Nagisa

When/how did you get into the GazettE?

The first GazettE song I heard was 千鶴 (since it was the theme song for a Korean horror movie and I was really into Japanese theme songs for horror movies at the time). This was in 2011, but I didn't really get into the GazettE until 2012, when I got kind of tired of listening to theme songs of horror movies. I thought 千鶴 was one of the best songs that I had heard, so I clicked on The Invisible Wall on Youtube and decided that this was a band worth listening to. The turning point was when I heard some songs from DIM, which made me decide to buy their CDs. The first one I bought was Toxic. Since that time they've been my favorite band. 

when i'd first gotten into vk two years ago, i swore i would NEVER get into the gazette. ever. especially because the first song by them i heard was Shiver(?) (the black butler opening) and god did i HATE that song... so obviously i assumed their entire disco was as bad as that one song. not only that but my hipster ass knew how popular the gazette were and i didn't wanna be associated with the rest of those... WEEBS...

and then for whatever reason, my friend one day was like, "DOGMA and their other newer stuff is heavy as shit. i think you'd like it." and i was like uhhhhhh ok... then low n behold i downloaded dogma literally a month after saying i'd NEVER get into the gazette and i fell in love with it, even today it's my favourite album ever lol

between then and about a year ago, i'd downloaded all of their dark age stuff and was satisfied... until about may/june of this year i started venturing further, downloading 斑~MADARA~蠡 and DISORDER... and i was like ok this is good

AND THEN one fateful september day of this year i was cruising youtube and came across Inside Beast and really liked it, ended up downloading BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY, and then a few weeks (after listening to inside beast approx 350 times) i downloaded NIL (didn't like it except for taion, silly god disco and discharge) and DIM. fell in love with taion so i also downloaded the traces vol.2 version of it which is fantastic

there's my entire journey lmfao

I am their fan since 2004 when 斑~MADARA~蠡 was out !!!! Still remember Ruki's evil horn hair, Uruha's silver ash straight hair !!!! 

I was a fan of Miyavi, because of his bloody tattoos and his early era music were great,
digging from the same company, looking into more bands like Kagrra and bis.
ガゼット was a crazy indie top visual , stylished VK band.
In the album  斑~MADARA~蠡, I like > Ruder, No.666 , 貴女ノ為ノ此ノ命。  the most.
Moving into 大日本異端芸者的脳味噌中吊り絶頂絶景音集 , the best singles at all time, ザクロ型の憂鬱 and 舐~zetsu~
No doubt 未成年 is their BEST song in the indie era.

End of the year album DISORDER ! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! Just love so many songs of them.

2005 COCKROACH , Last bouquet , Cassis 

2006 Filth in the beauty , バレッタ , Nausea & Shudder , DISCHARGE

2007 Hyena, CALM ENVY and 千鶴 *One of a very dramatic / cinematic song

2008 this is the year I think they are really focusing on Tour and music-wise ... nothing remarkable

2009 泣ヶ原 and Headache Man are the only 2 tracks I like in the year.

2010 Red and PLEDGE > their BEST Ballad song I LOVE the most 

2011 VORTEX , the album [TOXIC] is a solid one , Love the heavy side as usual

2012 the album [DIVISION] is okay, nothing outstanding , just another steady album from them

2013 - 2014 again , another year focusing in Tour... music-wise, I am not related to this New era of them, pretty boring ....

2015 - 2016 where the PROJECT:DARK AGE began, definitely the most iconic album [DOGMA] with single [UGLY] [UNDYING] , Masterpiece of this era,
many great tracks on the album : DERACINE , INCUBUS, DOGMA, BLEMISH, LUCY, DEUX, UGLY and UNDYING of course

the GazettE is now more dark, heavy and international , I still Love them in live, music-wise, less creativity than they used to.
still have some great tracks though. After knowing their 『HALLOWEEN NIGHT 17 SPOOKY BOX2 THE DARK HORROR SHOW アビス/LUCY』,
I just wanna Cry , because they are playing a lot of indie SONGS !!!!!!!!!

around 2004 with Madara as well. Thanks MySpace music pages!

It took me down a road of VK up until a few years ago when I started to transition in to listening to a wider variety of music and now I hardly know anything about VK haha. BUT AYYYY I still listen to them every so often. Ruki is still my fav diva.

On 2006 I started with visual kei and listened to DuelJewel's Azure, but the GazettE brought me to appreciate more the genre in general and Cassis, Filth in the Beauty and Guren were a sure replay at that time (and even now!)... I think that they are one of the few bands that I listened the whole discography and without any regret...

This band changed my musical perspective for sure.

2 years ago, and it was the band that got me into VK.

When I first heard shiver from black butler. 

And then youtube recommended Chizuru to me, I listened to it and omg I thought it was the best song I've ever heard. Listening to Chizuru felt like some sort of epiphany. Then I started checking out their whole discography 

I think it was around 2010/2011, a friend introduced me to Silly God Disco from NIL and I thought it was really catchy. Eventually ended up buying Stacked Rubbish at one point as I was getting more into them, and I started listening to DIM which really opened by eyes. When Division was announced, I decided to go all in and pre-order the limited edition version and haven't looked back yet. The GazettE were my first foray into VK, and it took a while before I really got into VK thanks to Mejibray but the GazettE (especially recent releases) have become a staple of my music selection :D

Chizuru was the song that brought me to gazette, cannot forget that song ever.

It was their performances that led me to continue to keep my eye for them and of course Ruki's amazing vocals.

My favourite song all time is Hyena :tw_heart:

The invisible wall one of my friends told me to listen to it cause I like metal and rock songs .  I was blown away by ruki's voice . ♡ then I fell in love with them 

Now I know and I listen to a lot of vk bands.  But still the gazette my number 1 

They helped me a lot I can't just replace them with another band like that.  They are like family for me I grow up listening to them ♡♡♡

Heard about them on Ameba when Tokyo Dome came out. I think my first track was Red. I was sunk after Venomous Cell lmao

Ended up getting access to mass produced Taiwanese copies of everything. I had Heisei Banka early on and the Madara videos. The grunge/punk era stuck with me pretty heavy.

Edited by lei0418