Spike760

Dir en grey

Not that anyone might care but since everyone knows what kind of stuff do say - Kaoru, Die or Shinya listen to, but I thought I could throw in my inspections of Kyo's own favs aside from his earlier biases (that aren't influencing him that much anymore):

- He's a huge Bauhaus fan (would love to share the stage with Peter Murphy someday - http://www.douban.com/group/topic/18668790/)

- When he was asked about "defunct" artists he admires and with whom he'd have liked to collab if they weren't...well, "defunct", he mentioned GG Allin too (obvious inspiration for his current stage persona, lol) -> same source as above

- Other favs I have found so far : ZOA, VIRUS (JP hc/thrash metal band), David Sylvian (mainly his darker post-Japan albums), Akina Nakamori (early DEG songs even have a couple of lyrical references to her songs)

Also: band's "deserted island" choices

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1107290061/

Either way, I still cannot find any connections to his actual interests behind his possible, latest contributions (hint: Kyo created the basis for "DREAMBOX" according to Haiiro no Ginka interviews at that time) - guess Kaoru being the main architect of Dir's sound kinda overshadows other members' contributions? Like the hell, I'd never think "Midwife" was Toshiya's song ("Cause of Fickleness" is a legit Shinya song though, the most obvious one-time comeback to his favorite eras)...

After hearing DECAYS and Sukekiyo, it is so clear that influence that Kaoru has on the bands sound.  It is why he has always been my favorite member as I know the dark and agressive sound is cultivated mostly by his musical direction.

When it comes to choosing remakes, I was suprised that 深い [Fukai] vs. (the Code of Vulgarism version) wasn't listed.  I honestly love both versions of that song, and to this day it is one of my favorite Diru B-Sides, mostly because that was the height of my Diru obsession when I was in High school in Japan.  For that reason, many of my most nostalgic and beloved songs come from the 鬼葬 [Kisou] - WTD era, but I still love their new and old songs too.

I never understood all the hate for MOAB - Songs like 艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み [Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi], 凌辱の雨 [Ryoujoku no Ame], and The Pledge are some of my Diru favorites - and just becasue the band dabbled in Metalcore after the Family values tour doesn't mean they executed it poorly - I'll never forget the energy of The Fatal Beliver as the opening song when I saw them at the NYC Inward Scream show.

It is hard choosing favorites amongst the massive discog they have.

After hearing DECAYS and Sukekiyo, it is so clear that influence that Kaoru has on the bands sound. It is why he has always been my favorite member as I know the dark and agressive sound is cultivated mostly by his musical direction.

When it comes to choosing remakes, I was suprised that 深い [Fukai] vs. (the Code of Vulgarism version) wasn't listed. I honestly love both versions of that song, and to this day it is one of my favorite Diru B-Sides, mostly because that was the height of my Diru obsession when I was in High school in Japan. For that reason, many of my most nostalgic and beloved songs come from the 鬼葬 [Kisou] - WTD era, but I still love their new and old songs too.

I never understood all the hate for MOAB - Songs like 艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み [Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi], 凌辱の雨 [Ryoujoku no Ame], and The Pledge are some of my Diru favorites - and just becasue the band dabbled in Metalcore after the Family values tour doesn't mean they executed it poorly - I'll never forget the energy of The Fatal Beliver as the opening song when I saw them at the NYC Inward Scream show.

It is hard choosing favorites amongst the massive discog they have.

I'm not sure I'd count the Vulgarism version of Fukai as a different version because Kyo just changed the lyrics while the music itself stayed the same. He's done this with a few other songs too (The Final, Conceived Sorrow).

yeah, don't forget about embryo, the single ver. is different from that in the album ver. (just the lyrics though)

Ps does Kyo just ''improvise'' with lyrics because he can't be assed to remember the actual lyrics or what? Also, are there any other bands who do this? I can't think of any but Dir en grey off the top of my head at the moment..

I'll for youUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Of course I forgot to mention THAT ..song.. as the worst song they ever created. My mind already erased the memory of it. Like a psychosis. It's really saying something about the song when the band itself is sick of playing it merely a year after it was done. Anyone who likes that song... should be stoned. to death. Or being registered as a bad music fan offender.

Ps does Kyo just ''improvise'' with lyrics because he can't be assed to remember the actual lyrics or what? Also, are there any other bands who do this? I can't think of any but Dir en grey off the top of my head at the moment..

Well, no. Like with Fukai he straight up changed all the lyrics, they weren't improvised. When he does that it's probably because the song means something different to him at the time. It's not uncommon for bands to improvise in a live setting, but I don't know if changing lyrics entirely is a common occurrence.

bauhaus? kewl

ps after grieva i appreciate shitty en grey more LOL idk what it is??!?!?!?! i like their shitkei kote antics though so i'll is cute in my books.

The ZAN performance from Feast of V senses (aka the last time they played the song well), he dead ass couldnt remember the lyrics so he just....gibberished it. He said this in an interview, If im not mistaken.

The ZAN performance from Feast of V senses (aka the last time they played the song well), he dead ass couldnt remember the lyrics so he just....gibberished it. He said this in an interview, If im not mistaken.

This one?

Also: Kaoru fricking chucked his Ganesa?! HE JUST CHUCKED HIS GANESA! I am totes jelly for that fanboy who managed to cling upon such trophy ;_;