Spike760

Dir en grey

IDC how bad ppl may have thought this entire set was. This easily is one of my fav performances due to how much energy they went into it with.

ALSO, SHINYA BEASTED. 

probably that was the last time Touru had a decent hairdo.

Acquired taste, heh (at least from my POV current, shorter cuts give him a bit of "tough" look - quite fitting concept-wise).

Also, regarding "Touru": I am not intending to do Kareki here but wasn't this handled like years ago already? Idk what fans are attempting to be when they stick to presumably "real names" (for the record, it doesn't take a genius to google out in Nipponese and find more sources referring to "Hironori" rather than "Tooru" but who gives a shit anyway). We have their officially acknowledged pseudonyms for that matter y'know.

I might actually take my words back and say: thank god that no one remembers "AAAH TOORU WARUMONO-SAN" idiocy from pre-'10 years, phew.

Regarding ARCHE (which is still a huge clusterfuck): "Midwife" gets too much hate.

It actually kind of bugs me when people refer to the band members by their "real" names too. I mean, those names actually got pulled from Wikipedia years ago, which I think is a pretty good indication that they were made up.

Top 3 Favorite Singles:

Dir en grey:

Child Prey

Kasumi

The Final

DIR EN GREY:

Dozing Green

Different Sense

Sustain the Untruth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAr8466lSUA

IDC how bad ppl may have thought this entire set was. This easily is one of my fav performances due to how much energy they went into it with.

ALSO, SHINYA BEASTED.

Ehhhh...

Clearly much of the problem can be attributed to poor mixing and probably monitor issues (was it during Obscure when Kyo glared at a stage hand running by, then screamed at another during a vocal break?), but there were also issues performance wise too. Kaoru totally mangled the solo, especially during the finger tapping part. Toshiya's vocals came in too early during the "live thru this world" part. And Shinya... I'll just say he was tired.

It actually kind of bugs me when people refer to the band members by their "real" names too. I mean, those names actually got pulled from Wikipedia years ago, which I think is a pretty good indication that they were made up.

^^^yep. like die's name has changed like 5 times in the foreign fandom depending on what tanuki's saying which is totally dumb. their real names are lame anyway brah

Sneak peek into Kyo's "septum look" (he apparently changed his casual style too):

tumblr_nwkhcdJkMQ1tdguc4o1_1280.jpg

The guy on the left is some journo from Rolling Stones Japan, and the article he worked on handles Kyos willingness to explore the worlds of Jodorowsky and Švankmajer. Hmmm...

Also, the sketch report from Niigata live revealed his next-level freakiness:

tumblr_nw5vl5o5441s3sleno2_1280.png

Fuckboi gear!

also, real photos from their China tour (HK?)

http://vrockhk.com/2015/10/19/dir-en-grey%E4%B9%85%E9%81%95%E5%8D%81%E4%B8%89%E5%B9%B4%E5%86%8D%E8%87%A8%E3%80%80%E5%8F%B0%E7%81%A3%E9%9F%B3%E6%A8%82%E7%AF%80%E9%96%8B%E5%94%B1/

Speaking of Toshiya, Japanese fans have informed that he became even more ripped than ever.

Here are the bands that performed there btw (some live-only omnibus)

tumblr_nwcwbstj1j1rjdgmbo1_1280.jpg

Three last acts are there due to the fact that they are all related to Free-Will (manager/CEO for Doginthepwo/Buglug/Blubillion's labels, Yukari (from ex-Baiser fame) works with Dynamite Tommy too).

Also: we might get ANOTHER sukekiyo release next year - here's what happened during Decays/Sukekiyo coupling gig back in August (or w/e it was, thx to azifxxx@tumblr):

(transl.) 1.) sukekiyo played a new song at Nagoya and Osaka. The song was like Hakuro, latour, dunes, foster mother, mama(original version).

Boo (you know, that chubby BFF of Dir's) decided to put up his own Xmas show soon, and he informed about his new *special* session band - not gonna bother with separate thread because barely anyone would care:

"TTT" (the band name, btw)

(for "Boo Xmas Event 2015"  21/12/2015)

members:

Vo: Mr.TTT (Boo)
Vo: KOJI (Tears Of The Rebel/ex.SCREAMING SOUL HILL)
Gt: Kaoru(DIR EN GREY)
Gt: Aiji (LM.C)
Ba: T$UYO$HI (The BONEZ/Pay money To my Pain)
Dr: DUTTCH (UZMK)

source: http://www.boonight.jp/

Patrick Lennon?

That's seriously a line in the lyrics? That's what was removed in the censored version?! (well, that and the "PEDOPHILIA")

WHO THE FUCK IS PATRICK LENNON?!

Maybe it's this Patrick Lennon? Totally random, but fits the subject. xD

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/oct/04/deputy-head-encouraged-child-rape

(it would even fit if Kyo were to reference something recent, since the news is about 8-9 months before the release of the new Tsumi...)