Spike760

Dir en grey

Die definitely seems more versatile than Kaoru. I'm not exactly sure what style Kaoru goes for, but I like that Die incorporates jazz/funk stuff in even the heaviest songs. I can't help but smile while he does his VK flicka flicka thing in the chorus for Hageshisa. It's like that shouldn't even work, but it does.

By the way I love what Toshiya did in Glass Skin. The song is very ethereal so the bottom end that Toshiya provides basically keeps the whole thing grounded with a melodic groove. He's the backbone of that song, no doubt.

Die definitely seems more versatile than Kaoru. I'm not exactly sure what style Kaoru goes for, but I like that Die incorporates jazz/funk stuff in even the heaviest songs. I can't help but smile while he does his VK flicka flicka thing in the chorus for Hageshisa. It's like that shouldn't even work, but it does.

Yeah, I can def agree. I still prefer Kaoru over him due to song compositions, weird shit that he pulls off with his Guitar. But Die has that Style that demands attention and adds that flare that makes a Dir en grey song, a Dir en grey song.

You can label them however you want, that doesn't change the convenience of some bass styles over others based on what it is supposed to play with. Toshiya will probably not fit a Cage-solo into Shitataru Mouro. No way. He's doing good, and I found it funny anyway how you criticized his bass work on DSS (or so I suppose) while this was amongst the only things DEG fans could agree on was good about this album. But everyone as thou like.

AFAIK only some fans agreed on DSS' basswork being the best part of the album...but whatevs bruh (I never mentioned Cage or anything on that matter, wut?)

I get the feeling it has always been Kaoru who got all the attention for guitar works, when often times it was actually Die who should have been mentioned. It's like people automatically assume Kaoru does all the versatile, difficult, solo-ish stuff.. when in reality it couldn't be more far away from that.

When will someone finally make one of those ''KISS shreds'' parody videos for Dir en grey :( i want to die

Yeah, I can def agree. I still prefer Kaoru over him due to song compositions, weird shit that he pulls off with his Guitar. But Die has that Style that demands attention and adds that flare that makes a Dir en grey song, a Dir en grey song.

Well Kaoru definitely dominates when it comes to composing songs, but when Die gets a song on an album it's usually a banger. Tousei and Kaishun are some of the best DEG songs in years.

I was down on Kaoru for a while because he seemed really off and sloppy during the DSS phase, but that was true for the entire band I think. I would just cringe everytime I heard him screw up the solo in Different Sense.

If we're going in that direction, Die is hotter.

not without makeup boo, toshiya has a hot chistled face and sexy man arms to smack my ass the bass with.

ps i love being in the very small minority that likes decayed crow, i love dancing to it while laughing at how much everyone despises the track

how y'all gonna say Jesus Christ R'n'R is one of their worst tracks when Dir has lame shit like Decayed Crow, The Deeper Vileness, Beautiful Dirt, The Inferno, S and that kinda stuff tho? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

wow, what's happening here?
I really believe that DECAYED CROW is one of their better tracks, so much speed and "hatred" in  that track...

comparing it to THE INFERNO... the inferno is so bad and out of the place in the ARCHE era...
maybe DECAYED CROW is not one of their better songs but is still better then some of their "speed/rage" tracks recently...
(sorry if someone doesn't understand me but I'm a little drunk right now lulz)

I still believe that The Deeper Vileness, Beautiful Dirt and S are awesome tracks though...

How anyone would think that Jesus Christ R'n'R is bad? it's freaking good!

I guess we all have our own perceptions of good and shitty tracks, that's about it. :)

For example, my opinion on the above mentioned stuff:

I like: The Deeper Vileness, S

Not bad: Decayed Crow, The Inferno

I don't rly like: Jesus Christ R'n'R, Beautiful Dirt

S, as well as the rest of Missa, are easily among the best Dir en grey songs IMO.

As for Jesus Christ R'n'R it's a decent song. Easily the worst of WtD, but the pre-chorus (is it? long time since I heard the track) just makes up for the rest of the song. So catchy and cool.

Decayed Crow is a mess. And what's funny is I'm not a fan of any of the other tracks Tokage mentioned either. I hated The Inferno at first but I've grown to like it more after a repeated listens. I mostly like how the riff has subtle changes as the song progresses. Not one of their best songs by any means, but it's better than Decayed Crow.

And Shinya did a proper blast beat on The Inferno!

Beautiful Dirt is cool when you haven't heard it in a long time.

Decayed Crow is a mess of a song but it....works for some rreason.

The Deeper vileness is easily a very underrated song. That Feast of V senses performance is DEBO.

Jesus Rnr is okay when you're just listening to Withering in its entirety. It needs a better live version though. Def far from worse.

Inferno is one of the best songs on ARCHE. FITE ME.

Worst songs the band has ever done? Everything after Rinkaku, leading up to BEHIND A VACANT IMAGE on ARCHE. Snooze fest city.