Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

heidi. new single「Ray」release

11 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

Never enough fans for these guys T_T

They were my 3rd favorite band some years ago but their music became very same-y.

The first 3 albums were amazing and everything after that was just music that sounds like the first 3 albums but not very good.

I'm surprised they're still releasing music

6 hours ago, nitta said:

They were my 3rd favorite band some years ago but their music became very same-y.

The first 3 albums were amazing and everything after that was just music that sounds like the first 3 albums but not very good.

I'm surprised they're still releasing music

I agree up to a point but thought their last album was actually a real return to form, beautifully produced and sounded much harder and heavier than their other stuff.

heidi, was really good and popular at their peak. I don't really know exactly what happened; even in Japan their popularity seems to have stagnated (not to say decreased) for a while now. They were growing ridiculously fast back when they started and all of sudden it just stopped. I'm always surprised to see a new release by them as well lol but it's cool that they're still going, even though I don't check out their stuff anymore.

21 minutes ago, saishuu said:

heidi, was really good and popular at their peak. I don't really know exactly what happened; even in Japan their popularity seems to have stagnated (not to say decreased) for a while now. They were growing ridiculously fast back when they started and all of sudden it just stopped. I'm always surprised to see a new release by them as well lol but it's cool that they're still going, even though I don't check out their stuff anymore.

Were they ever that big? I remember getting into them because of Kalimero, but after Panorama I pretty much "forgot" about them...I always thought of them to be in some kind (2nd)/3rd level in terms on popularity (in the scene) but maybe I underestimated them.

I guess I will check this single too and as you I'm surprised they still releasing stuff :grin: but need to give them some credit for being out there more than 10 years and without line up changes.

For the big fans...anything you recommend after Panorama?

1 hour ago, TrentReznor said:

Were they ever that big? I remember getting into them because of Kalimero, but after Panorama I pretty much "forgot" about them...I always thought of them to be in some kind (2nd)/3rd level in terms on popularity (in the scene) but maybe I underestimated them.

Back in 07~09 they were relatively big, yeah. Big in the sense of being able to play Shibuya Kokaido once or twice and performing long oneman tours, I mean.

I used to love these guys when they started, but they got too repetitive. Surprises me every time that they're still going because I only hear about them when they release a single. Are they still considered vk? 

7 hours ago, TrentReznor said:

I guess I will check this single too and as you I'm surprised they still releasing stuff :grin: but need to give them some credit for being out there more than 10 years and without line up changes.

For the big fans...anything you recommend after Panorama?

Back in 2010, they went major and did a couple 'anisongs' for the 'Kaichou wa  Maid-sama' anime. Both singles were on 'Senkou Mellow' album. Despite this being their most popular period, I think this (and the album that came after it, 'Alpha') was actually their weakest sounding era as a band, and they were demoted to indie status from what I recall from talking with fans at the time.

As for popularity, I mean, they've played in the US at least 4 times and even did a European tour, but their fanbase always seems to stay relatively the same size (even in Japan, from what I can tell). At one time, they were popular enough to be doing the Hide Memorial Summit and headlining on VA albums, etc. It's really quite sad, because you can tell the guys really love what they do and have a really unique sound – Like you said, they haven't even had any member changes after 11 years playing together. I think they're honestly together because they know they have something special, not for any monetary reason (that's for sure)

Since then though, I really think they've been focused on the quality of their releases. Ignoring the last single (which was a little generic IMO), 'Human' and 'Kaikou' (their latest albums) have some really good, solid material and rival their first 2 albums as far as replay-ability goes, for me personally anyway. And I LOVE those first 2 albums.

1 hour ago, platy said:

I used to love these guys when they started, but they got too repetitive. Surprises me every time that they're still going because I only hear about them when they release a single. Are they still considered vk? 

I would say so. They play with other VK bands, and while they have a toned-down look, Nao is always the most angura out of the four of them.

3 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

Back in 2010, they went major and did a couple 'anisongs' for the 'Kaichou wa  Maid-sama' anime. Both singles were on 'Senkou Mellow' album. Despite this being their most popular period, I think this (and the album that came after it, 'Alpha') was actually their weakest sounding era as a band, and they were demoted to indie status from what I recall from talking with fans at the time.

As for popularity, I mean, they've played in the US at least 4 times and even did a European tour, but their fanbase always seems to stay relatively the same size (even in Japan, from what I can tell). At one time, they were popular enough to be doing the Hide Memorial Summit and headlining on VA albums, etc. It's really quite sad, because you can tell the guys really love what they do and have a really unique sound – Like you said, they haven't even had any member changes after 11 years playing together. I think they're honestly together because they know they have something special, not for any monetary reason (that's for sure)

Since then though, I really think they've been focused on the quality of their releases. Ignoring the last single (which was a little generic IMO), 'Human' and 'Kaikou' (their latest albums) have some really good, solid material and rival their first 2 albums as far as replay-ability goes, for me personally anyway. And I LOVE those first 2 albums.

I would say so. They play with other VK bands, and while they have a toned-down look, Nao is always the most angura out of the four of them.

I'll give some tries to those two, thanks!

This is exactly what I was talking about! This single is in much the same vein as the last album, and it's fantastic. Hopefully their next album will stick with this style – however, as we know, the first single can often be a leftover from the previous album sessions that doesn't really reflect the sound of the new album, so we'll have to wait and see.

Sign in to follow this