Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

凛として時雨(Ling Tosite Sigure) new album 「#5」 release

Their 6th album 「#5」 will be released on 2018.02.14.

Limited edition : 3900 yen + taxes

CD + DVD

Regular edition : 3000 yen + taxes

CD 

A notebook called 「#5 Mini Notebook」 will be released at the same date via Loppi and HMV.

Limited edition : 4900 yen + taxes

Regular edition : 4000 yen + taxes

Size : W90mm×H140mm×D12mm

hmvnote1.jpg

hmvnote2.jpg

hmvnote3.jpg

hmvnote4.jpg

cant really get hyped for these dudes anymore considering how weak their recent stuff has been imo

Them calling it '#5' makes it sound like it's going to be a throwback to their early days, but I can't see that being the case considering what their output for the last few years has sounded like. I'll give it a courtesy listen and hope for the best, but I'm not expecting much.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:37 AM, Pho said:

Them calling it '#5' makes it sound like it's going to be a throwback to their early days, but I can't see that being the case considering what their output for the last few years has sounded like. I'll give it a courtesy listen and hope for the best, but I'm not expecting much.

Imagine this album making "i'mperfect" sound like a masterpiece. :P

[Disc1 - CD]
1. Ultra Overcorrection
2. Chocolate Passion
3. Tornado Minority
4. Who's WhoFO
5. EneMe
6. ten to ten
7. Serial Number Of Turbo
8. DIE meets HARD
9. High Energy Vacuum

[Disc2 - DVD]
1. “Chocolate Passion” Music Video with Making Passion
2. “#5” Music Video
3. DIE HARD RADIO Season 2

Sad that these guys are also kinda going down the road of 9mm Parabellum Bullet... The brief guitar bit at 1:10  and the more mathy parts in the middle sound cool, but they somehow kinda sound so sterile to me nowadays? idk what's up with that

It's definitely a bit more "pop" and less mental than they used to be, but I like this. They're still the best at this style that they invented, despite the hundreds of imitators

Previews are also on their OHP, and they aren't on evil ShitTube, so no proxies needed: http://www.sigure.jp/sigure15/

- Ultra Overcorrection is a Telecaster sequel

- Digging Tornado Minority and High Energy Vacuum

- ten to ten and Serial Number Of Turbo are meh

I can see this album growing on me over time

@SeimeisenThank you for pointing out the samples were on their site, I don't even know how to get videos blocked in the US to play.

@CAT5I agree, I think it sounds great compared to the more recent that I remembered. I'm looking forward to it!

I don't know why, but based on the preview ten to ten somehow gives me some weird nagoya kei-esque vibes?? Like it sounds like something aie could've done or something.

Anyway, generally speaking these samples don't even sound half bad. I'm genuinely surprised. EneMe's caught my attention the most, digging the screamo vibes.

Who's WhoFo and Serial Number of Turbo aren't really doing much for me based on their samples, but the rest sounds... nice, actually. Might have to end up checking this out after all...

Got the album and have listened to it 2 times already, turns out it's pretty good, at least in my opinion. I also wasn't that much into their latest stuff, es or s seemed relatively boring compared to older albums, but most songs on #5 are much more innovative and it feels like they weren't afraid to experiment a little bit more. My boi Pierre even got a neat little solo. Probably not their best album so far, compared to gems like inspiration is dead, but still really decent.

Sign in to follow this