miyukihime

Japanese romance/comedy movies/series

Hey guys!

I am searching for Japanese romantic/comedy movies/series to watch. I know there's a lot of them but I am a sucker for those high-school romance movies with a tint of comedy (I loved Koizora, I give my first love to you, Japanese version of Romeo and Juliet etc). Anything light, quirky and fun. (Possibly with cute actors, lol.) 

Thank you in advance!!

Have you seen Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu (the tv series version, not the movie)? It has some drama... and as far I remember a nice soundtrack too.

i don't know much but 'Check It Out, Yo!' is something i watched a while back that fits into that category. a young and innocent highschool romance that takes place in okinawa, so expect all that comfy and beachy vibes. also a good summer film~

Love Exposure

Josee, the Tiger and the Fish

My Girlfriend Is a Cyborg

A Scene at the Sea

To name a few. But these are a lot different from your regular Jdrama stuff, tho. Heavier, more complex and a lot more mature. But they are all very good romantic comedy films.

I thought Love & Peace by Sion Sono was great, but I'm biased bc it has a giant Gamera tribute in it, sooooo.....

17 hours ago, Bear said:

Josee, the Tiger and the Fish

To name a few. But these are a lot different from your regular Jdrama stuff, tho. Heavier, more complex and a lot more mature. But they are all very good romantic comedy films.

That one is a very very good chooice though as you say, not very "light".

Adding some more...Rainbow song; Go or Closed Note from Isao Yukisada; Lili Chou Chou, April Story, Picnic or Love Letter from Shunji Iwai (well, in fact people should watch all Iwais films :mrgreen:), Tokyo Serendipity, and some comedies leaving apart the romance part I would say Kisaragi, Welcome to the Quiet Room, Adrift at Tokyo, Survive Style 5+ and all SABU movies

If you checkout kissasian.ch they regularly upload latest japanese movies and dramas.

Im a sucker for high school movies too. 

I give my first love to you is my favouriteeeeee.

Recently the ones ive watched and are pretty good:

Day time shooting star

Heroine disqualified

Peach girl

ReLife

Today's Kira-kun

One week friends

Hope that helps :)

Edited by kiixx