Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Japanese Vinyl Records

Are there any record collectors here? While Japanese records are far and between, I've seen an increase in re-issues of Japanese music on vinyl and thought this would be a great place to share new releases available on this format. It's hard to keep up sometimes and this would be a great way to stay up to date.

I'll start this up with some varied releases!

motk_Out_of_Body_cover_942.jpg

Mouse on the Keys - Out of Body

Jazz / Postrock / Ambient

a2715198023_16.jpg
Cohol - 裏現 (Rigen)

Black Metal / Hardcore 

DIovJiCUQAEP2YE.jpg-large_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1511299964

Puella Magi Madoka Ultimate Best

Anime / Pop

KAKASHI-FRONT.jpg

Yasuaki Shimizu – Kakashi

Jazz / Electronic

TTLG-SLEEVE-2500x2500-WEB-2.jpg

Midori Takada – Through The Looking Glass

Ambient / Experimental / Classical

a2239335029_16.jpg

Toe - Hear You

Math Rock /  Experimental

Edited by ghost

Blood Music and The Crypt have both re-released a shitload of Sigh on vinyl. Gorgeous releases, especially those by The Crypt. 6/6 every time.

But metal and punk on vinyl is pretty common as far as japanese music goes.

I have a couple of vinyls.

Dir en grey's UROBOROS and DUM SPIRO SPERO which came in the japanese deluxe boxes.

Dir en grey's Myaku on 12 inch which I believe was a promo LP for radio stations.

I have two Nookicky LPs as well, Water Sinker and PINHOLE.

And finally phobias ~Re-mix~ single, also on 12 inch, I'm not sure what the story is around that release though.

Visual Kei vinyls aren't that common so my collection isn't huge, it also hasn't really been a priority for me to buy them unless the price has been reasonable.

3 hours ago, Bear said:

Blood Music and The Crypt have both re-released a shitload of Sigh on vinyl. Gorgeous releases, especially those by The Crypt. 6/6 every time.

But metal and punk on vinyl is pretty common as far as japanese music goes.

Blood Music is my favorite label right now. They must've rolled out like 20+ new pre-orders and I ordered most of them.  I've seen some of your Sigh collection and yeah, absolutely stunning.

Huh, I didn't know that. Care to name some worthehile releases?

2 hours ago, Lestat said:

The only Japanese record I have on vinyl is DUM SPIRO SPERE by DIR EN GREY. I saw that Cohol album on Seasons Of Mist last night, tempted to purchase it.

Dooooo iiiiiiit. I have a copy and it shreds.

2 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Dir en grey's Myaku on 12 inch which I believe was a promo LP for radio stations.

Visual Kei vinyls aren't that common so my collection isn't huge, it also hasn't really been a priority for me to buy them unless the price has been reasonable.

I want that Myaku promo. They seriously need to go back through their catalog and release everything on vinyl. I'm disappointed they dropped the whole analog deluxe versions in favor of new fancy CD tech. Especially since Arche is such a good album.

Yeah, I think the Vkei scene is more focused on CDs. While I can appreciate a good limited edition CD with nice packaging, these days I'd take vinyl over everything. Outside of a different sound and feel, it just feels good to have a giant version of the artwork.

Temporary Residence has some great pressings of ENVY and MONO for people looking for their back catalogs.

Topshelf doesn't stop at MotKs and toe, they also have LITE (I have the LITE/MotKs split and it's lovely) and tricot.

But if we're including Japanese pressings.... I've also bought MUCC, the fin., and Crystal Lake albums recently from CDJapan of all places.

Edited by doombox

Yoyoyo, Hide's music is getting a vinyl release! All 3 albums on December 6th! They're 5,000Y a pop and appear to be 2xLP. I found listings on CDJapan but I'm sure you can find copies elsewhere.

UPJH-9047.jpg?v=1

Hide your face

UPJH-9049.jpg?v=1

Psyence

UPJH-9051.jpg?v=1

Ja, zoo

I'm definitely gettting a copy of Hide your face. I hope it's a gatefold.

Edited by ghost

7 hours ago, ghost said:

Blood Music is my favorite label right now. They must've rolled out like 20+ new pre-orders and I ordered most of them.  I've seen some of your Sigh collection and yeah, absolutely stunning.

Huh, I didn't know that. Care to name some worthehile releases?

https://www.discogs.com/label/78076-Crust-War

Crust War is a label that focused on crust punk and d-beat, and they got everything from old classics to newers gems. They release on either vinyl (mostly 7") and cassettes. They got stuff like Gloom, Zouo, Zoe, Effigy, Framtid, Abraham Cross and Corrupted.

And since in on the subject of Japanese punk, XXX Records are finally re-releasing the 5 Gauze albums on LP. These will be official releases of several of the best and most important Japanese hardcore albums of all time, namely Fuck Heads and Equalizing Distort.

Nuclear War Now! Productions has a lot of Japanese metal to their name. Classic albums from both Abigail and Sabbat, as well as stuff from Anatomia, Metalucifer, Barbatos and Evil. The man behind the label are one of the most dedicated fan of metal around the world and it shows very well on the quality of his releases.

As far as metal goes finding black, death, thrash, grind and classic heavy metal is fairly easy. They get re-released all the time and stuff.

A lot of the bands I follow don't release vinyl and a lot of of the old bands that had vinyl releases haven't had any reissues on vinyl.

This is what I do own on vinyl and they're all original pressings.  I would double dip if most of these were ever re-pressed since a few of them were pressed on thin vinyl that was super popular in the late '80s because it was cheaper for the labels.

Spoiler

Anarchy - 亜無亜危異 都市
Color - Ask the Angels (promo version)
Color - Fools! Get Lucky!
Color - Molt Grain
Color - シャミーズ キャット (promo version)
Color - 激突!!
Dead End - Ghost of Romance (USA pressing)
Earthshaker - Blondie Girl (European pressing)
EZO - EZO (USA pressing)
EZO - Fire Fire (USA Promo pressing)
EZO - Flashback Heart Attack (Japanese pressing)
EZO - Here it Comes (Japanese pressing, Masaki cover)
EZO - Here it Comes (Japanese pressing, Hiro cover)
G.D. Flickers - Glamourous & Dangerous
G.D. Flickers - Some Girls
G.D. Flickers - Rebellious Heroes
Justy-Nasty - Pleasure of the Sluts
Ladies Room - Sex Sex Sex
Ladies Room - Swapping Party
Lazy - Dream a Dream
Lazy - Lazy V
Lazy - Midnight Boxer
Lazy - Rock Diamond
Lazy - ハローハローハロー
Lazy - ベイビー・アイ・メイク・ア・モーション
Lazy - 地獄の天使
Lazy - 悲しみをぶっとばせ
Lazy - 愛には愛を
Lazy - 感じてナイト
Lazy - 燃えろロックン・ロール・ファイアー
Lazy - 赤頭巾ちゃん御用心
Loudness - Hurricane Eyes (USA promo pressing)
Loudness - Let It Go (Japanese release)
Loudness - Lightning Strikes (USA promo pressing)
Loudness - Thunder in the East (USA pressing)
Presence - Self-titled album
Rouage - Mind

Also, I have a bunch of flexi-singles that were released in various Rockin' F magazines during the late '80s and the early '90s.

On 30.11.2017 at 9:10 PM, WhirlingBlack said:

Oh, so you were the one who outbid me, hm?

On topic, I have DEG's GAUZE, UROBOROS and a signed DSS on vinyl.

Edited by Seelentau

Wowza, there's a limited edition hide turntable?? I was just about to start looking for one. I might actually get that. Also hoping I can get my hands on hide vinyl.. 

I don't own any Japanese vinyl atm but I'm planning to start when I visit Japan. There's a lot I'm looking for used if possible, because they were limited edition. Also on the hunt for some old P-Model vinyl and cassette tapes. 

Kind of related, but quite a number of non-VK acts I've seen here (Western indie and some Japanese indie) will often have live-only or special vinyl vers. on sale, and on numerous occasions the artist will come out to sign it after.

I don't collect vinyl but sometimes just buying a large record of it at a show to have a large signed copy has been tempting.

Tl;dr if there's a non-VK indie artist you like playing in Japan, def go b/c there's a good chance they will be selling vinyl (often signed) at their show.

The soundtrack to Katamari Damacy is being released on vinyl in April by Mondo. Pre-orders open this Wednesday at 12pm Central Time on their webshop:

MONDO

KATAMARI DAMACY - ORIGINAL VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACK 2XLP. Original artwork by We Buy Your Kids. Pressed on 2X 180 Gram colored vinyl discs - each housed in a screen-printed poly bag. Disc 1: green and purple swirl, Disc 2: red and white swirl (Mondo Exclusive - limited to 3,000 copies). NOTE: This ships beginning of April 2018. $35

663c6769-a2b1-4346-a1b7-5ffe1ff0facf.jpg

664947a1-74fc-4303-bafa-a91b426bd6ae.jpg

If you're looking to score a copy, I highly recommend being ready at noon to furiously refresh the page.

Edited by ghost

Love collecting LPs. So far, I have

- Buck-Tick - Hurry Up Mode

- Buck-Tick - Sexual XXXX

- Buck-Tick - Seventh Heaven

- Buck- Tick - Romanesque

- Dir en Grey - Uroboros

- Dir en Grey - Dum Spiro Spero

- Gackt - Remix of Gackt

- hide - Hide your face

- hide - Psyence

- hide - Ja Zoo

- Kuroyume - Live at Shinjuku Loft

- L’arc en Ciel - Ectomorphed Works

- Malice Mizer - Sakai no chi to bara

- Miyavi - Firebird

- Moi Dix Mois - Lamentful Miss

- MUCC - Myakuhaku

- Nookicky - Pinhole

- Rouage - Mind

- Rouage - Soup

- Seikima II - End of the Century

- Shazna - Gold Sun and Silver Moon

- Sugizo- Replicant Prayer/Replicant Lucifer/Replicant Truth

- Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Gear Blues

- X-Japan - Vanishing Vision

- X-Japan - Blue Blood

- X-Japan - Dahlia

- Zilch - BastardEyes

- Zoobombs - Welcome back Zoobombs

On 3/26/2018 at 12:08 AM, GreatNorthernVK said:

- X-Japan - Vanishing Vision

- X-Japan - Blue Blood

- X-Japan - Dahlia

do want. Great collection btw

I really wish there was more vk on vinyl. Thus far I only have a few random Rouage LPs in my collection because they were too pretty not to buy. There should also be something by La'cryma Christi iirc and I really want to have it.  Is there any resource to find out which vinyl releases exist at all?

3 hours ago, hyura said:

I really wish there was more vk on vinyl. Thus far I only have a few random Rouage LPs in my collection because they were too pretty not to buy. There should also be something by La'cryma Christi iirc and I really want to have it.  Is there any resource to find out which vinyl releases exist at all?

Discogs usually has a pretty good database of releases on vinyl.

Silent Hill 2 soundtrack pre-orders are going up this Wednesday on Mondo's website.

Edited by ghost

Sign in to follow this