RebelRulesWorld

Jrock Marketing towards *Heterosexual* Men

These pictures are clearly marketed towards heterosexual men if you can tell. I was just looking through a few photos and you notice there is a very famous position that some rockers do. Not all but I think almost every rocker/idol has a photo like this. Cause typically in things that are targeted for gay males you will just see the male acting normal or cool. I think most gay men like guys who are regular looking, but i'm not saying feminine guys aren't targeted toward them to be an idol for them to crush over. But these pictures are totally different, there's a huge difference. Ok so in these photos you'll see the guys on the floor or in that crawling like a cat on the ground position. Usually they'll make a very cute or confused ageyo face. The crawling like a cat thing is something you don't see many males do. I thought about american stars, korean, chinese etc. In the photos the guys never do that, usually they try to look cool or just stare at the camera with a haughty face. The crawling cat thing is defintley something I've seen in a lot of female idol photos. The getting on the knees thing is a very asian photo thing and the position looks very submissive. I feel like that is something heterosexual males like unless female jrock fans like that. Maybe it's a cultural thing. But I feel like these pictures are for the dads who go to the concernt with the teen daughters. These guys are safe for them. What do you think?

500full.jpg     

img_1?1214395865        CIwRHlkUAAEvfnZ.jpg

Sorry if the photos look weird I'm really bad at arranging them

Edited by RebelRulesWorld

Your mind truly works in interesting ways, @RebelRulesWorld!

Personally, I never thought about that, and think all of their photos are marketed towards heterosexual women, but maybe the gay people of this forum can share their crawling like a cat experiences?

Does doing so help seducing other gay males? (Is this how gays mate, by crawling like a cat and yowling at a particular frequency?)

Does getting pregnant by band men who are assuming submissive positions help creating the dad-safe image for bands themselves?

Do you think there're instances of dads impregnating band members by mistake?

I guess the main question is.

can we see at the pose of the guy, if he is gay or not.

Well, I've seen so many Japanese guys, but it's damn hard to tell if they are. 

Japanese guys also don't care to hug or to touch each other, doing crazy gay poses, etc.

after all, does it matter if someone is gay? well would be painfull if you kove a gay men as a woman. but still...

Sooo, maybe...

people

lets turn this topic in.

I guess this 「guy」 of this 「band」 is gay because (........)

\(^^)/

9 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

I guess the main question is.

can we see at the pose of the guy, if he is gay or not.

Well, I've seen so many Japanese guys, but it's damn hard to tell if they are. 

Japanese guys also don't care to hug or to touch each other, doing crazy gay poses, etc.

after all, does it matter if someone is gay? well would be painfull if you kove a gay men as a woman. but still...

Sooo, maybe...

people

lets turn this topic in.

I guess this 「guy」 of this 「band」 is gay because (........)

\(^^)/

How does how you pose for a picture have to do with being gay? could stand that way and it doesn't turn me gayer.

I think that what he means to say is that while they mainly cater to a female audience, maybe there's some photos that would subconsciously appeal to the straight male audience and OP is asking if that would be something bands would exploit to gain more fans.

I'm also pretty sure OP wasn't being offensive towards the LGBT community in any way.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

How does how you pose for a picture have to do with being gay? could stand that way and it doesn't turn me gayer.

doesn't turn you  「gayer」???? haha

sounds as you are already gay on the highest level. 😂😂😂

but, I guess some poses are not often done by straight men. 

but yet to see a guy only on pictures its hard to tell. also some gay guys don't act as gay at all.

but maybe we really can guess if some dudes are gay by looling their photos / watching videos.

I mean... For whatever reason a portion of bangyas seem to have a fetish for 〜☆ MOE KYUN☆~ men, which includes looking feminine, doing cat poses, little girl poses, broken leg poses or anything that might trigger their inner KYA ♡ I suppose it might end up being appealing for anyone that is attracted to a strong MOE essence ー☆! ! 

Tbh it's all just a byproduct of Japan's satanic idol culture package.