Tokage

"Lost" J-Music Media

12 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

Well, I do have that song, actually. Got it back in the days, so it was shared on LJ, probably. I can upload it, if you want.

BLESS YOU 🙌🙌🙌

Not QUITE lost per se, but still relatively hard to find... Guniw Tools had a song called Cor... that played during the end credits of VV Niwlun. It wasn't included in any of their actual albums, but it apparently (somehow) ended up on an EBM/electro va album from 1992. The snippet from the VV Niwlun credits is up on Youtube for anyone who's interested. 

There's also the song Noisy Birds, which only appeared in PV form on one of their VHS releases, but as far as I know never on any other albums or singles. 

I can't remember which of the two it was, but either Cor... or Noisy Birds was later released by Nookicky on some live dist. if i'm not mistaken..

Edited by Tokage

On 30.10.2017 at 6:04 PM, Tokage said:

I'm not sure if it was just a case of pure misinformation or if it's another case of mysterious turborarez, but I vaguely recall seeing something on LJ back in the day about cali gari supposedly releasing a fanclub limited album somewhere early on in their post-revival era. I'm personally rather inclined to believe it's bullshit, since I've never heard or seen anything about it since.. It must've been somewhere around the time of 10's release.

they release 'fanclub only' cds every year... singles, dvd, etc. (but i suppose they're not the only band who doing that...)

On 2017/11/3 at 12:05 PM, SHOKI said:

You can find most them easily, with some of them even on YouTube itself:

For example: Tetsu era liveTetsu's Last Live, Early Gackt era Live (audio only)

There's also audio recordings of another Tetsu era live (Cher de memoire I) and two lives from Klaha era (Gardenia tour and their Last live)

I imagine those probably have been uploaded here at some point but, if you can't find any working link, let me know and I'll upload them for you.

Ah, sorry, I thought you were talking about lives that haven't been shared on YouTube. But thank you for replying! I don't think I have the last live audio, but I'll check around here first. ^^

I'm especially looking for Gackt-era bootleg vids, but these are harder to find since up until the late 80s to mid-90s it was still ok to take videos at concerts and fans would trade them, but later music venues started cracking down on the practice.

I don't know if this counts but (a sort lived vk band from 06-07) had a final release  "2007.12.11 女朗花"  I've been searching for it for years but never found anything anywhere about it, although I do vaguely  remember  reading something about it on Ameba possibly confirming it's existence but I've never been able to find any Ameba post about it again. lol So I'm not even sure if I ever actually did see a post about it. Also part of the reason why it hard to find any info. on this release is because the band's name ℃ making it nearly impossible. About the only way tho find any info. on the band at all is to search the names of their releases. lol

20 hours ago, jaymee said:

Ah, sorry, I thought you were talking about lives that haven't been shared on YouTube. But thank you for replying! I don't think I have the last live audio, but I'll check around here first. ^^

I'm especially looking for Gackt-era bootleg vids, but these are harder to find since up until the late 80s to mid-90s it was still ok to take videos at concerts and fans would trade them, but later music venues started cracking down on the practice.

Sorry! I'm not sure if I have ever seen a Gackt era bootleg vid, since like you said around that time bands started getting picky with that. If I ever have the luck and find any footage of those concerts I'll let you now. Send me a DM or quote me here again if you can't find the Last Live audio so I can upload it for you!

On 10/30/2017 at 1:15 PM, Tokage said:

Wasn't there some kind of Dezert live DVD that just... never ended up coming out or am I remembering things wrong?

yep, outo no susume @ o-east was scrapped after kira left, just around the time that they announced it and released a trailer. some good footage we'll never see, beside the archived trailer on like vk.com lololol

Edited by emmny

Apparently the singer of Kuroageha (Mukuro) later sung for "Soul Soy SaucE", a band that maybe released an album, the only reference of which I have found here: 

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p477522942.

This listing is expensive, and answers no questions. Does anyone know anything about it?

Link to vkdb: https://www.vkdb.jp/%B9%F5%EA%A3%C4%B3.html

Edit:

Also, the Night Breeze Zinnia apparently released a demo named "ナイト戦隊ブリーズV", but there is no evidence of it existing online (their archived site doesn't have it). Does anyone have any information on it?

http://www22.big.or.jp/~yunisan/vi/thenightbreezezinnia.html

Edit 2:

What did Lucky Bon Bon put out, apart from appearing on "emergency express 1992"? Yunisan doesn't really help...

http://www22.big.or.jp/~yunisan/vi/luckybonbon.html

Edited by Laurence02

On 2017/10/29 at 9:28 PM, Biopanda said:

Doesn't really reveal a lot, but it's still really interesting to see that each of these bands were in the studio recording a minialbum's worth of songs that would never end up being released.

I think it must happen a lot, or in the very least there are multiple version of songs that never get a proper release.

I know when PLC used to record new material or adapt it to a live show, often each member would bring in their own arrangement/version of a song and the band would choose which version was best to record or play. I'm sure, like many other bands, this also included songs written and recorded material that never made the cut or were held off for later release, but then the band disbanded/took a different direction/etc. and it never happened. This seems especially common with bands that do themed releases.

Then you have multiple bands that when performing a song for the first time, would play a preliminary version of it live before reworking it for easier set-up/play or so it would sound even better live. There used to be a lot of gya (probably still are) who, if anything, would go to the first and last concerts of a tour to hear everything "go wrong" when a band plays new material and then see the adjustments made and how the show had "evolved" by the tour final.

Anyway, cool finds! It would be nice if bands were more willing to release these kinds of things, if not only for more insight into their creative processes.

Some pre-DEG stuff:

http://warasibe.co.jp/detail.php?ec=10007646

Spoiler

Dir en greyの前身バンドLa:Sadie’sのLIVE映像です。

■収録内容
-La:Sadie’s’96,12/27LIVE-
生命ノ罪
架空ト現実
舞夢
情景破綻世界
...to die
腐乱ユエニ
貴方ノ棘、刹那ヲ...
-La:Sadie’s-TV「BREAK OUT!ランキング入り映像」-
腐乱ユエニ(PV)

A live video by La:Sadie's that's not one of the "big three"? :o Also, a PV? :o:o

http://warasibe.co.jp/detail.php?ec=10007644

Spoiler

[LIVE音源]
残(原曲ver)
刹那

La:Sadie's versions of ZAN and Setsuna? Also mentioned here, along with 鏡死 and 刺ノ刻, whatever those songs are.

http://warasibe.co.jp/detail.php?ec=10007645

Spoiler

親愛なるDeathMask(黒夢カバー)

The famous Kuroyume cover. Don't know from which date, though. Could be the February pre-DEG concert or a later...

This guy says that one of Kyo's earlier bands covered the song as well, and that he has a tereko of the performance, but won't share it... love the scene, really :3

http://warasibe.co.jp/detail.php?ec=10007643

Spoiler

Dir en greyの京が在籍していた月蝕のデモテープ、LIVE音源です。

■収録内容
01 静寂
02 毒殺
03 黒白
04 過去のない私へ
05 月蝕

Not sure what this is. In general, the whole Gesshoku discography is a little confusing^^

http://warasibe.co.jp/detail.php?ec=10007642

Spoiler

Dir en greyの京が在籍していたmasqueradeのデモテープ+LIVE音源です。

03 静寂
04 Masquerade
05 ICE

Allegedly, they're live tracks, but... well, no idea if they exist. Also mentioned here.

Leaked La:Sadie's lives:

14.08.1996 - Kumagaya Vogue (one song leaked)

16.08.1996 - Niigata Odo-Hall

20.08.1996 - 市川CLUB GIO ( two songs leaked)

29.08.1996 - Osaka AMhall (completely leaked, often mislabeled as LS' last live)

Also, from DEG's Mousou~ VHS tapes and their VOS documentary, we know that most, if not all of their indies concerts were actually recorded on camera.

I also have to correct an earlier statement regarding Kiri to Mayu and Sangeki no Yoru: The actual story is that one day before DEG began recording MISSA, Kyo was told to change the lyrics for Sangeki no Yoru. The band considered removing the song from the EP for that reason, but decided against it since Kiri to Mayu, as it was now called, was the first song the fans were to hear so it was important.

And something y'all probably didn't know: Karma was actually supposed to be on MISSA as well, but was not included due to the same reasons. Both songs were later included on the Kaede VHS. Which brings me to another fact:

If your Kaede Crystal Video Box has blood on its back, it's Shinya's. He cut himself while packing the boxes (which the band had to do themselves). Although it's unclear how many boxes they packed, after all, there are 10k copies^^

Edited by Seelentau

On 11/9/2017 at 1:52 PM, Laurence02 said:

What did Lucky Bon Bon put out, apart from appearing on "emergency express 1992"? Yunisan doesn't really help...

http://www22.big.or.jp/~yunisan/vi/luckybonbon.html

Outside of the Emergency Express 1992 omnibus, LBB didn't have anything ever released on CD.  They released a handful of demo-tapes due Andy and Ryollan burnt their bridges with Free-Will Records when they left Decameron.  Back during the early days of VK, burning bridges with one of the 'big two' (Extasty & Free-Will) once you made that connection with them meant the death of your band and vk career.  Since Lucky Bon Bon were based in Kyoto, that also adds up to the rarity of the demo-tapes.

On 10/29/2017 at 2:54 PM, emmny said:

kein was also the same, except with the vast majority of their songs unrecorded. even their alleged last live VHS is something of legend

Did you mean this VHS? Something i randomly found while on google its in a unexpected mpeg format and Audio is 192 kbps: (I dont take credit and the Video quality is badd....)

In addition i have other stuff. This video was original taken from a videos folder i found on the internet entirely japanese idk how to make sense of any of this (Dead link as of yesterday) but i did find out one of the artist in which i posted a .vob recently in the videos section.

Here is the site i got this videos link from may contain something im unsure. If you skip to line 3909 it starts listing off bands most i never heard of.

https://pastebin.com/9j3LvtK0

Edited by Axius

13 hours ago, Ikki said:

Outside of the Emergency Express 1992 omnibus, LBB didn't have anything ever released on CD.  They released a handful of demo-tapes due Andy and Ryollan burnt their bridges with Free-Will Records when they left Decameron.  Back during the early days of VK, burning bridges with one of the 'big two' (Extasty & Free-Will) once you made that connection with them meant the death of your band and vk career.  Since Lucky Bon Bon were based in Kyoto, that also adds up to the rarity of the demo-tapes.

By a handful, do you mean like two? I have seen (and missed) auctions of one tape, the "山賊版" demo.

4 hours ago, Axius said:

Did you mean this VHS? Something i randomly found while on google its in a unexpected mpeg format and Audio is 192 kbps: (I dont take credit and the Video quality is badd....)

This exists on youtube actually, i didn't know that this was the live in question because the footage was short (the YT edit cuts out the outro so i thought more was to follow, LOL)

thanks though!

16 hours ago, Laurence02 said:

By a handful, do you mean like two? I have seen (and missed) auctions of one tape, the "山賊版" demo.

There's at least two that I know of and those were listed on the page you linked previously.  There might be more out there, but since LBB weren't popular and were based in Kyoto, the people that still have them might not be as eager to sell them.  I own a demo tape by Naoki (Decameron) that I have zero information other than it was released before Decameron's Blue Stranger and I have never been able to find it for sale outside from the MH user I bought it off of. 

6 hours ago, Ikki said:

There's at least two that I know of and those were listed on the page you linked previously.  There might be more out there, but since LBB weren't popular and were based in Kyoto, the people that still have them might not be as eager to sell them.  I own a demo tape by Naoki (Decameron) that I have zero information other than it was released before Decameron's Blue Stranger and I have never been able to find it for sale outside from the MH user I bought it off of. 

Aha, cool! Thanks!

THE BLACK SWAN have a bunch of unreleased SE  that after their first few lives, they stopped playing all together.And a song that they've been playing for a long time now called XXX In The Box. Seeing how they are on the verge of disbandment, I honestly don't see these tracks being released.

XXX IN THE BOX

不思議な何かの時間 (Fushigi na Nani ka no Jikan  )

命灯 (Meitou)

Hollow Trip

黒鳥の湖 (Kokuchou no Mizuumi) 

Edited by Aferni

On 10/30/2017 at 12:15 PM, Tokage said:

Wasn't there some kind of Dezert live DVD that just... never ended up coming out or am I remembering things wrong?

Outou No Susume. It's cancellation was due to Kira being in the live video and since he left\announced his leaving shortly before it was cancelled due to them I guess not wanting anything to do with him/Splitting whatever monies came to them from said dvd with Kira since he was leaving. Or atleast that's my guess. It's a shame too because the trailer was crazy amazing and now it's gone from their channel. I wish I would've dl'ed it.

CHARM (Kaoru's ex-band):

Ruby (Shinya's ex-band):

D†L (Toshiya's ex-band):

Viṣṇu (Kyo's ex-band):

Edited by Seelentau

On 11/8/2017 at 6:29 PM, Mamo said:

I don't know if this counts but (a sort lived vk band from 06-07) had a final release  "2007.12.11 女朗花"  I've been searching for it for years but never found anything anywhere about it, although I do vaguely  remember  reading something about it on Ameba possibly confirming it's existence but I've never been able to find any Ameba post about it again. lol So I'm not even sure if I ever actually did see a post about it. Also part of the reason why it hard to find any info. on this release is because the band's name ℃ making it nearly impossible. About the only way tho find any info. on the band at all is to search the names of their releases. lol

I have a picture at least: https://vk.gy/releases/c-nagoya/6244/ominaeshi/

40 minutes ago, inartistic said:

Holy crap! Were you the one who uploaded the pic if so where did you get it? Was it just images from an auction? If not in well lol honestly I never even thought a picture of this cd would surface. I only wish I could buy it myself lol

On 13.1.2018 at 4:11 AM, Seelentau said:

http://warasibe.co.jp/detail.php?ec=10007642

Hide contents

Dir en greyの京が在籍していたmasqueradeのデモテープ+LIVE音源です。

03 静寂
04 Masquerade
05 ICE

Allegedly, they're live tracks, but... well, no idea if they exist. Also mentioned here.

So apparently, these songs do exist, or at least 04 and 05 do. Don't know about 静寂, but it's also said to be the SE for Gesshoku's live VHS, so huh...

There are also some more, that would probably be visnu songs then: neo-nazis, 風の無い処へ, sabbat, slave, mania, end and an unnamed ballad.

Along with the 真紅 tape I earlier posted. Of course all these songs are 100% off the internet :(

And three VHS tapes that won't ever see the light of the day:

nD68Gs0.jpg

Edited by Seelentau

Yup, the person I got these from told me that they would have to ask all other members first before they could share them with me. And they obviously won't do that.

And even if they did, I'm preeeetty sure they'd ask me not to share them further anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯