Sign in to follow this  
hiroki

ルクス(lux) will disband

I literally JUST fell in love with this band T_T

I'm really glad I met them before it's too late, but this really fucking sucks T_T

31 minutes ago, Shaolan974 said:

Why ?

Because it's Visual Kei.

Not surprising.

Even if you're not surprised, you don't have to be a dick about it. This band had a lot of potential and this disbandment definitely came out of nowhere. Especially since Mio had JUST joined and actually decided to quit playing support for other bands so he could focus on Lux.

25 minutes ago, echo said:

I literally JUST fell in love with this band T_T

I'm really glad I met them before it's too late, but this really fucking sucks T_T

Even if you're not surprised, you don't have to be a dick about it. This band had a lot of potential and this disbandment definitely came out of nowhere. Especially since Mio had JUST joined and actually decided to quit playing support for other bands so he could focus on Lux.

I'm not a dick. I'm just realistic. Everyone knows that Visual scene is not stable. Musicians are young and form a band without knowing each others and they loose their motivation very quickly when they realize it's hard to be well-known. 

Lux is not an exception. There were dozens like them and there will be dozens like them.

9 minutes ago, Shaolan974 said:

I'm not a dick. I'm just realistic. Everyone knows that Visual scene is not stable. Musicians are young and form a band without knowing each others and they loose their motivation very quickly when they realize it's hard to be well-known. 

Lux is not an exception. There were dozens like them and there will be dozens like them.

that's true that it's realistic, but it being realistic doesn't take the shock or distraught away from fans nor does being realistic exempt you from being a dick. So saying it with the tone of "obviously it will happen, you should've expected this. Get over it" is really shitty for fans who were supporting them and really didn't see this coming (like I said, this one in particular seemed really sudden and out of nowhere). It's especially shitty to be told something like that if you are emotionally invested in the band and are hurting from this announcement.

So yeah, maybe you weren't intending to be a dick, but you certainly came off as one.

And yeah, we all know that VK is unstable, but you can't really assume that all bands decide to disband cos they suddenly lost motivation. There are many factors that as fans, we can never and will never know. Plus, Lux hasn't posted any information about it other than their last live details so there are even more unknowns than usual.

I went to Lux's last one-man last week, and I'm so glad I did <3

I also went to their instore! I wrote a bit about it for whoever's interested!

Instore

Spoiler

The instore was super short. I think it was just to try and sell the rest of their CDs. By the time I got there they only had a few copies of Loveless left in the store. They just did a short talk, no game, but had satsuei after. The talk was mostly just a Q&A and then random rambling to fill up time lolol one question was "what's your favorite Lux song" I think they get asked that every time lolol Yuno said his favorite is 'the ballad song' cos, one, it's just a super good song, but also that it's very setsunai. Unfortunately it's not recorded and it doesn’t even have a proper name. Haruka and Yuno were talking about how it's hard to come up with a name and since it wasn't being a recorded they didn't bother since if they said 'the ballad' they'd all know what they were talking about. Yuno said it's a song that they would only really play at like a shusai or oneman.  Mio said his favorite is Zero. It's super special to him because it's the first song he participated in as Lux for the recording. <333 Kaoru likes Color. He didn't explain this time cos I guess he always explains lolol but from the last instore I went to I remember he said he liked it cos of the bass part like it's a bass solo but not or something <3 Kaede  likes Gokusaishiki Refrain cos he said it's fun live. It really is!! Haruka didn't really answer and Yuno(?) was like Dear?? And hew as like hmmmmmmmm maybeeeeeee haha I think at the last instore he said Dear, but I think he changed his mine haha

Another question they were asked was what their favorite McDonald's menu item was. Yuno said his was the triple cheese burger (I think?) It's a time-limited item that they've had here recently. And then Haruka started saying how he used to order 2 cheeseburgers and then put the patty of one into the other one so it'd essentially be a double cheeseburger, but then he's left with extra buns so he'd get a shaka chicken and make it into a chicken sandwich lol. And like the way he explained it was a bit confusing so the other members were all like wait wtf? So he had to explain it again and they were kinda just like shaking their heads at him haha and Kaoru said he liked the 15-piece chicken nuggets and that they're super good lol and Haruka was like, but the taste doesn't change if it's 5 pieces or 15??? And Kaoru was like… oh yeah. Lololol they're so dumb <3

Kaoru got surprisingly emotional suddenly and it seemed like he was trying not to cry. Haruka whispered something to him and made him laugh <3 they were all trying to make it not a sad thing. It was really short though, i think only like half an hour? They didn't really talk about much. Just some dumb questions that i can't really remember haha and then they asked each other what they did for new  years and Mio was like I SLEPT. Haahah <3

When they were saying their last comments before ending, Mio said that he wanted to take in and remember every single fan, regardless of which member's fan they were. Mio seems super grateful for the experience and like he wants to remember every single part of everything. And they were all like omg how do we follow after you say something like that??? Lolol they all said kinda the same generic stuff. "enjoy as always," "have fun until the very end," "let's burn this night into our memories" kind of stuff. Haruka said something like 'we won't make it better than usual, cos we always go all out. we'll be the same as usual!' kinda thing. Most ppl for last lives are like 'let's make this the best one ever' but yeah Haruka's point was like 'we always go all out, there's nothing more than what we always do so we promise to be as good as we always are' kind of thing.

Anyway so after the instore it was satsuei and we got a tokuten DVD if we showed that we had a ticket for the live! The DVD was of some live clips!! One song is Break Free and the second is Gokusaishiki Refrain!!! <333 and they show the songs in their entirety <3

the live

Spoiler

Okay this is going to be super out of order except the first and last songs cos they didn't post a set list so I can only go by random memory T_T

First song was Mosaic Disco. I really like this song! It's super fun live! We all hold hands and do two step and jump together! And the chorus you spin your towel around and jump in time to the "Hey! Hey! Hey!" part (as in you jump three times, once for each 'hey'). Mio's said before that he really likes watching us do the two step even though he can't see our feet from the drums haha we just look cute hopping around in the way that two step makes you bounce i guess lolol <3 Mio always looks like he's really enjoying himself during this song <3333333

They did a part change for 3rd(?) song, Dear. The way they got into it was so abrupt haha like they stopped the previous song, there might've been some MC? I'm not sure, but at one point there was a silence and then suddenly Haruka shouted CHANGE! And they all switched instruments lololol it was very... them. haha

Mio stepped out from behind his drums and I was like OMG NO WAY but... YES WAY!! He grabbed the mic and came to the front-ish (not quite all the way to the front lol) of the stage to be the vocalist <333333

Haruka was on kamite guitar, Kaede went on drums and Yuno and Kaoru switched so Yuno played bass and Kaoru was shimote guitar <3

Before they started, Mio was like pacing around stage trying to do an MC and honestly, I couldn't really hear cos fucking Haruka was in kamite fiddling around with the guitar. He was practicing the notes like the entire time and finally Mio was like URUSAI!!! And then he was like 'oh are you practicing?' lolol and Haruka kinda nodded and Mio was like 'fine' kinda feeling lolol I forget if it was before or after, but they said that they decided to do the part change super last minute lol which is why they weren't so good lolol and Haruka didn't even play the guitar during the chorus. He kinda just danced around like an idiot making faces at the gya in saizen lolol it was fucking hilarious. And Mio couldn't stand still. He didn't come up to the vocalist box once I think. He paced from far shimote to kamite like an expecting father at the hospital lolol and after the song he was 'omg i didn't know what to do!!!' kinda thing cos he's used to just sitting at his drums haha <33333 he's not the best singer lolol but he's not the worst either <3 He lost the lyrics a few times, but that's okay looll  I'm glad they did that though!!!! and that I could see him clearly!! <3333 it was a bit difficult at times to see him during the live sometimes because of where I was standing. The woes of being a drummer's gya T_T

Loveless. Idk which order they played it, but I really love this song! It's always a bit weird for me live even though I really like it live haha like it's always weird to me when there are rough/harsh/yelling vocals and no one on stage is actually doing those vocals haha I think Haruka is just there during those parts haha I'm not sure what he does cos I always look at Mio, but sometimes I glance over just to see if he's doing the death voice and he never is haha that being said, it def sounds 32470327 times better live (also, Haruka is actually capable of those kinda vocals? cos I'm pretty sure he did it ish on a song or two). The recording drums aren't the best haha, but live you can really hear the weight of the song and it has a fuller feel to it. I really like it live!! I'm so glad I got to hear it so many times before they disbanded T_T

Omg and I'm really really glad I got to hear the ballad song that they were talking about live. Sadly I can't remember it all that clearly T_T but I do remember thinking "I understand why Yuno loves this song" and Haruka was really giving it his all <3 and I remember the feeling I had like idk how to describe it… but I could definitely FEEL the song <3333 I wish they had a live clip or a recording of it somewhere T___T

I really really fucking love Color. It's also Kaoru's favorite song <3 he's said in the two instores I've been to. Idk what it is about this song like I really like how Haruka sings it and it has that solid bassline right before the guitar solor and just something about the melody of the song really hits me hard. Like it's difficult how to describe how it makes me feel. It's like the way the guitar sounds between verses and just how Haruka sounds during the chorus. It's weird for me cos usually I listen closely to the bass and drums, but for this song it's really the melody of the chorus and the sound of the guitar that pulls me in. like it feels like I'm being pulled up, not in some super uplifting, motivational kind of way, but like something grabbing me in the chest and holding me there. There's like a suspense to the song in the way Haruka sings it that make me like feel like I'm holding my breath or something. Just, I really fucking love this song haha.

Exist is so powerful live like. Idk like it's super dramatic and super everything? I was sad I couldn't really see Yuno from where I was cos he plays the guitar part I really like but I mean even if I could see him well maybe I'd just be staring at Mio @_@ There is so much I want to say about this song, but everything is inadequate T____T I wish everyone could hear this song live at least once ><

one thing that's weird for me is like idk what was on what part cos I mean drummers can't exactly move around the stage like everyone else can, and I'm not as familiar with Lux's songs as other bands I follow, but I really fucking love watching Mio drum. The expressions he makes are the best like he's having so much fun and then he makes expressions like 'okay here comes the hard part' and sometimes he fucks up a little, but he keeps going, but then sometimes he's successful and he's so happy and omg <3 he has the best smile? Like he's shy, but not. Haha ugh. I'm so glad Mio's going to continue with music <333

Oh, on one song Haruka bumped into Kaede while he was singing and made an "oops!" faced and him and Kaede kinda lol'd and Haruka half bowed, hands together like 'sorryyyyy' while singing lolol

Omg and there like almost wasn't an encore. After the set ended everyone kind of sat down except for saizen and like two? Girls were calling for encore. I think only some of saizen joined in the call and it finally picked up a few more voices after a while, but I was really worried there wouldn't even be one >< when they finally came out for encore, even Haruka was like 'omg I thought there might not be an encore' T_T I hope they weren't too sad about how pathetic the encore call was ><

For the encore MC, Haruka was crying SO much omg honestly, I can't remember most of the MCs anymore T_T but Haruka was literally on the floor sobbing into the mic at one point T____T and he was saying how Lux really are like family. Like they get along, but they fight like any other family, but that every single member is like a super good person. Like they all really fucking love each other T____T

And after all that crying and intense sobbing, he introduced the next song, Smiley Days.

And ironically, it's the one song that made me cry. Which felt ridiculous cos the furi is a bit ridiculous so I'm doing this complicated furi with tears streaming down my face. haha

They ended with Gokusaishiki Refrain. I really really really love this song. I think they usually play it at lives. It's really fun! You jump around in a half circle and jump back. Haha i think i just like jumping around. But the members always look like they're having fun during it too. I'm really sad that I'll never hear it or experience it live again T_T

I didn't follow them as long or as closely as some other bands, but I fucking love them <3 I'm super glad Mio joined too like, they were fun the first time I saw them, but I like had a fever that day so I couldn't get as into it since I was feeling pretty terrible. But despite how I felt I really enjoyed them so I knew I'd def love them when I was healthy. The only thing that bothered me was that they didn't have a drummer. Like when a band doesn't have an actual drummer or bassist, it feels weird to me, unless they have a long-term support or something. So it felt a bit off to me. But the second time I saw them was after Mio joined and like everything clicked into place and fit so perfectly!! And then disbandment T_T It was really fucking sad cos like I had JUST fallen super in love with them and then they announced their disbandment and there were only a few lives left and even fewer I could go to since they're an Osaka band T_T I'm glad I was able to go to Osaka to see their last live though <3 it was definitely fucking worth everything.

Thank you, @hiroki, for sharing this band with me <3

tumblr_p3dhkeVwp61tb6sz7o1_540.jpg

omg reading @echo's live reports is literally one of the few things i come on MH for these days haha. i really wish i could capture the mood and live atmosphere as well as she does but i think it's impossible ._.

anyway, because lux is such a fucking important band to me i just want to add on to what she wrote, even if it feels like my words are so inadequate T_T

Spoiler

for the live itself, i reached the venue about 30 min late because of some personal stuff. shinsaibashi varon is a really small venue but i was still surprised to see it so filled.  when i entered there was literally no more space to stand except by the door, which meant that i was awkwardly stuck between the last and penultimate rows of gyas. tbh i wish i had gone in earlier so i could stand somewhere near to shimote and see yuno better. as things turned out i was on far kamite and thankfully i was just tall enough to see yuno reasonably well through the entire live. sadly though, i couldn't really see mio as well as i wanted T_T another awkward thing with the venue was that there's this elevated landing right behind for kankeisha where a few bandmen were standing, and when i turned my head i saw rizu's toshi look at me with an expression that was like 'are you a bandman? wtf are you doing in the crowd, get up here?' lolol. 

back to the live..

omg i really couldn't. it was really hard for me cos i was just, like, really trying to look at the members.  lux was a band i felt SUPER close to emotionally and all their members knew me. and there was this really intense urgency of like 'omgomgomg this is the last chance i have to be in front of them and REALLY take a good look at them and keep this memory forever' T___________T so actually, as strange as it sounds, i couldn't remember most of what happened during the live. cos like, it felt so surreal?? idk how to explain this.  it was like being in a dream that i've always wanted to be in but at the same time being hyper-conscious of the fact that this dream will end really soon, so i was just desperately trying to grasp and hold on to every single impression that was hitting me viscerally and emotionally. 

one thing i'm really glad about was being able to hear the ballad that @echo also mentioned in her report. yuno tweeted once that most of lux's songs haven't been recorded, and his favorite song is this ballad which they will only play at their last live. i think they played it just 1-2 songs after i made it into the venue, thank god i was in time for it >_< haruka was really putting in everything when he was singing this song. i feel like for a lot of bands, performing an unreleased song for the last live is always an exceptionally emotional experience cos it's so transient - the moment the song's over, it's like, really done. there's no cd or live clip you can go back to to listen to it again. and this was no exception. one thing about haruka is that as dumb as he is with stuff sometimes he's actually SUPER serious about getting things right at lives. lux messes up a lot (even for a new band), and haruka always gets really upset after the live when that happens. i'm glad he sang so well at this live - not just for the ballad, but overall too <3

the one song that really fucking killed me was EXIST. hands down this is my favorite lux song (apart from Fate, but technically that's a Code:「L」song that i actually really wanted to hear live too..) and i was practically dying through the entirety of it. if i remember correctly this was the last song of their main set (just before encore) and i stood there staring at all the members and not wanting the song to end. and like there's this part in the middle where the instrumentals are lifted with the stagelight shining on haruka, and he would sing a line, like 'shinjita sekai ga itsuwari datte' - and then get the crowd to sing the next line 'tashikani boku no kodou ni kikoeru' and so on. and that particular moment just felt so... transcendent to me. i was def in tears and all i could do was mumble the lyrics haha T_T but omg i'm so glad i could hear that song one last time T_T i also kept looking over to yuno (it's also his favorite song besides the ballad) and he was trying to hold it together and he kept looking down at his guitar while playing. it felt like he couldn't really look at the crowd cos he just wanted to immerse himself in this song one last time. (i forgot if it was another song but there was a yuno solo and he came to the center and i threw so many hearts at him haha <333 totally didnt care that i was the only one doing it other than maybe 2-3 girls in shimote lolol)

then it was encore shout and then MCs. like @echosaid the encore call was pretty weak but it was also kinda funny cos one of the saizen girls in shimote was doing death voice (i think she was drunk? lol) right before each actual 'encore!' shout haha. and she kept looking around and getting ppl to join in lol. but yeah, the band then came out did their MCs, which were really heartbreaking. haruka broke down and was on the floor more than half the time. during haruka's MC the girl standing in front of me was sobbing really hard and her friend had to lean over to rub her shoulders but she was totally inconsolable. i was trying not to look cos it was really getting to me as well >_< i was soo touched by mio's and yuno's MCs.  mio said that he only joined the band for 4 months and it's not a long time but he was glad he could cos this is really what he wanted to do T_T idk but his entire MC was so heartfelt and you could really FEEL how much all of this meant to him even though he was relatively new to the band. i'm really glad he joined (literally told him in a DM last time that it feels like a miracle for me that someone i love so much joins a band i love so much <3). as for yuno, he was himself. he's not the best at expressing his emotions but you could tell he really really fucking appreciated all of the members. he also said that even though lux is no more, the members will def remain friends for a long long time to come. and that made me sooo happy T_T 

the band wanted to end on a happy note and so they played gokusaishiki refrain last. it was fitting in a way, but at the same time it also amplified that sense of loss cos the moment the very last note ended and the curtains started to close, i just stood there like.. omg. it's really the end. T_T 

i was sad i couldn't stay around to talk to the members / do satsuei. although i prob couldn't have anyway cos i was a hot mess haha. but omg... after the live yuno DM'd me telling me that he's really happy that i was able to go for their last live, and that he could see me really well. he also told me he was wearing the bracelet i gave him (for xmas last year). i pretty much died haha. i wish i was standing in shimote so i could have at least noticed that during the live. 

i'm really not sure if i'll ever find a band like lux again. perhaps i'm not as naturally attached to them in the way i might be for a few other bands, but their members gave me so so so so so so much it's ridiculous.  i'll remember all the DMs we exchanged and the dumb videos they posted and how they always call yuno the hamster of the band ( haha omg) and how mio joining the band meant so much and everything. i can never thank all of them enough. and obv i'll also never ever forget yuno.. i love him so much like wtf haha (i hope he doesn't hate me for all my longass DMs haha) x.x

lastly i'm also really glad i was able to share my experience of lux with @echo <3 that def made everything better <3

345za8l.jpg

2m3r2g8.jpg

2a95wuw.jpg

Haruka started saying how he used to order 2 cheeseburgers and then put the patty of one into the other one so it'd essentially be a double cheeseburger, but then he's left with extra buns so he'd get a shaka chicken and make it into a chicken sandwich lol. And like the way he explained it was a bit confusing so the other members were all like wait wtf? So he had to explain it again and they were kinda just like shaking their heads at him haha and Kaoru said he liked the 15-piece chicken nuggets and that they're super good lol and Haruka was like, but the taste doesn't change if it's 5 pieces or 15??? And Kaoru was like… oh yeah. Lololol

I literally just fucking spit my water out. This whole paragraph was funny and cute omfggggg

after the live yuno DM'd me telling me that he's really happy that i was able to go for their last live, and that he could see me really well. he also told me he was wearing the bracelet i gave him (for xmas last year). i pretty much died haha.

omfg I could literally SEE you melting into a puddle because of that. That is so awesome <3

i'm also really glad i was able to share my experience of lux with @echo <3 that def made everything better <3

PLEASE TELL ME YOU AND @echoMET EACH OTHER IN PERSON

--------------------

I'm so jealous you guys got to hear "the ballad" song that wasn't recorded!!!!!!!11!! and also Smiley days. I love that song :tw_heart:

14 hours ago, Mihi said:

PLEASE TELL ME YOU AND @echoMET EACH OTHER IN PERSON

haha yes we met! <3

13 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Re: the instore.... what is 'satsuei'?

satsuei is the word for when you get to take pictures with the bandmen! Usually you have to buy something or spend X amount of money to do it.

Sign in to follow this