Rouage - Bible

Onmyouza - Karyo Binga

The Yellow Monkey - The Yellow Monkey is Here New Best

L’arc en ciel- Real

B’z - Epic Day

Luna Sea - Image/Eden/Mother/Style/Shine/Lunacy/A Will/Luv

Edited by GreatNorthernVK
More records!

There are some copies of the Samurai Champloo soundtrack on 3xLP available via vinyl-digital. It's the 2012 repress according to the listing:

R-5144476-1385698398-2791.jpeg.jpg

Actually, there's a much more affordable repress open for pre-order from this site:

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/110020-AS044-va-samurai-champloo?fbclid=IwAR2XvWqBEjbFYWM4XoUIbtPUjU6bTmO3gb2Ez1er2f-pHDqx3WRxr7oDdv0

Edited by ghost

There's a special repress up for Meitei's Komachi. A bit pricey at around $45 USD shipped, but it looks lovely. This is worded much better so I'll just repost the description from the artist's bandcamp:

"I want to revive the soul of Japan that still sleeps in the darkness” - Meitei / 冥丁

Haunting and delicate, distant and timeless, Komachi is awash with white noise, complex field recordings and the hypnotic sounds of flowing water. Though confidently contemporary, like a bucolic J-Dilla, Komachi’s lineage can be traced back to the floating worlds of Ukiyo-e and Gagaku via the prism of 80s Japanese ambient pioneers, and 90s pastoral sample-based artists such as Susumu Yokota and Nobukazu Takemura.

Composed as individual sonic dioramas, each of the twelve tracks have been crafted to not only evoke feelings of nostalgia but to also explore the dichotomy of ancient and new in modern Japanese society. This pervasive narrative runs throughout, calling to mind the work of authors Yasunari Kawabata and Natsume Soseki, as well as the films of Yasujirō Ozu and Hayao Miyazaki, artists similarly fascinated by the reflective tranquillity that permeated traditional Japanese domestic life."

0018982366_10.jpg

0018982365_10.jpg

Buy: https://metronrecords.bandcamp.com/album/komachi

Full album

Spoiler

Edited by ghost

Princess Mononoke is up on Amazon JP. You can nab these at like $5-6 cheaper than most other US distros. First time I felt compelled to grab the symphonic suite in addition to the OST. Came out to roughly $55 shipped for the OST and $45 shipped for the SS. 

91FDsAcs3WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg&key=981dc7e99124a8b0db6a6e8ac7ddc2275610c414c184da184175da87a131c97d

Original Soundtrack 

(¥4,926 + ¥1,495 shipping)

91GCI8734pL._AC_SL1500_.jpg&key=fe765958d25417bf936b58b28be8aeea06ab1987f81dfaaabceeba00698cc87a

Symphonic Suite

(¥3,821 + ¥1,347)

91wEGIvq5LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg&key=dba0713f939e5fb791892ca329add62ea98cd2d84a637ed6d7140b2fd654e006

Image Album

(¥3,821 + ¥1,347 shipping)

I got 

X-Japan - Vanishing Vision

- X-Japan - Blue Blood

- X-Japan - Dahlia

- kamaitachi promo

-aion deathrash bouns

But at least if your want to purchase Lps or vinyls you need to know  the real sound is analogic source no digital since 1998  in short words if you took a vinyl nowadaya youre  purchased one Cd  with an acetate exterior  ..

On 11/10/2020 at 10:20 AM, Punk said:

I got 

X-Japan - Vanishing Vision

- X-Japan - Blue Blood

- X-Japan - Dahlia

- kamaitachi promo

-aion deathrash bouns

But at least if your want to purchase Lps or vinyls you need to know  the real sound is analogic source no digital since 1998  in short words if you took a vinyl nowadaya youre  purchased one Cd  with an acetate exterior  ..

Nice collection. Jealous of that Blue Blood.

I don't know if that's exactly the case. Sure, most things (if not everything) are likely recorded digitally so you lose that real analog sound (especially true for electronic music), but a lot of labels do take the care to create vinyl specific mixes so the listening experience is definitely different.

I certainly have bought some records where you can tell it's a straight transfer of CD audio onto a slab of wax and those usually sound lacking in dynamics and compressed. Metal Resistance by Babymetal and Vol. 3 by Slipknot fall in this category. Those were mixed terribly to begin with though.

Sign in to follow this