Sign in to follow this  
TrentReznor

Zigzo - New single + dvd + mv

So they are getting ready to celebrate their 20th anniversary (shouldnt it be in 2019 not 2018?). 3 two man shows with an unkown band and few other dates for end of the year (they like to prepare the stuff with a lot of time in advance :grin:)

22 hours ago, TrentReznor said:

So they are getting ready to celebrate their 20th anniversary (shouldnt it be in 2019 not 2018?). 3 two man shows with an unkown band and few other dates for end of the year (they like to prepare the stuff with a lot of time in advance :grin:)

They technically formed in summer 1998 and just worked at songs and jammed in studio for a good 6-12 months leading up to their first official live in April 99.
http://www.up-down.com/100zigzo/z_bio.html

It was the main reason why right after Monster Music was released, they already had a bunch of new singles ready to go. Monster Music was already in the bag by the time they officially debuted in summer 99 at Shockwave Illusion alongside all of those other Vkei acts.
Zigzo did perform a quick live before their first April show as 'Malice~en~Sex', a play-on of the respective bands from Tetsu, Ryo/Den and Sakura, the setlist is unkown to the internets but most likely was Zigzo songs under that secretive name.

And knowing how methodical, and perhaps busy, Tetsu is with all his bands...the fact that they didn't announce any new Zigzo album / single alongside the anniversary gigs makes me feel like there won't be any studio release. Tetsu's been doing well with The Black Comet Club Band these days and it's been his main focus.

Edited by carddass

With Tetsu and Sakura being involved in so so so many bands, yeah, seems unlikely they will put out something more than the new single...its sad because though its been 20 years they have released so few stuff. My hopes are they will release some DVD about the 3days in a well shows...or rerelease the old vhs/dvds

Aas Tetsu is the main songwriter for Zigzo, and all of his other bands, he really calls the shots whether or not Zigzo will record.
While the band is celebrating 20 years, they were almost on hiatus for half that time (early 2002 to summer 2011) since Tetsu wanted to restart nil after being affected by the September 11th attacks in NY. He wrote Sayonara Davinci that same day if I remember the blog entry correctly. I suppose he felt he couldn't release a song like that as the major label band Zigzo which was starting to use producers toward their last singles, i.e. Masahide Sakuma on Chelsea.

So yeah, maybe Zigzo / Tetsu haven't announced anything yet and will repeat the productivity of 2011 where he released an album from each of his 4 bands almost back to back in a few month time period.

You can still get this Zigzo DVD online. You'd have to use a buying service or know  someone over there:
https://shopping.deli-a.jp/products/item_Info.php?itemID=5340#c

The other dvds can be found on Yahoo auction Japan as well:
https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?auccat=&p=zigzo+dvd&tab_ex=commerce&ei=UTF-8&fr=

I believe the Last Scene DVD was re-released and sold outside of Zigzo's official page for many years which is why there are so many available on YJA. The 2nd scene dvd is probably rarer now since they only released it once though their webshop back in 2012 or 13 and that is now defunct.

Edited by carddass

Thanks for all this info about them!

For the DVsD I have an eye on the Last Scene one as is available in PS.

By the way, do you know about other Zigzo DVD that is not Last Scene/2nd Scene/Beyond the moment?

I remember when I went to Tokyo 3 years ago in the Ikebukuro ClosetChild shop I had on my hands one DVD with "CD" shape from them, but dont remember the name and as I didnt have enough cash at that moment  didnt buy it :sad:

I'm not sure if I recall there being a DVD in a CD shape. Perhaps it was the re-release of Zigzo (Got S and dis-Star -Best of ZIGZO-) which included the PV VHS on DVD for the first time.

Here's most of the official live releases

DVD
-The Last Scene (2002)
-The 2nd Scene (2013) 2012-03-17 live with an extra DVD including their warm up gig on 2011-1-20 at Shibuya O-West
-Beyond the Moment (2013 or 2014) featuring a concert from 202

VHS (both never  released on DVD)
-The First Scene 2000
-Wonderful Days - 2001-12-27 Shibuya AX (Fanclub only)

Lives broadcast on WOWOW or some other TV channel:
-1st Scene ZIGZO (WOWOW SPECIAL 1999.07.01) extended version of what was officially release on VHS
-1999-09-23 SAPPORO STARTING (The First Scene)
-Zigzo (2001-05-26 ZIGZO NIGHT) During the performance of 'my problems' , there is an interlude with Tetsu singing a few lines of lyrics that he would reuse a few years later for nil's Neon from Excalibur.

For audio bootlegs, they released every show  from their 2012 tour and the first few 2013 shows on their official website. That website is defunct now.

hmm I think I mistook it with the DECADE  live CD, just saw the cover online and looks similar to what I remember.  Anyways, I should have come back to the shop to buy it the next day :grin:

Sign in to follow this