Sign in to follow this  
utaulatias

hi there!

Hi! I've been lurking on the forums for a few months now so I finally thought it was time to make an account!

I'm from the U.S. but I've been living in Japan for a little over a year now (and I'm hoping to stay here for a long time tbh!)

I live in the Kansai area, so I go to mostly Osaka lives.

I didn't start listening to Vkei until I moved to Japan so I'm very much a newbie in terms of even knowing the names of bands. (other than of course the huge bands everyone knows) 

Right now I'm following Golden Bomber, Kiryuu, Sick2, and Tensai.

I like a lot of Jpop and Jrock music too like TMR, Daoko, Unison Square Garden, and Wanima.

I don't have a lot of friends who like to going concerts so feel free to contact me if you're ever in Osaka!! (I also do sometimes nightbus to Tokyo for lives)

Welcome! I'm glad you've decided to join us. How did you get to know about vk over there? It's hard to come by such fresh fans of the scene.

I kind of keep up with Sick2 and Kiryu. I hope to see Sick2 live in my next trip to JP, they sound interesting to say the least lol

If you have any questions feel free to contact a mod (red or blue name). 

Thanks so much!

I went to a music festival with my friend actually to see TMR, and Golden Bomber was also there. I'd heard of visual kei but I never really got into it but seeing GB on stage, I instantly fell in love with them. Also, we were in a row with a bunch of GB-gyas who were all doing the furi and headbanging which was something I'd never seen before! And even though they're not really very visual kei by most people's standards, they're my first love and they mean a lot to me!

After that, I slowly starting getting into other bands and I saw Kiryu for the first time last July in my prefecture's tiny livehouse which was awesome and now I'm addicted to them too! 

But definitely go see Sick2 if you have the chance! Sick2 puts on a really fun performance. They have some of the most complicated furi of any band I've ever seen so make sure you study their Youtube videos so you don't get lost!

Edited by utaulatias
spelling :p

Sign in to follow this