cvltic

てんさい。(tensai.) member カルト (Karuto) will bike from Osaka to Tokyo

thank you very much to @emmnyfor alerting me to this clownery

In a bizarre PR move, tensai. member Karuto will bike (as in, on a bicycle, not a motorbike) from Osaka to Tokyo to promote their free one-man at Ikebukuro Black Hole on 12/11.
His journey will begin at noon on December 1st from Like an Edison Osaka.

There are various rules and stipulations, the first involving how much money he'll be taking with him.
His credit cards will be confiscated, and he will be given 10 yen x the amount of retweets that the embedded tweet receives.
At the time of posting, that's about ~16,000 yen.

[Rules]
①He must arrive at the goal within 7 days of departure.
②He will be given missions to earn money during his trip.
③He will distribute tickets for their show to fans he meets along the way.
④Money will be taken from him if he neglects to tweet before he goes to bed.
⑤He must visit designated stops.
⑥Their "super roadie" Yuuma will be sent with him as part of his roadie hazing on guard duty.

okay now tensai just set the bar for PR mess gosan and rave are officially deceased, cancelled, forgotten

im cackling because cult is literally the loonie of the band he will do anything for publicity gjksdsk

if only google would show me how long this would take by the bike option, but if anyone doesnt know, its a ~6 hour drive, LMFAO

Edited by emmny

13 minutes ago, The Moon said:

is their music good tho

they're like an ok tanuki-kei band i guess, idk if i actually like their music or i just like the gimmick so far

12 minutes ago, emmny said:

a ~7 hour drive

hope this bitch gets a chair for their oneman bc he's gonna need it

19 hours ago, cvltic said:

they're like an ok tanuki-kei band i guess, idk if i actually like their music or i just like the gimmick so far

hope this bitch gets a chair for their oneman bc he's gonna need it

Tanuk-kei. That's great! I was trying to figure out a label for this insurgence of bands that criticize the "scene" but that one tops it!

On 11/26/2017 at 11:29 PM, emmny said:

if only google would show me how long this would take by the bike option, but if anyone doesnt know, its a ~6 hour drive, LMFAO

Well lets see. Google says it approximately  about 104 hrs to walk from Osaka to Tokyo not counting where Like an Edison is in that city. Averaging in the 488 Km that google maps states and the average humans walking speed which  is around 5 km per hr its estimated that if you Divide this into the 488 km that it is a estimated total of 97.6 hrs (Flat paved) which is close to 104 hrs (Non-flat paved) that google projected for this trip. Using that same formula for the average human bike speed which is about 20 km per hr it will take a estimated one whole day give or take a hr or two  for him to reach his goal if he is on a paved straight road without stops, traffic or the factoring in of hills. Considering these factors it can take him 2 days but on top of all this he has to stop to greet fans with tickets as well as the designated stops/missions so he might reach it in  4 - 6 days depending on how fast he is. Then again he has 7 days so who am i kidding its all estimation i hope he can make this trip well and in good health. Amazing band btw love them lots and this is a cool interesting way to promote the band.

Edited by doomsoul136

Well, he passed Hamamatsu 19h ago, which is roughly the halfway point, and made it to Shizuoka. Looks like he might make it.
I have to say I'm disappointed his actual bicycling isn't being better documented...

this tweet is from their roadie Yuma - they made it at 6 am on the 8th, which means they made it in about 6.5 days...

I first read is as Osaka to Kyoto...which is like the city beside haha. Tokyo though wow that's ridiculously tough XD