specifically into VK. Japanese language classes are the easiest place to find them, in my experience. I'm too shy to initiate conversations at concerts, so it was helpful that I had to talk to the people in my class to pass. XD

You are lucky. Japanese language classes here are full of otakus but barely anyone (esp for guys) are vk fans lol. I'm Japanese anyway so I can't really go to jp classes in the first place XD 

1 hour ago, zombieparadise said:

I live in Alberta, and I like to think I pretty much know everyone here who likes VK that's over 20 (and there's not that many of us lol) Whether I actually like them or not, that's an entirely different story ; )

I have a group of about 6 friends that's into VK about as much as I am (mostly older bands, around the ten year mark) and have been for at least a decade, but it's hard to meet anyone new with the same interests in cowboy land, so I feel ya.

I get what u mean haha not every fan is friend material, I admit a fair portion of big vk fans (including me) are weird in various ways -_-  How'd u meet your friends? I'm assuming at a concert?

56 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

i'm canadian too, but i'm in northern ontario. it's lonely here lmao

Yeah tell me about it it's depressing having 0 friends with similar music taste nearby :( 

i'm in AB, originally from SK though... i've accidentally met 1 vk fan in both provinces. that's it.
there's got to be more in Edmonton since occasionally bands got to the local con but i haven't been personally.

i know hella toronto/montreal fans online, though!

7 hours ago, platy said:

@jiji94is Canadian. If I'm not mistaken that is... 

Yup, I am! I live in NB. Despite the small population, I know I'm not the only vk fan out this way. lol

6 hours ago, cvltic said:

i'm in AB, originally from SK though... i've accidentally met 1 vk fan in both provinces. that's it.
there's got to be more in Edmonton since occasionally bands got to the local con but i haven't been personally.

i know hella toronto/montreal fans online, though!

You're right. it seems everyone is in the Ontario region...I guess it's simply not popular amongst ppl in western Canada 

3 hours ago, jiji94 said:

Yup, I am! I live in NB. Despite the small population, I know I'm not the only vk fan out this way. lol

Wow NB!!Must be even tougher than me to find VK friends┌(;・_・)┘

8 hours ago, JukaForever said:

I am in Vancity as well. I know some people that are into jrock but nothing to the point VK except X Japan.

How rare haha you're just the 4th person I know here that's a VK fan.  Whereabouts in Van?  

21 hours ago, p0pp3r said:

I get what u mean haha not every fan is friend material, I admit a fair portion of big vk fans (including me) are weird in various ways -_-  How'd u meet your friends? I'm assuming at a concert?

All over, but no one at concerts strangely enough. Online usually I suppose.

The weird thing is the amount of bands we've had here in AB and it still hasn't made a big dent or garnered interest. NoGoD, An Cafe, umbrella, NOIZ, and a bunch of VK indie bands, amongst other big acts like FLOW. It's super depressing actually.

The people at these cons are usually all otaku, happy to be trapped in their anime abyss lol

20 hours ago, p0pp3r said:

Wow NB!!Must be even tougher than me to find VK friends┌(;・_・)┘

Haha I guess. Most people I know who've been in VK were converted by me sooo. I've kind of shifted out of vk in the past few years but I still meet people who used to be vk fans at one point in their lives. I've worked with exchange students from Japan and some of them have been casual vk fans.

1 hour ago, p0pp3r said:

Wow same here (゜∀゜)!! In Brentwood area

Wow that is really close, I am just like one skytrain over, Holdom

Well PM me if you wanna meet up sometime, it'd be cool

1 hour ago, JukaForever said:

Wow that is really close, I am just like one skytrain over, Holdom

Well PM me if you wanna meet up sometime, it'd be cool

Wtf....I'm by Holdom. A few min walk up Save On Foods. Cool yet creepyXD Did u go to Alpha or Burnaby North?

On 2017-12-06 at 3:09 PM, rebelstrik said:

I think this dude is from Canada and likes vkei 

I'm from Toronto too and was also at this versailles show. got to fist bump hizaki and my side of the crowd got kamijo to laugh~

I'm not really a fan of this guy's reaction vids but I'm glad he enjoyed the show :) I hope they come back soon.

didn't manage to watch DeG in 2015 when they made a stopover, which I regret. I need to see them once in my life at least. they were my first vkei love.

Edited by shiyouka

I'm from Toronto area. I don't know anyone who seriously likes J-pop, let alone VK. Then again, I am a serious loner who doesn't know many people and doesn't care to meet more. I had a brief phase where I tried to spread VK to my facebook friends. I was mostly ignored. They were way more interested in shitty K-pop. GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY Fuck that. 

Only VK live I've been to is D'espairsRay when they came to Toronto in .... 2010? Wow that was a while ago. It was a pretty small crowd, and 3 of them were just my friends that I forced to come with me. None of them enjoyed the concert. (but one girl did say Hizumi had a nice voice)