Spike760

Dir en grey

Looks more like some sort of cosplay of Kato from Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis...

Katospell.jpg

Fun fact: M. Bison from Street Fighter was also designed after this dude

Fun fact: M. Bison from Street Fighter was also designed after this dude

I think they used the cover to that movie as inspiration for some promo poster for Street Fighter II as well, right?

I think I remember hearing that on "did you know gaming?" via Youtube.

BTW, Touru has turned 40 yesterday.

he celebrated at a somewhat surprise sukekiyo show as it was announced 2 or 3 days before the actual date and still went sold out.

the band came back for a super duper special encore after hearing the crowd clapping non stop.

he said, ‘ah… I was changing thinking about going back, but… well, thank you so much.

sukekiyo doesn’t usually do encore, but only today. just today, let’s sing together.’

*as told by kyotakumrau.

I didn't see the news anywhere else on the forum so :
You can vote here for the upcoming limited version of their live DVD at nippon budokan. You can choose the "point of view" for each member with a song. Kinda like the limited version of their Urobors DVD.

Ok I chose the inferno in the first one and then cause of fickleness in the second.... without any clue what I just did :D

Just noticed that the Limited Edition 1st Press ARCHE Blu Ray is available to pre-order everywhere. I'd quite like to get a copy, but it's so expensive! Has anyone found it for a decent price? I can't see it for under £75 (about $110 US) shipped.

When will Dir en grey finally step it up and add more traditional folk instruments / horns / saxophones or whatever to their sound.... that would be tight.....

Even if you're trolling, ware yami tote and vinushka are some of the best songs they have ever done and I get that vibe from them. So fuck the sludge metal shit.

i'm not even trolling, i honestly wanna see Dir en grey go full Oto-Oni on our collective asses

i'm not even trolling, i honestly wanna see Dir en grey go full Oto-Oni on our collective asses

I feel like they're already half-way there at least. There have been various smatterings of it recently (adding the break of Reiketsu Nariseba to that list) as well as the LOS AWKIS Folklore mix of VANITAS. They probably won't drop their rock band setup any time soon, especially as they've been favouring a much heavier sound. I can definitely see it happening more, just restricted to b-sides and remixes.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they went and did something similar to MARROW; simpler songs recorded while on tour. The raw emotion in that album is something that imo was diluted in the heavily processed studio recordings of ARCHE and DUM SPIRO SPERO. Doesn't necessarily have to be extremely aggressive to be good. I guess we'll see in July how their sound has progressed.

As a side-note, I hope their next album is due for a Holiday 2016 release and not over a year after this single. I'm still confused that they stuck Hageshisa on DSS even though that single came out almost two years prior.

Wow never heard this mix thanks! Right up my ally! 

I feel you on the rawness of Marrow tho.... People like to trash that album but its not as bad as Arche for me.