Spike760

Dir en grey

Naah that's not her. Saw her picture once.

I believe so. I wonder how she would react when she finds out that the band covered Iron Maiden, The Stalin, X Japan, and Spread Beaver.

Oh I'd totally tell you how. She would attack you for insulting Kyo, then whine about how no one ever understands her right.

I believe so. I wonder how she would react when she finds out that the band covered Iron Maiden, The Stalin, X Japan, and Spread Beaver.

they covered iron maiden? D: when?

have yall seen the interview with shinya and some weeaboo thing called kawaii kakkoi sugoi? it was so cringey i love it

have yall seen the interview with shinya and some weeaboo thing called kawaii kakkoi sugoi? it was so cringey i love it

Nope, what was it about basically, and why was it cringy?

^I remember laughing at this and being jealous at the same time.

"Is Ann Demeulemeester a Japanese brand?" They really are kawaii sugoi stars hearts and horseshoes right there.

LMFAO the ann part was the best

tfw when she prolly expected him to say sex pot revenge or h.naoto lol

my bitch bad he dressed in gothy designer$$$$$

$$$$rolling$$$$

I'm giving my first serious listen to Sukekiyo and I love Hiroshi Mikami's voice in Focus, more than Kyo's.

This is really putting into perspective the reason I listen to Dir en grey, because if the only thing I don't like too much in Sukekiyo is Kyo's voice, then it really must be all the other components of Dir en grey that I'm into them for.

$$$$rolling$$$$

I'm giving my first serious listen to Sukekiyo and I love Hiroshi Mikami's voice in Focus, more than Kyo's.

This is really putting into perspective the reason I listen to Dir en grey, because if the only thing I don't like too much in Sukekiyo is Kyo's voice, then it really must be all the other components of Dir en grey that I'm into them for.

We just talked about kareki right? .D

Who wants to join in me fixing the setlist.fm page for Dir en grey? I now have 100% confirmation that the song generally known as "Ai Murasaki Iro" is in fact named "Ranshishoku", and thus a couple of setlists need to be fixed.

tefutefu is so good its borderline infuriating

like it makes me DANCE

HOW DARE U MAKE ME DANCE

as much as i loved DSS for its unrelenting heaviness and abrasion, i love the fabulous sense of rhythm on ARCHE

its the perfect mix of kaoru's hurdurr heavy -core riffing and die's older visual worship chord work.

tefutefu is an example of the perfect mix of the two, its dark and foreboding but infectiously catchy and fun.

/rant over

Who wants to join in me fixing the setlist.fm page for Dir en grey? I now have 100% confirmation that the song generally known as "Ai Murasaki Iro" is in fact named "Ranshishoku", and thus a couple of setlists need to be fixed.

I volunteer.

how did you confirm that? and Kanji please. :)

tefutefu is so good its borderline infuriating

like it makes me DANCE

HOW DARE U MAKE ME DANCE

as much as i loved DSS for its unrelenting heaviness and abrasion, i love the fabulous sense of rhythm on ARCHE

its the perfect mix of kaoru's hurdurr heavy -core riffing and die's older visual worship chord work.

tefutefu is an example of the perfect mix of the two, its dark and foreboding but infectiously catchy and fun.

/rant over

I thought that perfect mix was evident right from the get go in Un deux. The pre-chorus where Kaoru chugs and Die does his melodic jangling.

I volunteer.

how did you confirm that? and Kanji please. :)

This has been a long process for me, I've been working on it for years, but I managed to find an obscure old magazine clipping in an auction which I bought some years back but never got onto reading properly ("Groove Line vol-29" from December 1998) where a setlist is posted which gives the name as Ranshishoku.

I actually took the liberty of scanning it just so we can get rid of all doubt on the subject. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62973737/ranshishoku.jpg

If you look at the setlist in the lower left corner, you can notice that track nr.6, is actually given half in katakana as "ランシ色" either because the band wasn't sure on how they wanted to spell it at the time, or because they wanted to make clear the pronunciation. Notice how Mazohyst also is spelled in katakana since this was before the release of the track.

Now, the interesting thing is of course, that the kanji is exactly the same. A lot of kanji have two or more readings, and in this particular case, 藍紫色 can be read in kun'yomi, the "traditional Japanese" pronunciation, as Ai Murasaki Iro.

However, when read as on'yomi, which is essentially pronunciation  originally borrowed from China, the same three kanji reads out "Ranshishoku".

And while I cannot provide a source for this, I know for a fact that Kyo also presented the song as Ranshishoku during the 1998 tour.

These two evidence put together really left no doubt in my mind what the proper pronunciation of the title is, and thus I decided to make my research public.

And as a side note, hopefully this can also help anyone who still believes that "Karma" should be pronounced as "Waza"...

Arche is the first Dir en Grey album I've loved since Macabre. I think it's their best work. I've always respected them and felt they were head and shoulders above the modern visual scene as artists, but I didn't care for their musical direction. Arche is so incredible though; it's like visual kei from an alternate reality where VK stayed big and relevant and exciting. No offense to those that love the modern scene intended, just my opinion.

輪郭 is soul crushingly good.