Spike760

Dir en grey

Gosh, I love it. This is the kind of look they deserve...

May the Adidas crazyness be kept in their cringe-vault, along with their 1998 Budokan performance, and NEVER try to come back...

Dir will be always vk, no matter what they say...

Oh, and that's a VK feature magazine. Interesting move. I can remember when they stopped to circulate into those magazines when they started their MOAB era...

Edited by saiko

35 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Arrest this dude. 

“Uroboros", the seventh full-length album from Japan's DIR EN GREY, sold around 6,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 114 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD debuted at No. 1 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.”

Mofos should have thanked me. 

On 9/7/2018 at 4:05 PM, Kelrya said:

I think Arche leaked like two days early or something like that. Btw Kaoru did an interview with Ongaku to Hito. I haven’t read it but I was reading the 2ch thread and it sounds like the album is gonna be a cross between Arche and TMOAB.

There it goes my hopes for it. I hope the ballads are good at least.

The softer songs from MoaB are definitely the best moments from the album.

I hope the MoaB comparision don't included the mixing of the album as well.

I’d like Shinya to go more into depth about why he hated Marrow. Imagine recording and touring behind something you hate. Especially if, according to Kaoru, Shinya is the most stubborn member of the band and doesn’t do anything he doesn’t want to do. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

I’d like Shinya to go more into depth about why he hated Marrow. Imagine recording and touring behind something you hate. Especially if, according to Kaoru, Shinya is the most stubborn member of the band and doesn’t do anything he doesn’t want to do. 

He actually did an interview about this either last year or early this year. Idk if there is an English translation out there. Basically there are two reasons, and they extend to WtD as well. The first is that he didn’t want to play the simplistic rock/hardcore/metal drumming style that the rest of the band asked him to play for those records. He wanted to be more creative but they said it didn’t fit the style they were going for or something like that. The other reason is that they decided during that period when they were trying to break into the Western market to stop wearing makeup during performances. Shinya was the one member that was super against this and he nearly quit the band over it because he told himself from the beginning that he wouldn’t be in a band that doesn’t wear makeup. Obviously they have since gone back to wearing makeup. He said he was able to enjoy these albums more for what they are during the “mode of” tours but it remains his least favorite chapter in the bands history.

Edited by Kelrya

24 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

He actually did an interview about this either last year or early this year. Idk if there is an English translation out there. Basically there are two reasons, and they extend to WtD as well. The first is that he didn’t want to play the simplistic rock/hardcore/metal drumming style that the rest of the band asked him to play for those records. He wanted to be more creative but they said it didn’t fit the style they were going for or something like that. The other reason is that they decided during that period when they were trying to break into the Western market to stop wearing makeup during performances. Shinya was the one member that was super against this and he nearly quit the band over it because he told himself from the beginning that he wouldn’t be in a band that doesn’t wear makeup. Obviously they have since gone back to wearing makeup. He said he was able to enjoy these albums more for what they are during the “mode of” tours but it remains his least favorite chapter in the bands history.

If true, Shinya essentially saved dir en grey. 💋

Love this testimony! Would love to hear more...

Shinya was always my favorite member, followed by Toshiya. The two of them are actually the most skilled ones you the band.

Ever since I read an interview with Die complaining about the water pressure of the shower at a venue not being just right he’s seemed like a bit of a pampered douche to me.

14 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

Ever since I read an interview with Die complaining about the water pressure of the shower at a venue not being just right he’s seemed like a bit of a pampered douche to me.

Shitty water pressure sucks. It’s a valid complaint. Also one look at Die’s hair should tell you the dude needs perfect conditions to care for that glorious mane. 

38 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

That stuff about Shinya is frooom VOS, I think.

No it was in a magazine interview.

Edit: It was from BURRN! 9/29/17

Edited by Kelrya

I went to BK hoping to see him before a show some years back. 

By the way, I would have loved to try the Japan-exclusive squid ink BK burger, but I suppose this would belong in the Burger King thread.

I know for sure that Kyo is team McDonalds though. 

Edited by blacktooth

I remember an interviewer asking Kyo where he likes to eat when on tour, saying it’s probably something expensive. And then Kyo said McDonalds lol. Oh and he likes to take it back to his hotel and eat it while in the bath.

Edited by Kelrya

The daigakuimo french fries they had at Japanese McDonalds last year were so good.

(Hopefully my comment won’t get moved to the McDonalds Kei thread.)

Edited by Kelrya

There was an interview where they were talking about being in the tour van in San Francisco I think and Kyo was eating a McDonalds burger when the driver suddenly slammed on the brakes and his burger fell onto the floor.