Jiyo

UPDATE: lll-Ligro- album cancelled + will disband

10 hours ago, LIDL said:

That doesn't make sense to me, wouldn't they need time to press it into CDs, and even more time to distribute it to stores and online shops?

How many copies do you think III-ligro would press? That ammount you do in a morning, another day or two delivering to the distribution center of said stores. That assuming they didn't have any recording deals, which would make things even smoother. Booklet and arts comissions can be done waaaay before finalizing a record.

You are seriously oversizing this band. Think somewhere between a U2 cover band resident in a rock pub and that locals that everyone knows but don't really drag a crowd beside 30~40 friends and family. That would be accurate

4 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

How many copies do you think III-ligro would press? That ammount you do in a morning, another day or two delivering to the distribution center of said stores. That assuming they didn't have any recording deals, which would make things even smoother. Booklet and arts comissions can be done waaaay before finalizing a record.

You are seriously oversizing this band. Think somewhere between a U2 cover band resident in a rock pub and that locals that everyone knows but don't really drag a crowd beside 30~40 friends and family. That would be accurate

99% of VK bands summed up. Thank you :D 

Still fucking heartbroken, though.

Interestingly some stores still have the album up for pre-order under the delayed 5/30 release date. I imagine they won't be able to fulfill though if it really is cancelled. I just placed an order with Amazon and it went through OK, but I imagine I'll be getting a cancellation email in the near future.

Edited by Shmilly

With the albums constant postponements, they of course ran into the problem that plagued their band from the start, unfortunately. That would be Hinata and Kazari's habit of postponing releases for the sake of quality, I just wish they learned from the hiatus about the strain on quality. I understand you want to give your fans your very best but you can't keep missing deadlines for releases for the sake of re-recording over and over again. Because of this, I honestly feel like they haven't completed anything off the album aside from the three songs released, the two on YouTube and basket case, which was a live dist single on their 03.04.18 live.  Hinata's announcement to leave the band and refusal to finish recording was the absolute final nail in the coffin, it's really sad because hinata and kazari were striving to return as llll-ligro-from the moment they went on hiatus with their session band Jigenshiki;Uadjet (which only had two releases) which they would always released them under the session name and llll-ligro- for some reason. It seems like kazari is going form a band with the remaining members, if you haven't noticed already the twitter handle for the official ligro twitter is  @jchokzr. Which is of course all the remaining members, Jc (Jesse), ho (Hao) and kzr (Kazari). Hopefully they form a band with Yuki(ex-Malisend). I really hope Hinata doesn't leave the scene, I really adore his  voice and I always have since early llll-ligro-. it's sadder because  that they had just came back better than they were before which was crazy because they were already amazing. This is a disbandment I'll be salty about forever, it just doesn't feel fair to anyone. 

I got a refund to my paypal account from CDJapan yesterday and an e-mail about cancellation where also wrote that "No details about the reason for cancellation has been provided." Oh well...

Anyway if someone is interested rest of the guys from Ligro again created individual twitter accounts.