Tokage

"Lost" J-Music Media

On 10/29/2017 at 8:28 AM, Biopanda said:

Outside of Grieva, I've got a bit of info with... no real info actually XD Last year I had received some uncirculated demo CDs from the bands Orphee, Medical Trance Peach and Romance For~. Each of these contained 5-6 unreleased songs and (as far as I can guess from how they looked) came from a former(?) employee of a recording studio. There was no tracklists or other info on these beyond recording dates on the Romance For CD(1999.03.15~1999.04.15). Doesn't really reveal a lot, but it's still really interesting to see that each of these bands were in the studio recording a minialbum's worth of songs that would never end up being released.

I actually tried to reach out to both respective parties about these CDs.

Kyohei ignored my Facebook message (wow) and someone from Romance For~ didn't even remember recording that CD. :spin: 

@WhirlingBlackAh. I stand corrected. Sorry. Though, it should still be noted that both Objexxx and Setsuna share very similar instrumentals, if not the same, so the notion that one was a remake of the other isn't ENTIRELY incorrect, but it is partially incorrect and is an easy to make misconception.

Some of my favorites:

• Sixteen photobooks planned for a 2006 release, that were cancelled due to KISAKI's tax evasion scandal around that time. About half were to be of KISAKI × random VK bands, but the rest were dedicated to VIDOLL, Phantasmagoria, CODOMO A, and hardcore bands that had played with Phantasmagoria. If I recall correctly, all of the books had been completely finished, but the company refused to release the photos. UNDER CODE must have lost a HUGE amount of money on them, and we collectively lost a good chunk of mid-2000s vk history.
  • Distray (old Matina band) had a 5-month single campaign which was never released, and fellow Matina band LAYBIAL never released their planned full album.
  • During their 2013 revival, DAS:VASSER announced two DVDs, but never released them. I was pretty sad about that one.

Here's a partial list of cancelled releases in the weloveucp.com database.

Wasn't there some kind of Dezert live DVD that just... never ended up coming out or am I remembering things wrong?

1 hour ago, AimiGen7 said:

@WhirlingBlackAh. I stand corrected. Sorry. Though, it should still be noted that both Objexxx and Setsuna share very similar instrumentals, if not the same, so the notion that one was a remake of the other isn't ENTIRELY incorrect, but it is partially incorrect and is an easy to make misconception.

Well according to this blog: http://cisum990.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-145.html

Dir indeed used to play some La:Sadie's songs live, but no known setlist has those listed...

By the way, my source says that Ranshishoku later became 理由 and that 理由 existed earlier than GAUZE, according to a 2000 interview.

34 minutes ago, inartistic said:

Some of my favorites:

• Sixteen photobooks planned for a 2006 release, that were cancelled due to KISAKI's tax evasion scandal around that time. About half were to be of KISAKI × random VK bands, but the rest were dedicated to VIDOLL, Phantasmagoria, CODOMO A, and hardcore bands that had played with Phantasmagoria. If I recall correctly, all of the books had been completely finished, but the company refused to release the photos. UNDER CODE must have lost a HUGE amount of money on them, and we collectively lost a good chunk of mid-2000s vk history.
  • Distray (old Matina band) had a 5-month single campaign which was never released, and fellow Matina band LAYBIAL never released their planned full album.
  • During their 2013 revival, DAS:VASSER announced two DVDs, but never released them. I was pretty sad about that one.

Here's a partial list of cancelled releases in the weloveucp.com database.

Ah, you're here as well? Cool :D

Did you ever got around to uploading the La:Sadie's things etc. I asked you for on twitter? :3

Edited by Seelentau

Oh, thought of two more.

Yuuga x Phobia's vocalist (Kisui?) had a small project that released a hip-hop mini album which was apparently supposed to be the first installment of 3.

Endorphine, the splinter band of Baiser, released a mini-album called "Brain Child" who's booklet said that it was the first in a series of several planned releases. As far as I know, those never happened (even with one of the band's singles getting a radio edit). 

6 hours ago, Seelentau said:

刹那 (Setsuna) would later become Unknown...Despair...a Lost.

Seeing as the two songs were performed at the same shows in 1997, that's not true, I'm sorry to say. It was simply just scrapped along with the rest because they culled a lot of their indies sound when they went major. 

25 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Seeing as the two songs were performed at the same shows in 1997, that's not true, I'm sorry to say. It was simply just scrapped along with the rest because they culled a lot of their indies sound when they went major. 

I can't find any performance in 97 where they played Unknown, though? Do you have some that aren't on livehis/setlist.fm?

Does anyone know about Crazy shampoo ever officially releasing these three songs:

Dance 

Testament

Regulation

@Shmilly

Yoshiatsu's previous band Crazy Shampoo also had a couple of songs they often performed live but never saw official releases.

I found 3 of these limited lives of them but in bad quality:

Re-edit: I realized these are also limited lives of crazy shampoo so i attempted to convert the original mp4 into a flac. As well as a mp3 version into 112 kbps. I honestly which i could get better quality but my final conclusion when listening to these. (Real Good songs i wish for better qualitys of )

Dance: sounds like crap

Testament: Doesn't sound that bad 

Regulation: Doesn't sounds that bad

Mp3: 112 kbps

Edited by doomsoul136

5 hours ago, Seelentau said:

I can't find any performance in 97 where they played Unknown, though? Do you have some that aren't on livehis/setlist.fm?

I don't, but I do vaguely remember them releasing cassette demos with this track as a B-side, so it's not out of the question.

Also to take this in the other direction there's a release by La:Sadie's, ・・・残サレタ記憶ノ物語・・・ (Nokosareta Kioku no Monogatari), which was commonly believed to be a demo tape with one track of the same name. It's actually just a repressing of ・・・生命ノ罪・・・(Seimei no Tsumi).

On 31.10.2017 at 3:40 AM, Zeus said:

I don't, but I do vaguely remember them releasing cassette demos with this track as a B-side, so it's not out of the question.

Also to take this in the other direction there's a release by La:Sadie's, ・・・残サレタ記憶ノ物語・・・ (Nokosareta Kioku no Monogatari), which was commonly believed to be a demo tape with one track of the same name. It's actually just a repressing of ・・・生命ノ罪・・・(Seimei no Tsumi).

I assume, WhirlingBlack refers to this setlist, which list*ed UDaL and Setsuna. However, I have an incomplete a complete tereko w/setlist and the song after 藍紫色 is actually Re:birth.

But I must say that I've never ever heard of a cassette demo with either of the two tracks as a B-side. The only demo tapes I know of are single/album promos, the two message tapes and the Karma / Aoitsuki demo. I'd be honestly surprised if there's more^^

As for La:Sadie's, you refer to this one, right? I think it's actually a re-recording, though. But my collection is kinda unsorted, so I dunno^^

And yes, I was confused about the name as well. Normally, they put the tape name on the spine, but it appears that in this case, it's the name of the event where the tape was distributed at. Their official discography also gives 生命ノ罪・・・ as the name.

(Ignoring the ・・・NAME・・・ vs NAME・・・ issue, of course... seems like they could never really decide ._.)

Edited by Seelentau

So I tried digging up information on the Memento Mori song I mentioned earlier, and couldn't find any evidence of a demo. The Kanji name is 二月八日の失明, as seen on live DVDs.

Then, I came across this site, which lists the song: http://www.weblio.jp/wkpja/content/見世物小屋演者集団「メメント・モリ」_見世物小屋演者集団「メメント・モリ」の概要

It lists it under "other"

Apparently, the band once actually had a wikipedia page, but it was deleted, and this is the only record of it. 

This is as far as I've gotten. I have no idea how to contact "Rose Tsukada" on anything like Facebook or Twitter. I do know of him outside of YT because he used to be the moderator for the Kuroyuri to Kage facebook fanpage, but then he left. 

Alternatively, if anyone else has information, that'd be lovely.

I'd resort to personally contacting the members, but I doubt that would help, as they didn't respond to my request to see if they had a PO Box I could send fanmail to (I was hoping to send a painting I made as a birthday present for Kuro and K), and I'm pretty sure Mei himself wouldn't be any help since he'd probably just troll us. 

Also, is it even possible to get into personal contact with the members? I see VisualKei friends in Japan talk about their bandmen friends, but none of them are from Memento Mori and Kuroyuri to Kage. 

The only one who has the original masters probably is Shinjou Kasumi, who I think may be possible to get into contact with. If anyone is interested in helping me (and speaks Japanese), then please do. PM me so we can figure this shit out.

10 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Yuuga x Phobia's vocalist (Kisui?) had a small project that released a hip-hop mini album which was apparently supposed to be the first installment of 3.

.................i had to do a double take on this o.O

not a good thing to read when ur high af :oro::oro::oro:

17 hours ago, doomsoul136 said:

Does anyone know about Crazy shampoo ever officially releasing these three songs:

Dance 

Testament

Regulation

In 2014 Crazy Shampoo did a series of five onemans over the span of five months and distributed a free CD at each of them. Dance, Testament, and Regulation were 3/5 of those free distributes. The other two were パナシェ and 真昼の兵隊. None of them saw a proper release because their label dropped them, forcing them to disband at the last of those five onemans. 

As @Shmillymentioned previously, they also had two free distributes at their onemans at Rokumeikan in September 2012: ゲルニカ and 抜刀.

ゲルニカ is the song they play at 7:14 here

抜刀 is the first song here

Unfortunately, I don't know a single person who has either CD and I saw Crazy Shampoo for the first time a month after those onemans so I never got my hands on them. ゲルニカ is my favorite Crazy Shampoo song so I'm pretty disappointed I've never seen it show up in Closet Child/Puresound/various auction sites in the past 5 years. However, I am grateful that it still exists on YouTube and on their live DVDs.

They had a couple other songs they often played but I don't believe ever got recorded (ニトロポリタン, パニッシュ!!, ActresS, グルコサミン). To my knowledge the only free distribute that ended up on an official release is アンブレラ.

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

I have, but not recently. I gave up years ago to be honest. Pretty much no one has it because Crazy Shampoo had almost no fans back then and of those few who might have it I'm sure still have it or sold it while they were still active or around the time of their disbandment. Same goes for 抜刀.

These are the ones that come to my head at the moment

NEW SODMY

mousouko (there is only a small clip of it in the TOUR CAT WALK 2002 -Documents- VHS, and a transcription of its lyrics, but it remains unrecorded), 

Frame (only played live, unrecorded), 

DALA (you can hear it in the LAST LIE live VHS but there never was a proper recording).

MALICE MIZER

16のソリチュード (16 no SOLITUDE), 

Freeze me

Portugal

白昼のワルツ (Hakuchuu no WALTZ)

前兆  (Zenchou's vocal version),

魅惑のタンゴ (Miwaku no TANGO),

You can hear them in several bootleg recordings from their lives.

E'm~grief~

Rita and Cecir were supposedly working on new songs some time after their hiatus, but with Yuuze's death and Rita leaving the scene I guess any chance of getting to hear them are pretty much dead too.

3 hours ago, SHOKI said:

These are the ones that come to my head at the moment

NEW SODMY

mousouko (there is only a small clip of it in the TOUR CAT WALK 2002 -Documents- VHS, and a transcription of its lyrics, but it remains unrecorded), 

Frame (only played live, unrecorded), 

DALA (you can hear it in the LAST LIE live VHS but there never was a proper recording).

MALICE MIZER

16のソリチュード (16 no SOLITUDE), 

Freeze me

Portugal

白昼のワルツ (Hakuchuu no WALTZ)

前兆  (Zenchou's vocal version),

魅惑のタンゴ (Miwaku no TANGO),

You can hear them in several bootleg recordings from their lives.

E'm~grief~

Rita and Cecir were supposedly working on new songs some time after their hiatus, but with Yuuze's death and Rita leaving the scene I guess any chance of getting to hear them are pretty much dead too.

Are there places where bootleg MM lives have been uploaded? Back in the day an old friend of mine had a few TV live appearances, but we could never seem to get a hold of anything bootlegged past random concert clips. Would love to see some of those. D:

20 hours ago, Duwang said:

In 2014 Crazy Shampoo did a series of five onemans over the span of five months and distributed a free CD at each of them. Dance, Testament, and Regulation were 3/5 of those free distributes. The other two were パナシェ and 真昼の兵隊. None of them saw a proper release because their label dropped them, forcing them to disband at the last of those five onemans. 

Yeah, I was able to get my hands on all those a while ago.

They had a couple other songs they often played but I don't believe ever got recorded (ニトロポリタン, パニッシュ!!, ActresS, グルコサミン). To my knowledge the only free distribute that ended up on an official release is アンブレラ.

I wonder if パニッシュ!! became パナシェ since the titles are so similar? It's a while since I've watched any live footage so I can't remember if any of the other unreleased songs sounded alike.

2 hours ago, Shmilly said:

Yeah, I was able to get my hands on all those a while ago.

If you have those limited lives would to be kind enough to post them. It is your decision if not then its fine. I just would love to hear there limited lives.

3 hours ago, Shmilly said:

I wonder if パニッシュ!! became パナシェ since the titles are so similar? It's a while since I've watched any live footage so I can't remember if any of the other unreleased songs sounded alike.

They're actually two very different songs.  パニッシュ!! is one of their oldest songs. You can see it in this video from 2011 (7:38~) 

Watching that video now, there are two songs they played that I don't think I've ever heard (チルドレン and Dot.) . I guess they must'ved scrapped them early on.

Moran have two unreleased songs - according to one user on an archived tanuki thread, they're called "nun" and "深海魚” - and were only played once. They may have been reworked into later songs, but I couldn't find any proof of that. 

Proof from Soan himself: https://ameblo.jp/moran-soan/entry-10136691782.html

Edited by The Moon

On 1/11/2017 at 9:03 AM, jaymee said:

Are there places where bootleg MM lives have been uploaded? Back in the day an old friend of mine had a few TV live appearances, but we could never seem to get a hold of anything bootlegged past random concert clips. Would love to see some of those. D:

You can find most them easily, with some of them even on YouTube itself:

For example: Tetsu era liveTetsu's Last Live, Early Gackt era Live (audio only)

There's also audio recordings of another Tetsu era live (Cher de memoire I) and two lives from Klaha era (Gardenia tour and their Last live)

I imagine those probably have been uploaded here at some point but, if you can't find any working link, let me know and I'll upload them for you.

On 29/10/2017 at 1:46 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

I've yet to also find JIVE's new under world

Well, I do have that song, actually. Got it back in the days, so it was shared on LJ, probably. I can upload it, if you want.

kannivalism had two early songs called 'ANTI MORALIST BABY' and 'murasaki cherry' that were never recorded afaik, only terekos. There's also another one called 'Demo' in my files, but I couldn't recognize if it end up being the base for some other song.

xTRiPx's ピンクロ。was shared, but not in its entirety. the song '[-1141716394-]' never saw the light, ever. Neither was the remake of 'CryBaby', released on 2012. There's also several songs from their early days that were never recorded, like 'Shuffle', 'Little snow', 'Rainy drop' and 'JUMP'.